Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

It can also be bad when you're hurrying away from someone, and you accidentally step in the grass and your heels get stuck there, and you fall over, and the person catches up with you.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 29, 2023, 04:06:26 PM
It can also be bad when you're hurrying away from someone, and you accidentally step in the grass and your heels get stuck there, and you fall over, and the person catches up with you.

So if a masked supernatural killer is chasing you, they aren't the best footwear to have on?
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

ER

Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2023, 04:12:54 PM

So if a masked supernatural killer is chasing you, they aren't the best footwear to have on?
Unless you're Buffy.

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 29, 2023, 04:18:46 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

I always thought that if she ran out of stakes, she could have impaled a vampire on her big, pointy nose.  :bouncegiggle:
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

ER

Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2023, 04:20:12 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

I always thought that if she ran out of stakes, she could have impaled a vampire on her big, pointy nose.  :bouncegiggle:

She's Jewish, mate, which means that remark just got you on the JDL's watch list.

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 29, 2023, 04:21:23 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

She's Jewish, mate, which means that remark just got you on the JDL's watch list.

Meh. What is one more watch list?
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

ER

Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2023, 04:23:26 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

Shrug, I've found Jewish people to be sensitive about nose-related remarks. You might think remarks about other regions of the anatomy might stir them up more, but nope, seems the proboscis does it.

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 29, 2023, 04:32:12 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

Shrug, I've found Jewish people to be sensitive about nose-related remarks. You might think remarks about other regions of the anatomy might stir them up more, but nope, seems the proboscis does it.

So I shouldn't (mis)quote Monty Pythons Life of Brian and say "I am only telling the truth, she does have a very big nose" then?
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

ER

Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2023, 04:42:29 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

So I shouldn't (mis)quote Monty Pythons Life of Brian and say "I am only telling the truth, she does have a very big nose" then?

Dude, are you TRYING to get the Israelis to shut this site down???

Alex

Quote from: ER on January 29, 2023, 04:54:23 PM
Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2023, 04:42:29 PM

Unless you're Buffy.

Dude, are you TRYING to get the Israelis to shut this site down???

Don't worry, if they get upset I have all sorts of jokes about religion I can tell them to cheer them up.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Rev. Powell

Ah, the random "how are you" text from an ex that generates no followup if you respond to it, how I've missed you!
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

You know what I like about February? It walks the middle path.

Alex

I have a random urge to watch Snakes on a Plane.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

ER

The other day, for the heck of it, I bought my husband this Old Spice lavender deodorant. He said, "Gee, that'll convince the construction crew I hired that I'm a regular he-man, huh?" But the thing is, this was the stinkiest deodorant of all time. Go smell it in the store sometime, it smells like someone took a handful of freshly cut weeds and rubbed them against skin.

LilCerberus

I wonder if Elon Musk could shoot down that balloon....

Or maybe Richard Branson; He's been on a balloon ride, & he has a plane that can go that high....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.