Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:13:21 PM
714965 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 636993 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #855 on: January 15, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »

Retail clerks who ask you if you want to join their [insert generic discount program name here] every single time you go through the checkout.  Put a little sign up or something - don't ask every single person that every time they buy something. 

I know it's the store policy and not the clerk's fault, but it gets really old.  Especially if I'm standing in line with my usual 1 item and the old lady in front of me - who's already moving at 1/10th normal human speed - decides that yes, she would like to sign up for that plan  Lookingup
Am I the only one that feels completely awkward handing a stranger my key chain to scan a savings card?  I understand having the card on the keychain is a matter of convenience but I really long for the days when things were just on sale. 

I've never understood supermarket layouts in the first place
Yep and they keep getting odder.  The Stop And Shops in my area remodeled to have the bread in the center isle.  You know, so when you're halfway done with your shopping you can chuck your bread into the basket to be covered by soda, milk and other heavy items before you get to the checkout.   Thumbdown

Going back to my original comment today, I understand no one clerk is going to now the store top to bottom.  However, the more staff I run into lately the fewer times do they know anything about their place of business.   And more often than not I get the "I don't give a sh!t" vibe from them.   I really get irritated when my wife tells me to pick something up she JUST bought at a store.  When I get to said store the staff insist they don't carry the item.  Then I end up having to call my wife to ask her where the location is.  Though I haven't been doing this, I would really like to shove the item in clerk's faces and let them know where its at.  I really don't think they'd give two sh!ts less though. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #856 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »

This one I just thought of randomly.  I hate it when a movie ends and they plaster the title of the film on the screen before the closing credits.  It seems a bit pretentious to me as if to remind you what you just spent two hours on.  Of course Avatar did this.   Lookingup

DarkSider's Realm

Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #857 on: January 15, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »

And don't look for maple syrup in the baking aisle with the pancake mix and all the other sweeteners. It's over with the cereal because somebody decided it was breakfast.

That's also where they put Karo syrup and Molasses.  Sure, maybe a handful of elderly people still drizzle them on their toast, but those are filed under baking ingredients in my brain and I always forget they're with the maple syrup by the cereal and not in the baking aisle.
BTM

« Reply #858 on: January 16, 2011, 05:05:00 AM »

METAL fans...or a certain breed anyhow.  Particularly the ones that insist their favorite band is better than all and nothing else is of worth noting. 

I totally agree, especially since everyone knows Blood & Bowels is THE best metal band ever!

TeddyR

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Couchtr26

« Reply #859 on: January 28, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »

You know what grinds my gears?   Not enough lubricant.   TeddyR

Okay, seriously.  Myself actually, I have been making some stupid choices lately.  First, I thought I would take an unscheduled day off from work and then mid way through the day realized I needed the cash for an upcoming event.  Damn it, Tom get your head in the game of life.

Ah, the good old days.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #860 on: January 28, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »

You know what grinds my gears?   Not enough lubricant.   TeddyR

Okay, seriously.  Myself actually, I have been making some stupid choices lately.  First, I thought I would take an unscheduled day off from work and then mid way through the day realized I needed the cash for an upcoming event.  Damn it, Tom get your head in the game of life.

Okay, so you're grinding your own gears. I'm going to have to ban you for that in the other thread.

Wink

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #861 on: January 28, 2011, 04:35:47 PM »

People who think they own a street thus stopping their vehicle in the middle of it.  These people then take it to another level BSing with a pal on the side of the road or perhaps looking lost for their cellphone in the backseat.  Nope, I'm not trying to get by or anything...I'll wait patiently.   Lookingup

DarkSider's Realm

Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #862 on: January 29, 2011, 01:41:37 AM »

People that are in the middle of the lane within a parking lot, waiting for a person to back out so they can take their spot. Not only can I not get around you, but you're also waiting for an 80yr old lady to put 2 carts of groceries in her car...which has us sitting here for 10 minutes.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #863 on: January 29, 2011, 09:04:02 AM »

People that are in the middle of the lane within a parking lot, waiting for a person to back out so they can take their spot. Not only can I not get around you, but you're also waiting for an 80yr old lady to put 2 carts of groceries in her car...which has us sitting here for 10 minutes.

Or when those people are waiting for you to back out, and making you feel like you're inconveniencing them by not doing it immediately. Seriously, it's one thing to see a car moving, or with its reverse lights on, or even running, but to wait for the space just because you see somebody return to their car? That's not reasonable to the people trying to get by, or to the guy in the space, who might not be ready to leave just yet.

I find people tend to be obsessed with parking as close to the entrance as possible, driving around where the vehicular and pedestrian traffic is heaviest, competing for spaces that can be extremely tight to get in and out of. I always park farther out in the lot, where I get a space I can drive straight through for an easy exit, and often have no cars immediately beside me. Easy to get in, open the doors, load purchases and leave. The only price is maybe an extra 50 yards of walking at most. I find driving in close quarters with other vehicles very stressful, and to me, it's worth the extra minute getting into the store. And jockeying for a closer space would have wasted more time than that anyway.

Drives my wife nuts, because she's the sort who wants to park as close as possible. Ironic, considering she's also the one who always says we need to exercise more. Does it make sense to avoid little bits of extra walking in your day-to-day business, then try to work in a walk for its own sake later on?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #864 on: January 29, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »

^^^

I never wait for close-up parking spots. I just don't have the patience to drive around the lot for 10 minutes, lol. It's funny when you see somebody doing that...trying to get as close as possible to the store...and you just park further away and get to the store before them. And you notice they're still driving around in circles as you're entering the building. lol
Couchtr26

« Reply #865 on: January 29, 2011, 02:47:01 PM »

Have you ever started dating someone.  Things start out well, you feel you are made for each other and quickly things go 180 degrees.  I imagine this has happened alot.  However, going further have you ever then about a year later learned your brother or sister started dating this person.  Upon researching further you learn the reason is to get back at you for wrongs real or perceived.  I have that happening right now.  Trying to warn my brother but feel like I'm screaming at a brick wall.  Feel like I will never be heard and that it will just be a whole lot of grief over nothing but stupidity.  It has been driving me up the wall for a few days.   

Ah, the good old days.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #866 on: January 29, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »

Regarding the parking spot vultures, I can't stand them either.  When I see one waiting for me  (if I luck out with a close space) I go out of my way to be a d!ckhead and take double the time I normally would.  I've had people speed away swearing at me which I return with a gentle wave and smile.  

As for waiting for a space to open personally, no thanks.  When I see someone doing that it become my mission to get into the store before them.

DarkSider's Realm

ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #867 on: January 30, 2011, 03:54:05 AM »

I will be the first to admit i sometimes mangle the english language, most of the time just to f#ck with people, but it bugs the sh!t outta me when people ask me if my store has an ATM machine.  The word Machine is already there, thats what the M means

Lima beans are the Devil
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #868 on: January 30, 2011, 04:03:57 AM »

Another thing that bugs me is non-alcoholic beer. To me thats like breathing non- oxygen air.

Lima beans are the Devil
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #869 on: January 30, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »

Regarding the parking spot vultures, I can't stand them either.  When I see one waiting for me  (if I luck out with a close space) I go out of my way to be a d!ckhead and take double the time I normally would.  I've had people speed away swearing at me which I return with a gentle wave and smile.  

As for waiting for a space to open personally, no thanks.  When I see someone doing that it become my mission to get into the store before them.

I have a little story about this sort of thng.

About a year or two ago, I took a space on a woman who was too old to be driving to begin with.  I was totally in the right..I was ahead of her and the space was practically in front of me. She got there too late and that was all she needed.

That old lady beeped and yelled, and waited for me to get out of the car. She went on and on and called my wife and I all kind of names, THEN something I never expected.

She slowly followed my wife and I with her car, keeping pace alongside of us as we walked into the store. She let out a torrent of curses and suppositions that would have made a sailor blush.  At that point I informed her that she was stalking us, and she said "you're damn right."

And, on top of it, she warned us that the next time we disrespected her, that quote, "my mother was going to need a black dress."   She then called me a CS and sped off at all of 15 MPH.   

I was truly scared..something I might expect from a kid under 25 who thinks he owns the road, but not an old woman. Some old people are crazy enough to walk the walk...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.