Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:23:27 AM
714939 Posts in 53114 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 636839 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1470 on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:21 PM »

People just dropping by my house unexpectedly. I know a few people who do this. They always come right when I'm in the middle of something either watching a movie, working (I work from my room), or working on any of my wiritng projects.

This happened again today. Literally a second after I woke up a friend of mine dropped by without warning ringing the doorbell. I had some things I needed to get done today. A simple drive turned into 6 hours in a car that has no air conditioning and I basically wasted my day most of my day.

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

I just wanted a cup of sugar. Twirling

But seriously, the car troubles seem to evolved into Carmageddon, and i can tell you at least your not in Dallas where it is HOTTER than Phoenix...There's a problem here! Buggedout

my friends car has no a/c and additionally my back is extremely stiff and sore from sitting in a car all that time.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1471 on: August 08, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »

It really grinds my gears when people write "tix" instead of "tickets".
Come on!  It's only 4 more letters! 

I've got 4 letters for them:  L A Z Y.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1472 on: August 08, 2011, 03:15:12 PM »

It really grinds my gears when people write "tix" instead of "tickets".
Come on!  It's only 4 more letters! 

I've got 4 letters for them:  L A Z Y.

Same thing happens with "pictures." Pics. Pix. Sign of the times. Anything that can be abbreviated or turned into an acronym is.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1473 on: August 11, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »

Dumb bicyclists.  #1 they do not belong on a sidewalk, #2 they do not belong on a sidewalk peddling towards oncoming traffic, #3 speeding up near a busy parking lot entrance is not a good idea.

With that said, if on the road they should get their @sses as near to the curb as possible so cars may pass by easily. Also, they should stop at stop lights/signs.  Plus the occasional hand signal helps a lot.

I'd hate to hear if they folks actually have licenses. It would scare me if they got behind the wheel of a car.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1474 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:17 PM »

I hate it when bicyclists are riding on the road and there's a perfectly good freakin' bike path right next to it.  Or you've got a nice wide paved shoulder, and where are the bicyclists?  In the lane of traffic of course. 

Hey, if they don't mind me missing them by 10" at 50 mph when they're doing 20...   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1475 on: August 11, 2011, 12:48:47 PM »

Politics, religion, money and small minded people who hunger for sensationalism.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1476 on: August 11, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »

When I'm watching a movie or a TV show with somebody who continuously asks questions that the movie will answer if they'd just shut up and watch.

"Who's he?"

The character has just appeared for the first time, and I don't think we're going to get through the movie without finding out who he is.

"What's he going to do?"

Whatever it is, he'll do it. Just watch and see. What is wrong with letting the story unfold as it's supposed to? And why am I the bad guy because I refuse to answer?

That's assuming it's a movie I've seen and they just want me to spoil it for them. Growing up, my mom used to do that even when nobody in the room had seen it. How am I supposed to know who he is, when I've never seen him before either?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1477 on: August 11, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »

When I'm watching a movie or a TV show with somebody who continuously asks questions that the movie will answer if they'd just shut up and watch.

"Who's he?"

The character has just appeared for the first time, and I don't think we're going to get through the movie without finding out who he is.

"What's he going to do?"

Whatever it is, he'll do it. Just watch and see. What is wrong with letting the story unfold as it's supposed to? And why am I the bad guy because I refuse to answer?

That's assuming it's a movie I've seen and they just want me to spoil it for them. Growing up, my mom used to do that even when nobody in the room had seen it. How am I supposed to know who he is, when I've never seen him before either?

A similar one that gets on my nerves is people who see something and then have to comment on it and go into some story, and then they miss 5 minutes of the movie and have to go back because they're suddenly lost.

Example: You're watching a movie with Clint Eastwood in it, suddenly this jerk needs to talk about a certain thing Clint just said and tie it in to another movie they saw with him in it and how he did something similar and what a badass he is, and yadda yadda yadda. Finally they shut up and resume watching the movie and 30 seconds later they say "I'm lost, what just happened?" Okay, blabbermouth, let's roll it back so you can see what you missed during your pointless commentary that could have waited until after the movie. While we're at it, let's just stop the whole world that clearly revolves around you in the first place.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1478 on: August 12, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »

Just about every damned day I get e-mails that somebody has posted a message to my account on Alumni Junction.  Are these old friends I've forgotten about?  Well, I go over to the site to read them, but I just get a screen telling me that if I pay $25 for a one year membership, I'll be able to read my messages.

Bite me!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1479 on: August 12, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »

I would love to subscribe to Top Gear Magazine, but it cost £99 PER Year

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1480 on: August 12, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »

Politics, religion, money and small minded people who hunger for sensationalism.

WHEW!!!  Good thing I don't have any money!!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1481 on: August 12, 2011, 05:50:50 PM »

Bullies. People who feel so low about themselves the only way to make themselves feel bigger or better is to pick on others usually targeting those who are shy, quiet and reserved or a little bit different, individual and unique.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1482 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »

People fighting for up to 3-4 pages on one subject or disagreement on forums. Although many times quite funny, its really annoying when the topic has well over 30 pages and you have to shift through bulls**t to find insightful comments or useful info that you missed.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1483 on: August 15, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »

People fighting for up to 3-4 pages on one subject or disagreement on forums. Although many times quite funny, its really annoying when the topic has well over 30 pages and you have to shift through bulls**t to find insightful comments or useful info that you missed.

All the worse when those pages are filled with nothing but variations on the same points, going back and forth, back and forth, between people who have made those points many times before, and should know they'll never convince each other of anything.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1484 on: August 18, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »

People who feel a need to trudge through an area where you're obviously working.  And its even BETTER when there are alternate routes available to said person to where they are heading.  Plus its even BETTER when they knock something over and you have to catch it.  Plus its even BETTER when its a heavy item that you catch with an arm you have a brace on then they don't offer to help. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.