Main Menu

The news from London isn't good

Started by Trevor, September 08, 2022, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

It seems like the Queen is very ill and doctors fear the worst.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Newt

:bluesad:  Our news broadcasts are all about it. I cannot help but be sad, even with so little said.  This cannot be good.   :bluesad:
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Trevor

Quote from: Newt on September 08, 2022, 11:21:29 AM
:bluesad:  Our news broadcasts are all about it. I cannot help but be sad, even with so little said.  This cannot be good.   :bluesad:

The words London Bridge are being used a lot on Twitter and if that starts happening, then you know that she is either in her last hours or she has passed.

Newt

Announced just now that she has passed.
:bluesad:
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Trevor

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Bollocks. I was hoping she'd last until I get out so I didn't have to work the funeral. I didn't expect her to outlast Phillip by long. Well, she was a working royal all her life and did the best she could for her country as she saw it. I've heard worse epitaphs.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on September 08, 2022, 01:56:16 PM
Bollocks. I was hoping she'd last until I get out so I didn't have to work the funeral. I didn't expect her to outlast Phillip by long. Well, she was a working royal all her life and did the best she could for her country as she saw it. I've heard worse epitaphs.

The footage we have of her during the 1947 Royal Tour - most of it in colour - is quite amazing.

Alex

Because she died at Balmoral, my understanding is that she will lie in state in Edinburgh (Hollyrood), rather than going down to London. I've never really looked into the ins and outs of it, but the whole thing is called Operation Unicorn. If anyone is interested, I'd imagine at least some details of it will be available online.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Trevor

One of our more belligerent political parties, the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) issued this statement to express their feelings on her passing.

https://www.politicsweb.co.za/documents/we-do-not-mourn-the-death-of-queen-elizabeth--eff

Strange they do not blame her for everything wrong in Africa as though everything is her fault.

zombie no.one

please do not mock my potato.

Trevor

And then there was this tweet from this twit  :hatred:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11194501/Jeff-Bezos-slams-Carnegie-Mellon-professor-vile-tweet-ailing-Queen.html

I will admit that I was never a fan of the Queen - due to her silence after Princess Diana's death - but that tweet is beyond vile.

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

sprite75

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.