Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:09:10 AM
714919 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 636598 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1485 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:31 AM »

Dumb bicyclists.  #1 they do not belong on a sidewalk, #2 they do not belong on a sidewalk peddling towards oncoming traffic, #3 speeding up near a busy parking lot entrance is not a good idea.

With that said, if on the road they should get their @sses as near to the curb as possible so cars may pass by easily. Also, they should stop at stop lights/signs.  Plus the occasional hand signal helps a lot.

I'd hate to hear if they folks actually have licenses. It would scare me if they got behind the wheel of a car.
Actually it annoys the hell out of me that people can't ride bikes on the sidewalk anymore. You realize how many times I've almost hit a guy on a bike because he wasn't paying attention? And it just bugs me that little kids have to ride their bikes in the road or get yelled at by the cops.

Smells like popcorn and shame
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1486 on: August 19, 2011, 10:39:34 AM »

It really grinds my gears when people write "tix" instead of "tickets".
Come on!  It's only 4 more letters! 

I've got 4 letters for them:  L A Z Y.

Actually all the stupid abbreviations that texting and the internet have created so people who can't spell or are to lazy to type it out bugs me. The number 2 is not a word people stop texting me asking me if I would "Like 2 do somting". Yes I have gotten that text before and I ripped the person for sending it. You spent 12 years in school learning english so use it.
Oh and anyone who talks like they text. I met a girl a while back who said things like "OMG!" or "LOL!". God damn it was annoying talking to her.

Smells like popcorn and shame
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1487 on: August 19, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »

What kind of an idiot says "LOL" in conversation? Just LAUGH OUT LOUD.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1488 on: August 20, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

What kind of an idiot says "LOL" in conversation? Just LAUGH OUT LOUD.
What kind of Idiot puts that in a formal ESSAY? You won't believe how many people have done that at my school. Buggedout  Thumbdown

yeah no.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1489 on: August 31, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »

JEANS DAY’S!!!

This is something I will never understand. How can people be excited and motivated by the ability to wear a pair of jeans to work? From a corporate perspective, it’s genius. It doesn’t cost the company a dime to let their people wear jeans, and they eat it up.  I’ve  seen the jeans day applied to some pretty big  accomplishments where, instead of spending maybe a little money on something to really show appreciation for something that made the company a bunch of money, or some sort of compensation, nope, JEANS DAY.

I live in Arizona! I own pants for work and lots of shorts! I own ONE pair of jeans! I couldn’t care less about freaking JEANS DAY!

Again, it’s not the fault of the corporations. They will do whatever they can to help their bottom line, as they should. No, I fault the people, the ones who embrace jeans day as a great way for a company to show it’s appreciation for a job well done. Corporate America has realized this is a great motivating force, recognized it cost the company diddley squat, and responded.

No, I blame the sheep.   

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #1490 on: August 31, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »

Arguing with people who are so stupid that you can't even explain your point decently to them.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1491 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »

We live in a very small town, so the neighbors think that the street behind our house can be used as a parking lot.  I go to work this morning and some idiot has dumped a load of crushed rock right in the middle of it.  I come home for lunch and the crushed rock is gone, replaced with a pickup full of crushed rock.  Right smack in the middle of the damned street - never occurred to him that if he got over to one side a little bit, people could still drive past.

I'll have to wait for an especially rainy and muddy day and drive way the hell over into that guy's lawn.  Oh, wouldn't make any difference.  I'm sure he's too stupid to notice.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1492 on: August 31, 2011, 08:36:18 PM »

Have I mentioned people who rock their car at stop lights?  Learn how to properly drive a stick A-Hole.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #1493 on: August 31, 2011, 08:39:53 PM »

What grinds my gears?

Has-been directors who have no one big enough to tell them "no," who re-release movies from my childhood after molesting said movies.

Or, otherwise put,

NOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooooo!    Hatred
Vik
« Reply #1494 on: September 01, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »

These  horror movies that are extremely silent with dialogue scenes, and then become unbearably loud whenever something happens. It hurts my ears and it's f***ing annoying  Hatred
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1495 on: September 01, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »

These  horror movies that are extremely silent with dialogue scenes, and then become unbearably loud whenever something happens. It hurts my ears and it's f***ing annoying  Hatred

Seems as though all movies are made that way these days. We can't watch a movie without constantly adjusting the volume between dialogue we can't hear and action that's way too loud.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1496 on: September 01, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »

Seems as though all movies are made that way these days. We can't watch a movie without constantly adjusting the volume between dialogue we can't hear and action that's way too loud.

I had a Yamaha receiver that compensated for that somewhat, I never understood why with all the technology it couldn't be compensated for 100%

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Vik
« Reply #1497 on: September 02, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »

My internet still being small band even though it's been a new month for two days now, and I haven't downloaded a thing.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1498 on: September 02, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »

I had a Yamaha receiver that compensated for that somewhat, I never understood why with all the technology it couldn't be compensated for 100%

Yeah, my Onkyo does that with its "late night" mode.  VERY handy feature.  I was watching Legion Of The Dead, a SyFy Original mummy movie, and I swear it damned near blew my rear surround speakers right off the wall - even though it was only turned up loud enough so the dialogue was at normal volume.  Nightmare on Elm Street is almost as bad.  Lots and lots of soft, almost whispered dialogue and then BLAMO some effing theme music just about collapses your eardrums.   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1499 on: September 04, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

People changing plans at the last second, especially while enacting said plans. Or not being told the full plan. I'm okay with changing some things provided that I have the means to go along with the change. Deciding to go to a cheaper restaurant instead of a fancy one?

One way to make me actually angry is to change plans at the last minute that in such a way that it messes with my ability to get home. I don't have a car nor do I have ready access to a car. So unless they can give me a ride home, I really do have to stick to the bus schedule to avoid having to pay for a taxi. If I'm visiting from out of town, I really need to know how I'm getting home so I can pack accordingly and not buy anything bulky should a shopping trip come up (if I'm taking the bus).
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.