Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 12:49:09 PM
715317 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 643868 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1620 on: October 22, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »

This is why the photos of old where everyone is wearing a serious look on their face.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1621 on: October 22, 2011, 05:16:43 PM »

Humanity advanced to the point that natural selection no longer exists. Therefore, humanity is filled to the brim with people that would otherwise be dead due to lack of basic things like congizance of their immediate surroundings. Advancement is a blessing and a curse to be sure.

I'm putting that on a t-shirt.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1622 on: October 22, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »

I hate it when Tom Cruise is on TV and magazine's, he looks all smug. Hatred Thumbdown

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1623 on: October 22, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »

I hate it when Tom Cruise is on TV and magazine's, he looks all smug. Hatred Thumbdown

It's a Scientologist thing.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1624 on: October 22, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »

Humanity advanced to the point that natural selection no longer exists. Therefore, humanity is filled to the brim with people that would otherwise be dead due to lack of basic things like congizance of their immediate surroundings. Advancement is a blessing and a curse to be sure.

This is very true. When I was a kid we blew things up and set things on fire for fun. That itself did three things: It weeded out the really dumb kids, it made us pay attention to every detail, and it made us remember that the results of our actions last forever. Kids don't have that today.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Couchtr26

« Reply #1625 on: October 23, 2011, 03:35:16 AM »

I agree. I cannot for the life of me, smile on command.

*struggling* You all know what a smile looks like, don't you?

I have a similar problem.  Not so much I can't, but I am never excited about photographs and always end up looking angry. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1626 on: October 24, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »

Call the little pharmacy in the little town I live in to see if my prescription is ready to be picked up.  Good grief, you'd think I'd called AT&T's corporate headquarters.  "If you're calling for this, please press 1.  If you're calling for that, please press 2."   Which gets me to "If you're calling for this, please press 1.  If you're calling for that, please press 2."  Which gets me to "If you're calling for this, please press 1.  If you're calling for that, please press 2."  Which gets me to "If you're calling for this, please press 1.  If you're calling for that, please press 2."

And a couple more times. 

Then you go down to that damned store and half the employees are standing around doing nothing.  God forbid somebody take a moment out of their busy day to answer the damned phone.

Give your customers a great big middle finger and then when your sales go down the toilet, blame it on the economy.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1627 on: October 26, 2011, 06:59:45 AM »

To answer the photos from DS's post, taking a photo took 45 mins and that's why they *suppose* to look serious.

yeah no.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1628 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

To answer the photos from DS's post, taking a photo took 45 mins and that's why they *suppose* to look serious.
Yep and they had a steel rod against the back of their head to keep still.  I think looking p**sed off in a photo is more genuine than faking a smile.

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1629 on: October 26, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »

Yep and they had a steel rod against the back of their head to keep still.  I think looking p**sed off in a photo is more genuine than faking a smile.

I used to know a particularly uptight guy who refused to smile for photos. Not just fake smiles, but any smiles. He'd try so hard to look serious and dignified that he'd end up with a scowl on his face that looked just as phony as a forced smile. I'm not a fan of posed photos, and one of the reasons is that people have a problem with just relaxing and looking normal.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1630 on: November 03, 2011, 08:30:24 AM »

Rich people whining about taxes, its been in the news and I’ve avoided it because I hate bringing up politics on this board.   However, I see no need why people need a house with 50 rooms nor 30 cars nor a personal movie theater or a gigantic game room nor 500 outfits or 3,000 pairs of shoes.  I understand its not my place to say what people should or shouldn’t spend their money on but I for the life of me can’t figure out why the rich (especially athletes, actors, singers, people who are famous because they’re…well, famous for no reason…etc) shouldn’t be forced to pay more taxes on what they earn.   

DarkSider's Realm

Skull
« Reply #1631 on: November 03, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »

Rich people whining about taxes, its been in the news and I’ve avoided it because I hate bringing up politics on this board.   However, I see no need why people need a house with 50 rooms nor 30 cars nor a personal movie theater or a gigantic game room nor 500 outfits or 3,000 pairs of shoes. 

wow... wow... wow...

So you have no dreams? You have no goals? You have no desire? You like to live life like a fish in a pond with the other fish?

I understand its not my place to say what people should or shouldn’t spend their money on but I for the life of me can’t figure out why the rich (especially athletes, actors, singers, people who are famous because they’re…well, famous for no reason…etc) shouldn’t be forced to pay more taxes on what they earn.   

The tax issue isnt about if the rich can pay it or not... the tax isssue is just a cover form the real truth... "No matter how much the goverment tax it's still not enough to cover all the spending."

Government needs to control their spending!

What I dont understand is how Government controlled unions can legaly take money from the Government Union workers and then give that money to the democratic party (thru donations) and then fixed the money issue of the Union short fall by forcing non-government workers into paying those Government Union Workers... Talk about Money Laundering!!!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1632 on: November 03, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »

Rich people whining about taxes, its been in the news and I’ve avoided it because I hate bringing up politics on this board.   However, I see no need why people need a house with 50 rooms nor 30 cars nor a personal movie theater or a gigantic game room nor 500 outfits or 3,000 pairs of shoes. 

wow... wow... wow...

So you have no dreams? You have no goals? You have no desire? You like to live life like a fish in a pond with the other fish?

You can't tell me you don't see the vast gap between what DS posted and your reply.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1633 on: November 03, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »

Rich people whining about taxes, its been in the news and I’ve avoided it because I hate bringing up politics on this board.   However, I see no need why people need a house with 50 rooms nor 30 cars nor a personal movie theater or a gigantic game room nor 500 outfits or 3,000 pairs of shoes.  I understand its not my place to say what people should or shouldn’t spend their money on but I for the life of me can’t figure out why the rich (especially athletes, actors, singers, people who are famous because they’re…well, famous for no reason…etc) shouldn’t be forced to pay more taxes on what they earn.   

Look, I'm the first to realize that we are no longer living in a capitalist system. It's a corporatist state now, with corporations having political power, which they are not supposed to have in a capitalist economic system. Therein is the real problem, folks, not that some billionaire has more than he needs from a practicality standpoint. As for that I couldn't care less.

People love to demonize the rich, and let's face it, they're an easy target, but few people actually realize how much they contribute to society. Let's consider all the evil things they do:

1. They pay a larger percentage of taxes, hence, they carry the bulk of the tax burden. And when they say "why doesn't everybody pay the same percentage regardless of income," boy, that's evil.
2. Most of them are rich because they are successful business people. This means that, while they are rolling in dough, they have also created a large number of jobs, which allows people who are less successful than they an opportunity to eat and provide for their families, those evil f**ks.
3. Many successful rich people (not all, of course) support non-profit charitable organizations with very large sums of money. In fact, there are many non-profit organizations that would go belly-up without that support. Some of them even found some of these organizations. God they are so f**king evil!

Sure, some of the rich are corrupt. Yes, most of them live extravagantly, in way that make us peasants sick. But our problem aren't the rich. The Occupy Wall Street crowd are going after the wrong people. If you want things to improve, then start supporting the businesses. If you stop the businesses, I promise you, complete social and economic collapse is assured.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #1634 on: November 03, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »

wow... wow... wow...

You can't tell me you don't see the vast gap between what DS posted and your reply.

Agree but that reply is responding to: "However, I see no need why people need..." quote... maybe I should highlight it anyway... I never agreed with that line of thinking; it's wrong at so many levels.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.