Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:06 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Supernatural experiences? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Supernatural experiences?  (Read 2650 times)
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« on: October 11, 2022, 12:27:50 AM »

Have you ever had a supernatural experience? Or an experience you believe had some supernatural aspects to it?

I have, one was kind of personal, another would take too long to relate. Let's just say one involved a signal from a relative who had passed on, the other involved me being seemingly manipulated into possibly saving a life,  and a couple people being manipulated into manipulating me, creating a series of closely spaced and precisely timed unusual events that resulted in me being at an exact point in space and time that resulted in me possibly saving a person's life.

Looking at the second event,  I have the feeling something just didn't want that woman to die that night, and steered some people into doing a few minor things that lead me to be at a perfect place at the perfect time to take actions that saved her. There were just several unusual events within a couple hours that were very precisely timed to result in me being where and when a women I never knew needed someone to help her.

I think it was influenced by something best described as supernatural.

So, have you had an experience you would call supernatural?

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 02:13:27 AM »

In June 2019 I was heading home to Pretoria from Bloemfontein (about 500 miles) by car and about 20 minutes outside Bloemfontein, a huge black car appeared in my rear view mirror and it was going fast, so I slowed down, to see what kind of car it was when it went past me.

About half a minute later, it vanished completely. No off-ramps or exits on that highway. No side roads either.  Buggedout

Two weeks later, I got seriously ill with Bell's Palsy: that was a ghost car I saw and that experience was a warning.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 10:30:30 AM »

In June 2019 I was heading home to Pretoria from Bloemfontein (about 500 miles) by car and about 20 minutes outside Bloemfontein, a huge black car appeared in my rear view mirror and it was going fast, so I slowed down, to see what kind of car it was when it went past me.

About half a minute later, it vanished completely. No off-ramps or exits on that highway. No side roads either.  Buggedout

Interesting… my and a mate were once driving through town (he was driving) and we got stuck behind a slow moving fire engine. It then turned and went down some increasingly narrow side-streets that we also had to go down, so we’re still stuck behind it. Then it turned one corner (slowly) , and we turned the same corner about 5 seconds later, and it was gone. There was nowhere it could’ve gone except carry along the same road. An fire engine seemed to vanish in front of us.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
chainsaw midget

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 07:46:20 AM »

I saw a ghost once. 

As far as ghostly encounters go, it was fairly mundane.  I saw a person standing there in the dark after opening a locked door.  When I looked again, he was gone. 
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 12:09:09 AM »

I was in living in a VERY bad apartment in KCMO and was drinking and drugging one night. I mean this apartment was full of criminals and people who had just gotten out of jail.

Anyways I saw a huge demon materialize before my eyes.

To this day I can't tell if it was something in my mind or if I actually saw an entity.

It pushed me on the shoulders though. Scared the living hell outta me!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 05:19:06 AM »

I was in living in a VERY bad apartment in KCMO and was drinking and drugging one night. I mean this apartment was full of criminals and people who had just gotten out of jail.

To this day I can't tell if it was something in my mind or if I actually saw an entity.

A handful of people I have known who were either in the midst of substance abuse or (especially) during recovery have spoken of the experience of seeing literal, physical demons, so it makes me wonder about the place of such beings in the use of drugs themselves. The misuse of drugs has certainly brought incalculable suffering into human life for users and almost everyone the users know, and I can't think of even one group in the world, contemporary or historical, that doesn't have "evil spirits" as part of its cultural foundation. You were before my time here, I think---I have been here about fifteen years---but hello, I'm glad you are reporting that you are doing better.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 11:44:47 PM »

I've been on a few Ghost tours.  Caught a few orbs on my old camera.  That' about it. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 12:25:09 AM »

A handful of people I have known who were either in the midst of substance abuse or (especially) during recovery have spoken of the experience of seeing literal, physical demons, so it makes me wonder about the place of such beings in the use of drugs themselves. The misuse of drugs has certainly brought incalculable suffering into human life for users and almost everyone the users know, and I can't think of even one group in the world, contemporary or historical, that doesn't have "evil spirits" as part of its cultural foundation. You were before my time here, I think---I have been here about fifteen years---but hello, I'm glad you are reporting that you are doing better.

Thank you ER! Things are much calmer nowadays. I haven't even had any alcohol in about a few years, give or take a few months. My only vices nowadays are the vape and caffeine.

But yeah, I always wonder if the booze and drugs played a part in seeing that entity. It boggles even me.

Nice to meet you, and take care.
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 01:43:13 PM »

So how is vape affecting you?  Is it better than smoking?

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
redrosekilly
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 12:21:00 PM »

I was about seven years old when I had my first supernatural experience. I was walking home from school with my best friend at the time, chatting about nothing in particular, when we both suddenly got the feeling that someone was watching us. We turned around and saw a man standing in the middle of the street, staring at us. He was bald and very thin, with pale skin and dark eyes. He didn't seem to be wearing any clothes, but we couldn't see anything too bad because he was so far away. We just stood there staring at him for a few seconds before he suddenly disappeared. We looked around for him but he was gone. There was no way he could have run away that fast. We were both really scared and ran the rest of the way home. We never told anyone about what happened because we were afraid people would think we were crazy. But I know what I saw and I'm convinced that it was some kind of supernatural being.
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 03:39:47 PM »

I've had a lot of gack thrown at me on other sites for ths topic, but people here were nicer. Personally I think that as is existence itself is an unexplainable and therefore supernatrual event.

I'm a student of science and an generally of a scientific leaning but as such I know we have no means of explaining how existence started. Even the big bang has something existing before the universe. Other theories are our universe is just one of many, maybe an infitinte number, of universes existing in a thing called 'the bulk' like bubbles in an endless medium.

We can't explain how existence could have begun, so while I'm generally a follower of scientific methodology I can also admit it can't explain fundamental origins of existence.

I'm agnostic on religious views, but more doubtful of some of them than others.

But my personal experiences make me believe in some things that would be called supernatural events.

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2022, 06:10:14 PM »

I have told this in another supernatural thread here before I think. I saw a ghostly apparition in 2016 at work. This was on my night shift, and I was taking a small break and went outside. Our firm is located in the outskirts of our town, surrounded by farm land. I saw a figure walking oddly in circles in a small patch of tall grass at the end of our parking lot that is connected to a sidewalk and the street. The street light only let me see the silhouette. I was standing in a dark spot at the end of our firm's building about 60 meters away.
It had a round head and a pointy nose. I first thought it must be a drunk person, it's not unusual for people taking walks at night in our town's business & warehouse district, even though it was 1:30 am on a workday. The figure kept moving in small circles. I looked away a few times and rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but it was still there. This went on for about 2-3 minutes then it was gone. Just like that. Disappeared right before my eyes. A few seconds later a car drove by. It couldn't have run away or had any place nearby to hide. After some time I slowly walked to the spot where I saw the figure before, but there was nothing.

A few weeks ago I saw something weird again at work during my night shift. I took my lunch break at 2:00 am and after a while I went outside and walked across our parking lot to the fence separating the lot from the sidewalk. Across the street is another firm (they don't work night shifts) and their lobby's lights were on. Near the entry of the lobby I saw something black and round, almost like a disc, scooting across the floor moving into a field. Almost at the same time I saw a pair of, well, naked white non-human legs? walking from left to right going behind the lobby/building. The light from the lobby made the legs visible. I couldn't make out the rest of the body. I'm not even sure if it had a whole body. This was so strange and creepy.

I don't think the black round thing was an animal. It was just black, round and flat. Probably not wider than 1 meter. Hard to describe the legs. They weren't formed like human legs but had knees. The legs were kind of skinny and white fleshy, walking at normal speed. Again, this couldn't have been an animal. There are plenty of deer but these weren't deer legs.

Anyway, those are my last two experiences I can't explain.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 03:51:14 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2022, 07:27:26 PM »

One thing I've noticed in 2 of 3 experiences I remember having was the feeling of what I can only describe as a sense of a presence. It began as a sudden tension in the muscles just below my temples, and shot across the sides of my head, making my ears shift, and going  to the backof my head.

It was that ''Something's watching you '' feeling, it came on suddenly in both cases,  very powerfully. My pulse rose, I had a literal chill run down my spine (hokey but accurate description) and a sensation in my chest, in one case it quickly became a surge of intense joy.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Paquita

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 11:19:45 PM »

I’ve had a fair share and hope to have many more.  Nothing I think anyone would find incredibly profound or amazing or sway their beliefs.  As with my own, I think many supernatural / paranormal / spiritual (whatever you want to call them) experiences are so acutely personal that it’s difficult to articulate their significance, and putting them into text seems a bit of an injustice, at least with my writing abilities. 

I love discussing the paranormal though and hearing other peoples’ stories.  I heard a guy talk about a series of synchronicities that unfolded over a short period of time that led him to discovering he had rheumatoid arthritis.  The story was just so cool!  It took a while to set up and explain, but once it all came together I couldn’t imagine that the collection of experiences was anything less than supernatural. Maybe it was some form of intuition that we may one day understand on a more scientifically accepted level, but I think there definitely had to be something there.

Almost at the same time I saw a pair of, well, naked white non-human legs? walking from left to right going behind the lobby/building. The light from the lobby made the legs visible. I couldn't make out the rest of the body. I'm not even sure if it had a whole body. This was so strange and creepy.

A few years ago, I saw some videos and clips of disembodied legs that seem to fit the description you gave.  I think they go under the name “Fresno Nightcrawler”.  When I saw the video, I just wrote it off as another internet hoax.  Have you seen any of those videos and does that match what you saw?

One thing I've noticed in 2 of 3 experiences I remember having was the feeling of what I can only describe as a sense of a presence. It began as a sudden tension in the muscles just below my temples, and shot across the sides of my head, making my ears shift, and going  to the backof my head.

It was that ''Something's watching you '' feeling, it came on suddenly in both cases,  very powerfully. My pulse rose, I had a literal chill run down my spine (hokey but accurate description) and a sensation in my chest, in one case it quickly became a surge of intense joy.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I‘m not sure this is the same thing, but some of the people I’ve discussed with say they have an “Aha!” feeling when they kind of “know”.  I think that describes it pretty good for me as well.

claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2022, 06:14:23 AM »

A few years ago, I saw some videos and clips of disembodied legs that seem to fit the description you gave.  I think they go under the name “Fresno Nightcrawler”.  When I saw the video, I just wrote it off as another internet hoax.  Have you seen any of those videos and does that match what you saw?

Oh wow, I had forgotten about these Fresno Nightcrawlers. Just done watching a couple of nightcrawler vids on YouTube. The pair of legs I saw looked similar, but the legs were thinner and not pants-like, but it moved pretty much the same way. This just kind of gave me chills again agh.

Is it October yet?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Supernatural experiences? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.