Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 07:46:17 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 643744 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #765 on: December 11, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »

I get annoyed with people who laugh at or insult you just because you still enjoy the Star Wars franchise. The mockeries are all the same: Star Wars fans have no life, still live with their parents even though they're forty years old, can never get laid because apparently nobody likes Star Wars anymore and every fan is a loser, etc.

I still kinda like the movies (the original trilogy only), but even though I'm not exactly a huge fan anymore, these insults still drive me crazy. If only lowlifes like Star Wars, how come most well respected critics around the world still praise the saga and even named it as being one of the best film franchises in history? How do you explain that, haters?
I think there are a lot of closeted Star Wars fans out there that refuse to admit it so they hate on the people who openly like it.  I kind of rank myself in the midrange Star Wars fandom.  In other words, I know when to draw the line in ultimate dorkyness but enjoy the franchise and it's history.  Well minus the horsesh!t. 

Ditto. I do prefer the originals because I think they told their stories better, but even the prequels had their rare moments (I do appreciate space battles that flow nicely). I enjoy what the movies did well, but I certainly won't try to justify what they did poorly (eg- Anakin/Padme. That pairing didn't say "they're in love" to me, but rather "Anakin is a creepy stalker type and Padme, while repulsed by him, is probably too scared to dump him, especially considering what he did to the sand people").

I am a Star Wars fan through and through.  I still remember being asked about it all the time.  I'm just not a big fan of where George took it with the new Episodes.  I admit it is his creation and everything but I prefer the first four and the stories that created a much richer universe.  I can understand wanting to wrap everything up but the Episodes 1-3 seem much more like they're tacked on rather then any actual continuity flow.  Other then them, I still enjoy the series.  It is a place that we can forget in as a group, feeling that somewhere some high minded goals are being fought for and wrongs are being righted.  There are character flaws that make them human enough to appeal to many people.  Great series for us to go for a short visit from reality. 

Ah, the good old days.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #766 on: December 13, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

EVIL POST COUNT BEGONE

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #767 on: December 15, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »

I hate it when the neighbor upstairs free-styles really loud day and night-- you're almost thirty with two kids, your teenage dream is pretty much defunct.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #768 on: December 15, 2010, 07:40:19 PM »

Oh and they suck horribly at it, all they can rhyme with is the word "know".

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #769 on: December 15, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »

I went to the grocery store tonight and ended up having to explain to the cashier that 16oz and 1lb is the same.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #770 on: December 15, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »

Speaking of grocery stores: Why do people have to try to push their carts past an obstacle on the narrow side of it, when on the opposite side is three times as much space?

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #771 on: December 15, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »

Speaking of grocery stores: Why do people have to try to push their carts past an obstacle on the narrow side of it, when on the opposite side is three times as much space?
Yep, the usually end up knocking something over too and normally fail to pick it up.   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #772 on: December 17, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »

I hate the fact i havent won the damn Megamillons lottery yet

Lima beans are the Devil
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #773 on: December 18, 2010, 01:04:52 PM »

Yep, the usually end up knocking something over too and normally fail to pick it up.   

Then there are the people who happen to bump into each other and decide to have a conversation, while they and their carts are blocking about ten feet of groceries I need to get to. Trying to break into such a meeting and ask to get by is not always easy, nor is it always met with a polite response. Thankfully, most of them just aren't thinking, which is annoying, but they at least get apologetic when you talk to them.

People who stop suddenly or make sudden direction changes without paying attention to the shoppers around them are another one. I once had a lady stop her cart right in front of me to stare at something or other. This was not in an aisle, but in one of the larger end areas. The store had set up a free sample display in what was already a bit of a bottleneck, which left a space just over one cart wide in a part of the store that is supposed to handle the traffic between aisles, as well as the stuff in the rear. And although this narrowing was only a couple of feet long, it was right where this woman decided to stop. I was in no hurry, so I waited...and waited. She finally glanced over her shoulder, saw me (and the people behind me) and moved. After I walk by, I hear a sarcastic voice behind me say "you're excused." I just bit my lip and kept walking, but I wanted so much to walk back and ask her how I was the rude one for waiting quietly while she stood there like a f**king moron in what any thinking person could see was the worst possible place to stop a cart.

One of the most frequent annoying things I get when shopping, especially in department stores, is the people who are more disruptive trying to pass by me politely than if they had just walked right by. I'll be standing and looking at something. I'm already standing back a bit for a better view, and I take another step back to make room if I see somebody coming. But they always hesitate, then scoot by in kind of a half-duck that doesn't accomplish anything, and mutter "excuse me." WTF? I made room. Just walk by, and it will be far less of an intrusion. It's not even like these people stopped and asked to pass. They walked right by without waiting for my permission. Everything else is basically saying "no offense meant, but I'm walking past you." Jeez Louise, no offense was taken, aside from the distracting little "excuse me" dance. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. We're always apologizing for things we have every right to do.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita

« Reply #774 on: December 20, 2010, 12:58:27 AM »

People who stop suddenly or make sudden direction changes without paying attention to the shoppers around them are another one. I once had a lady stop her cart right in front of me to stare at something or other. This was not in an aisle, but in one of the larger end areas. The store had set up a free sample display in what was already a bit of a bottleneck, which left a space just over one cart wide in a part of the store that is supposed to handle the traffic between aisles, as well as the stuff in the rear. And although this narrowing was only a couple of feet long, it was right where this woman decided to stop. I was in no hurry, so I waited...and waited. She finally glanced over her shoulder, saw me (and the people behind me) and moved. After I walk by, I hear a sarcastic voice behind me say "you're excused." I just bit my lip and kept walking, but I wanted so much to walk back and ask her how I was the rude one for waiting quietly while she stood there like a f**king moron in what any thinking person could see was the worst possible place to stop a cart.

Something like this happened to me yesterday.  I was in a really narrow aisle that had one side blocked off.  There was barely room for two carts to fit through.  I went to the end, turned around and was making my way out quickly, just in case someone else wanted to go in, and a lady with a kid in the cart (the kid had to be at least 9 years old) turned down the aisle and stopped her cart diagonally so even if there WAS room for two carts I couldn't go through.  She just stood there looking at the shelf, there's no way she didn't notice me when she turned because we almost collided.  I waited for about 2 minutes before moving her cart myself and squeezing by.  There was a couple standing on the other end and they started laughing.. I don't know if they were laughing because they thought I was rude or she was rude, but I was so ticked off I just left the store.  I hate shopping so much.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #775 on: December 20, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »

I had to buy a new toilet seat over the weekend and was on my way to the check-out when this guy stopped me, saying "Why are you carrying the frame for your mother-in-law's picture around?" Huh-huh: very funny.*

* I don't think.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #776 on: December 20, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »

DVDs thats have that weird line thing that happens.
I've got hundreds of DVDs and it only happens on two. But still...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #777 on: December 20, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »

Wierd line thing?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #778 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »

Wierd line thing?

This is the perfect example:

Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #779 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »

I hate that my 81 year old father is too dadburn stubborn to admit that he needs to go to the doctor and get checked for alzheimers. In the car with him today, he told me the same thing 3 times in 5 minutes.

Lima beans are the Devil
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.