Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:18:38 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Demon's Baby « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Demon's Baby  (Read 1188 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 05, 2003, 10:44:55 PM »

THE DEMON'S BABY is the title of a trashy dvd that I picked up from Video Mayhem of Florida. It is a Chinese import, subtitled in English. (Widescreen, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround!)

Here's the story: a wealthy Chinese man finds out that all four of his concubines have become pregnant at the same time. The problem is, they are all carrying tiny demons in their wombs. The women's stomachs burst open like venus flytraps. Long tentacles come out, grab animals and humans, pull them into the women's open stomachs where sharp-toothed demon babies await to bite their heads off. An "exorcist" with a sword shows up to fight the little terrors. In addition to the demon fetuses, some vampires show up.

Interesting facts:

* You can neutralize a vampire by stuffing bean curd in its mouth.
* Women impregnated with demon fetuses grow vampire fangs.
* If a vampire is hit with a coffin lid, its arm will fall off.

Best scenes in the movie:

* Two guys kicking a fetus around like a soccer ball, as the try to get it back into its mothers stomach.
* The "exorcist," confronting the demons and their moms, spins around in the air like a cast member from CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON, while fireworks explode around him.

What this movie reminds me of:

* The bloody little demons look a lot like the creature that pops out of the woman's stomach at the end of HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
john xela
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 08:23:23 PM »

yeah i managed to waste £10 of good hard cash on this piece of junk. and then an hour and a half of my precious time. not only does the whole film make very little sense or have any real flow or continuity, the effects are poor, the acting is laughable and the dialogue (ok it's translated, but f**k it...) is abysmal. i mean was this film storyboarded in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER? things seem to just happen for little or no reason, the whole morgue scene for instance... erm - what the hell was that supposed to be (funny yes, pointless and irrelevant... yeah that too). the whole 'characters appearing and disappearing with no real reason' happens here too - a common trait of cheapo eastern movies. by the time this movie was in its final reel i was about ready to slice my own belly in two with the remnants of the dvd after i had finished using it to massacre the guy who hyped the film on ebay.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 08:40:50 PM »

Hahaha, this movie sounds Great!

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Demon's Baby « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.