Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:11:17 PM
714958 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 636875 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #975 on: February 11, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »

You know what grinds my gears? When somebody becomes so lazy and fat that they become "disabled". Then they always b***h and moan about how they "have a bad back". No crap you got a bad back...you're 5'7" and 320lbs you slob!
Theres actually a Facebook page entitled, "You're not disabled you're fat, get out of the wheelchair."

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

Yeah, and we get told we are insensitive if we talk about it. It's not black and white, I get that, but when I see people who are obviously obese riding around on motorized carts my blood boils just a little bit.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #976 on: February 11, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »

At the SyFy Channel website, they expect you to watch an advertisement for something before you get to see the trailer for one of their movies.  I mean, good grief.  SyFy is a business, and their product is their movies.  It couldn't be any more obvious that the trailer itself IS an advertisement   Lookingup  So watch an ad before you get to see another ad.  And it's on their own damned site - which you would think they could finance with their television network profits.

And they've got videos - with sound - on all their pages.  You can't even browse the site without being bombarded with commercials for their crap - every one of which you have to pause if you want it to be quiet.  Which means you'll have to wait several seconds for it to load and start playing, then you can stop it, and finally THEN you can actually look at the page you wanted to see in the first place.   Of course you can turn your speakers off, and then back on later.  that gets another one of these form me >   Lookingup
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:20:27 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #977 on: February 11, 2011, 08:24:14 PM »

You know what grinds my gears? When somebody becomes so lazy and fat that they become "disabled". Then they always b***h and moan about how they "have a bad back". No crap you got a bad back...you're 5'7" and 320lbs you slob!
Theres actually a Facebook page entitled, "You're not disabled you're fat, get out of the wheelchair."

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

Yeah, and we get told we are insensitive if we talk about it. It's not black and white, I get that, but when I see people who are obviously obese riding around on motorized carts my blood boils just a little bit.
These people probably have handicap parking stickers too. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #978 on: February 15, 2011, 04:02:26 AM »

Am I the only one who finds HD/Blu-Ray to be nothing special? I'm not paying hundreds of extra dollars just so I can see the pores on someone's face a little more clearly. Plus, I honestly don't see that much of a difference anyway. Plus, none of the films and cartoons I collect are really Blu-Ray material (the most recently-made film in my DVD collection is Gremlins 2).

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Jim H

« Reply #979 on: February 15, 2011, 04:07:33 AM »

Am I the only one who finds HD/Blu-Ray to be nothing special? I'm not paying hundreds of extra dollars just so I can see the pores on someone's face a little more clearly. Plus, I honestly don't see that much of a difference anyway. Plus, none of the films and cartoons I collect are really Blu-Ray material (the most recently-made film in my DVD collection is Gremlins 2).

Personally, there's other things I like better about Blu-Ray than just the video..  It also has much better options for audio/video stuff, there's no skip for layer change (not a huge deal, but it's still an improvement), they can fit more video per disc, most Blu-Rays allow you to get into the movie faster than the DVD, and so on. 

But as far as excellent quality DVDs vs excellent quality Blu-Rays, yeah, it's not a huge deal for me.  Personally, there are very few films I'm going to bother to upgrade once I get my own player (one in the household now, but it isn't my own, so I don't own any actual discs).
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #980 on: February 15, 2011, 07:11:38 AM »

I hate how much CRAP is on Netflix insta-stream.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #981 on: February 15, 2011, 07:33:22 AM »

I agree with Kasey: BluRay players and discs are horribly expensive in South Africa, add to that the cost of a big screen TV and audio system and you'll have to sell your mother in law into slavery to afford that set-up. I have a multiregion DVD player, a good VHS and a biggish flatscreen TV with good sound: that's all I need.*

* I need some clean undies too but that's beside the point.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #982 on: February 15, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »

Blu-Rays are said to have a much longer shelf life than DVDs and the newer ones also are supposed to be able to withstand a bit more abuse than DVDs can. I also like that they seem to come in a slightly smaller, more compact package.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #983 on: February 15, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »

I agree with Kasey: BluRay players and discs are horribly expensive in South Africa, add to that the cost of a big screen TV and audio system and you'll have to sell your mother in law into slavery to afford that set-up. I have a multiregion DVD player, a good VHS and a biggish flatscreen TV with good sound: that's all I need.*

* I need some clean undies too but that's beside the point.  Buggedout Buggedout

Hear hear! I was in a department store recently and they were playing Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl on their HDs on a BlueRay player. The scene was the one where Keira Knightly first sees pirates of the Black Pearl in their moonlight form. Not only was I able see every imperfection in Keira Knightly's face that she's had since birth, the CGI elements looked every less realistic than they did without HD. They somehow looked every MORE CGI, if that makes sense.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #984 on: February 15, 2011, 01:44:30 PM »

Yeah, part of the issue is you're seeing them in great quality on a much smaller screen than the theatre.  That's why it looks fine on the big screen - much more spread out, so you can't concentrate on it as much.  Not to mention if you saw it projected on film, the slight vibration from projected film does an excellent job of making CGI look better.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #985 on: February 15, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »

When I show someone one of my cartoons.
"Oh that's nice" (cue going back to whatever they were doing. Same to whenever I show someone one of my written stories).
I know I'm not a great cartoonist, but I'd prefer criticism to nothing at all! -grumbles-

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #986 on: February 15, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »

People who frig up parking their car past all notable sense.  I work at a hospital where the parking can be limited so when someone eats up two parking spaces for a sh!tty parking job I feel their car should be nuked.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #987 on: February 15, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »

The movie Election-http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,133127.msg390125.html#new

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #988 on: February 15, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »

People who frig up parking their car past all notable sense.  I work at a hospital where the parking can be limited so when someone eats up two parking spaces for a sh!tty parking job I feel their car should be nuked.

Get it straight and roughly halfway between the lines. Not all that complicated.

I hate it when I parallel park on the street, leaving a reasonable space between my car and the one in front, then some doofus parks behind me and pulls right up to my back bumper. I return to find that instead of backing up a couple of feet and pulling out, I have to wiggle the car out of the space while trying not to disrupt traffic.

It's not even a rare occurrence. It happens more often than not, which is another reason I avoid parallel parking unless there is no other choice. And even then, I'll try to get a space next to a driveway, so I'm guaranteed some room to move. Problem is, I'm not one of those people who crowd driveways and make it impossible to back out safely. I leave a little space, which some idiot crams a car into, crowding both my car and the driveway. Hatred

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #989 on: February 16, 2011, 12:58:43 AM »

Those Scary Maze Prank videos on youtube. What kind of idiot parent films their own child being scared half to death, screaming and crying?
I don't see the humor in that. Another thing that grinds my gears is that I know enough people who gloat and laugh their asses off watching those videos.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.