Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:24:42 PM
714965 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 636993 times)
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #885 on: February 01, 2011, 03:26:10 AM »

It wouldnt be so bad if my store had a decent broom, but the one we have i am pretty sure was made before i was born.

Lima beans are the Devil
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #886 on: February 01, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »

The "meat is murder" folks.  After that porterhouse I had tonight there is no one that can convince me cows aren't meant for eating. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #887 on: February 01, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »

The "meat is murder" folks.  After that porterhouse I had tonight there is no one that can convince me cows aren't meant for eating. 

If god didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Ah, the good old days.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #888 on: February 01, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »

I just hate it when the Booger Dwarves do their mucus mining in my nose at night . . . that's MY snot, dangit!!!!!!!!!!! hot

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #889 on: February 01, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »

If god didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

You know, I might add in here that people are also made out of meat.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #890 on: February 01, 2011, 10:41:34 PM »

But MEAT IS MURDER!!!!!!!! Twirling Wink
If I wanted to become a VEGETARIAN, I would.  those people just needs to get a life. TongueOut

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #891 on: February 01, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »

Know what else I hate. That ass**** next to you at the stop light who likes to play his music full blast.
It's even worse when You know the song, since its played WAY TOO MUCH.

yeah no.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #892 on: February 01, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »

People that walk down the sidewalk talking on a cell phone paying NO attention to where they are going.

The other day, I saw a group of girls, probably about college age, walking down the sidewalk toward me.  Several of them were on the phone (presumably not talking to each other).  

Never mind the big old box I was carrying along with the bag of stuff I had, the group of 'em took up the whole sidewalk and because of the phone yacking, they did not notice that there might just have been another human on the planet wanting to use that same sidewalk.

Hatred

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #893 on: February 01, 2011, 11:00:52 PM »

People that walk down the sidewalk talking on a cell phone paying NO attention to where they are going.

The other day, I saw a group of girls, probably about college age, walking down the sidewalk toward me.  Several of them were on the phone (presumably not talking to each other).  

Never mind the big old box I was carrying along with the bag of stuff I had, the group of 'em took up the whole sidewalk and because of the phone yacking, they did not notice that there might just have been another human on the planet wanting to use that same sidewalk.

Hatred
just be thankful they're using the SIDEWALK. You won't believe how many times my mum had to STOMP on the brakes because of ignorant people walking in the street because walking on the sidewalk is WAY TOO EASY!

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #894 on: February 01, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »

Someday someone will flip their lid at these ignorant cell phone morons and a cell phone serial killer will be born (and they won't even notice him coming)...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #895 on: February 02, 2011, 06:47:06 AM »

Know what else I hate. That ass**** next to you at the stop light who likes to play his music full blast.

What I hate is when they have it loud enough for everyone to hear their crappy generic gangsta rap or whatever (which is bad enough), but all I can hear is a lot of dull, muffled bass. Years ago, I once offered to take up a collection to buy one of those guys a tweeter. Of course, he told me the whole point was to have driving bass you can feel. I explained that there's more to it than installing a bunch of subwoofers and amps, and cranking up the bass. The point is having a full, crisp, accurately-reproduced sound, including a bass you can feel, with everything in proportion. These idiots don't even realize that even a bass drum beat has tones in the upper ranges. I suppose what p**ses me off the most is not the loud stereo or the crappy music, as much as it is somebody spending an assload of money on a piece of equipment they know nothing about (aside from some brand names and wattages they don't understand) and can't use properly, then advertising themselves to the world as Mr. Big Stereo Man by driving around playing it loud enough to draw attention.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:56:12 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #896 on: February 02, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »

What I hate is when they have it loud enough for everyone to hear their crappy generic gangsta rap or whatever (which is bad enough), but all I can hear is a lot of dull, muffled bass. Years ago, I once offered to take up a collection to buy one of those guys a tweeter. Of course, he told me the whole point was to have driving bass you can feel. I explained that there's more too it than installing a bunch of subwoofers and amps. The point is having a full, crisp, accurately-reproduced sound, including a bass you can feel, with everything in proportion. These idiots don't even realize that even a bass drum beat has tones in the upper ranges. I suppose what p**ses me off the most is not the loud stereo or the crappy music, as much as it is somebody spending an assload of money on a piece of equipment they know nothing about (aside from some brand names and wattages they don't understand) and can't use properly, then advertising themselves to the world as Mr. Big Stereo Man by driving around playing it loud enough to draw attention.

And then you get the ones that didn't even spend the money and STILL drive around like Mr. Big Stereo Man....stock (undersized) speakers, underpowered amps produce nothing but clipped, distorted buzzing.  Somewhere under all that white noise you can barely make out a beat and/or something of a tune.

Not limited to cars, either...used to have some neighbors that did this all the time with the home stereo. You could hear it on the street, so I guess he was cool in his mind, but all you really heard was "bzzzzth, thmmmp bzzzzzzzz."

Not pretty, and if you have even an iota of audiophile in you, it is really irksome.  Someone needs to give these guys a lesson on "continuous power" and "peak power" ratings for speakers and amps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #897 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:43 AM »

What I hate is when they have it loud enough for everyone to hear their crappy generic gangsta rap or whatever (which is bad enough), but all I can hear is a lot of dull, muffled bass. Years ago, I once offered to take up a collection to buy one of those guys a tweeter. Of course, he told me the whole point was to have driving bass you can feel. I explained that there's more too it than installing a bunch of subwoofers and amps. The point is having a full, crisp, accurately-reproduced sound, including a bass you can feel, with everything in proportion. These idiots don't even realize that even a bass drum beat has tones in the upper ranges. I suppose what p**ses me off the most is not the loud stereo or the crappy music, as much as it is somebody spending an assload of money on a piece of equipment they know nothing about (aside from some brand names and wattages they don't understand) and can't use properly, then advertising themselves to the world as Mr. Big Stereo Man by driving around playing it loud enough to draw attention.

And then you get the ones that didn't even spend the money and STILL drive around like Mr. Big Stereo Man....stock (undersized) speakers, underpowered amps produce nothing but clipped, distorted buzzing.  Somewhere under all that white noise you can barely make out a beat and/or something of a tune.

Not limited to cars, either...used to have some neighbors that did this all the time with the home stereo. You could hear it on the street, so I guess he was cool in his mind, but all you really heard was "bzzzzth, thmmmp bzzzzzzzz."

Not pretty, and if you have even an iota of audiophile in you, it is really irksome.  Someone needs to give these guys a lesson on "continuous power" and "peak power" ratings for speakers and amps.

I don't know about any of that. I just think that blaring music doesn't say you're cool. Spending thousands of dollars on a radio system, not cool. Spending thousands of dollars on a really nice car IS COOL. Showing off that you have really loud music just says you're some *****bag who listens to the most generic crap on the market. You don't see my driving down the street in my Prius blaring classical music, Latin chanting, non-vocal heavy metal, an assortment of songs from video game soundtracks, and video game music remixes that I downloaded off of Newgrounds.....

........God damn it, I'm a nerd......
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:58:44 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #898 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »

I used to have a great stereo in my car, and I didn't spend much money at all. Went to a local surplus store and picked up a nice radio/tape deck (it was a while ago), an EQ/booster with a spectrum display (I admit that was for looks), and some nice three-way car speakers that fit the mounts in the car's rear deck and doors. Probably less than $200 total. I installed it myself (hardly rocket science) and very carefully tuned the EQ with some songs that highlighted a wide range of tones. It was powerful enough that I could feel the bass if I turned it up, and the overall quality of the sound didn't suffer at high volume. I wasn't the sort who drove around blasting the tunes, but I liked to crank it up now and then. It worked really well supplying music for outdoor parties.

What made that stereo work was that I knew what I was doing. I was building sound systems out of junk since I was a kid. I had a stereo in high school that shook the walls, and the only part I actually paid for was the Walkman it was connected to.

I never had much respect for people who just go out and pay somebody else too much money to install too much overpriced gear in their car, fiddle with the controls until it sounds like muffled crap, then go around showing off and bragging about it, and regurgitating BS the salesman told them as if they actually knew what they were talking about.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #899 on: February 02, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »

I've been known to crank up the tunes from time to time, but I don't advertise my music to the rest of the world. Ideologically, I guess that's my beef. I love certain types of music and certain artists, but does that mean that others do? So why should I subject others to music they may hate? There's a common decency factor that enters into it for me. Then again, while I like to crank my favorite music from time to time, I also enjoy peace and quiet, so I guess that enters into it as well. Lots of people have to have noises produced by televisions and stereos blaring at all times.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.