Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
714949 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 636849 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #870 on: January 30, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »

I'd have taken down the old bag's licence number and called the cops. Threatening somebody is against the law around here. They probably wouldn't charge her with anything, but for something that outrageous, she might at least get a visit and a warning. At that age, they'd probably also take a look at whether she should still be driving. Come to think of it, if she was that old, and really felt she needed to park close to the door, why didn't she have a handicapped sticker? They're not that hard for a senior to get. Of course, it doesn't sound like that's why she wanted the space. Sounds like she just thought she was better than you.

People get some weird ideas about who is entitled to a parking space. As far as I'm concerned, if somebody else is closer to the space than I am, they can have it. If I'm sitting there with my signal on as somebody backs out (which I never do), and somebody slips in while I'm still not able to move, that's rude. If somebody cuts me off or otherwise forces me to brake while grabbing the space, that's rude. If somebody happens to get there first, that's fair, and there's no need to get angry or waste time yelling at him and ruining everyone's day, including mine.

But as I said, it never happens to me, because I like to park farther out in the lot, away from all that nonsense. And driving an extended minivan, most of the tight spaces that open up close to the store are a pain to get in and out of. If I had something narrower, with a shorter wheelbase, that would be one thing, but I find most parking lots far too cramped for easy maneuvering. The Home Depot is slightly better, probably because more of their customers arrive in trucks and vans, and they build with that in mind.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #871 on: January 30, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »

Something that grinds my gears is vending machines that get your chips stuck.  And your company you work for will get p*ssed if you bang on the machine.  Gimme my damn chips!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #872 on: January 30, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

I hate driving on Sunday.  People doing 35 in a 45 zone, 55 in a 65 zone.  Bunch of putzes.

And I am so sick of commercials.  That Allstate guy who wants me to ask my neighbors about their insurance.  Those iPad commercials that show it doing all kinds of crap.  That car commercial where they're driving down a street while huge slabs of steel pop up in front of them.  And Verizon and AT&T having their little war with each other every 15 minutes.   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #873 on: January 30, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »

Flavoured coffee. Not that I have anything against it in particular. I don't mind a flavoured coffee once in a while, but coffee already has a flavour, and I like it. What bugs me is when people need their coffee to taste like something else, and assume that everyone else does too. What made me think of this was going to make a pot of coffee this morning, and finding assorted little bags of gourmet maple hazelnut toffee cinnamon hoo-ha and the like, when a large can of plain old coffee was what I wanted.

---------------------
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #874 on: January 30, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »

I hate driving on Sunday.  People doing 35 in a 45 zone, 55 in a 65 zone.  Bunch of putzes.

And I am so sick of commercials.  That Allstate guy who wants me to ask my neighbors about their insurance.  Those iPad commercials that show it doing all kinds of crap.  That car commercial where they're driving down a street while huge slabs of steel pop up in front of them.  And Verizon and AT&T having their little war with each other every 15 minutes.   Lookingup
psst, you mean State farm guy, otherwise, same here. Basically, I hate all car insurance commercials, the ACT restoring mouthwash, BK,Subway,McD's, etc..

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #875 on: January 30, 2011, 09:55:19 PM »

psst, you mean State farm guy, otherwise, same here. Basically, I hate all car insurance commercials, the ACT restoring mouthwash, BK,Subway,McD's, etc..
Which one has the smarmy white guy with black hair?  I hate that friggin guy with all my might.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #876 on: January 30, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »

I'd have taken down the old bag's licence number and called the cops. Threatening somebody is against the law around here. They probably wouldn't charge her with anything, but for something that outrageous, she might at least get a visit and a warning. At that age, they'd probably also take a look at whether she should still be driving. Come to think of it, if she was that old, and really felt she needed to park close to the door, why didn't she have a handicapped sticker? They're not that hard for a senior to get. Of course, it doesn't sound like that's why she wanted the space. Sounds like she just thought she was better than you.

You're right, AndyC. I had her license and I could ID her.  But what could they have done at her age?  It's not like she was younger and more susceptible to the law and it's enforcement...would they really fine and\or jail someone her age regardless of the severity of her crime(s)?

There too, I only wonder what would have happened if the situation were reversed, and it was me who did it to HER?  Knowing the law and it's preference for those with money and position, and the clear fact that it's one set of laws for privileged folk, and another for everyone else (like me) I think I have my answer.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #877 on: January 31, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »

You're right, AndyC. I had her license and I could ID her.  But what could they have done at her age?  It's not like she was younger and more susceptible to the law and it's enforcement...would they really fine and\or jail someone her age regardless of the severity of her crime(s)?

There too, I only wonder what would have happened if the situation were reversed, and it was me who did it to HER?  Knowing the law and it's preference for those with money and position, and the clear fact that it's one set of laws for privileged folk, and another for everyone else (like me) I think I have my answer.

I said before, there's no chance she'd be charged with anything, but a pretty good chance somebody would give her a warning, and possibly evaluate whether she should still have a licence. That's as good a deterrent as charging her, and any consequence to her actions, however small, is bound to p1ss her off royally, which is a nice thought. TeddyR

---------------------
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #878 on: January 31, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »

I hate when there is not more variety on tv. How are people gonna find out about classic shows when they don't show them, but I guess it's okay to show scrubs on 2 different channels.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #879 on: January 31, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »

Which one has the smarmy white guy with black hair?  I hate that friggin guy with all my might.
Statefarm

yeah no.
BTM

« Reply #880 on: January 31, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »

Speaking of parking spaces, it annoys the hell out of me when I come from home working the night shift and I can't find one in the back of my apartment complex.  There's usually a few empty handicapped spots, but I'm the decent sort so I don't park there, but I really, REALLY don't think I should have to use in the church parking lot across the street, especially since I'm paying FULL rent and many of the people in the other spots don't even live there.

Luckily, this only seems to happen every now and then (usually on a Sunday near a Holiday.)  But still...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:16:09 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #881 on: January 31, 2011, 01:39:32 PM »

Speaking of parking spaces, it annoys the hell out of me when I come from home working the night shift and I can't find one in the back of my apartment complex.  There's usually a few empty handicapped spots, but I'm the decent sort so I don't part there, but I really, REALLY don't think I should have to back in the church parking lot across the street, especially since I'm paying FULL rent and many of the people in the other spots don't even live there.

Luckily, this only seems to happen every now and then (usually on a Sunday near a Holiday.)  But still...

No assigned parking at your complex? Yikes.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #882 on: January 31, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »

When they edit tv shows/movie on dvd. I can't think of a single reason they would have to cut a tv show/movie. I would rather have them not release it at all than to screw with it. I could see if they cut the music out because of the money, but that stills get under my skin. I want it to see it as it was originally shown.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #883 on: January 31, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »

Going back to parking spaces, It annoys the hell out of me when someone is circling around the FIRST level of the parking lot when there's more God forbid parking on the UPPER levels! PEOPLE are so LAZY! Hatred it evens irrate me that one person has to drive a big ass vehicle and has to park close, when old people in med-sized sedans have to park FAR AWAY and WALK towards the store to shop. f**k The lazy ass people, give 'em a $500.00 fine for being so GODDAMN LAZY! Hatred

yeah no.
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #884 on: February 01, 2011, 03:21:39 AM »

I hate it when i am sweeping the parking lot at work, and people see me doing this, and STILL throw stuff on the ground. That pales however, to my feelings on people who pour entire bags of pistacio or sunflower seed shells on the ground.

Lima beans are the Devil
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.