Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 07:48:52 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 643744 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #990 on: February 16, 2011, 01:06:58 AM »

People who frig up parking their car past all notable sense.  I work at a hospital where the parking can be limited so when someone eats up two parking spaces for a sh!tty parking job I feel their car should be nuked.

In two of Pretoria's more upmarket malls, the people with the most expensive cars feel that driving an expensive car entitles them to two parking slots.  Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #991 on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »

Those Scary Maze Prank videos on youtube. What kind of idiot parent films their own child being scared half to death, screaming and crying?
I don't see the humor in that. Another thing that grinds my gears is that I know enough people who gloat and laugh their asses off watching those videos.

In a similar vein:   The videos where parents trick their child (on Christmas or their birthday) into thinking their getting some great gift only to find out:

A. They'e gotten something crappy instead.

and

B. They're not getting the good gift at all.

There was one where a (maybe about 12 year old) boy was thrilled when he got an XBOX package, opened it and it was full of clothes. His parents burst into gales of laughter (so did the older sister, who was apparently in on the joke.) and told him they couldn't afford an XBOX. The kid looked like he was both p**sed and devastated (meanwhile the parents horrendous guffawing never stopped.) as the parents zoomed into his face. 

I don't get how parents could be thrilled at the humiliation of their child on Youtube.

I've heard people say stuff like "Maybe he was a nasty brat all year long." Even if that is true, does anybody honestly think that waiting until the end of the year and embarrassing your child on Youtube is an appropriate way of dealing with it?  Bluesad Hatred Question 

I feel like people who make these videos have a lot of growing up to do, themselves.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #992 on: February 16, 2011, 07:15:49 AM »

My computer is - as usual - downloading some damned update or installing some damned thing.  So it's running at about 1% normal speed.   Hatred

You would think that with all the money spent on creating these operating systems, and all these brilliant minds doing the programming, that somebody could make a program that tells you what programs are currently running - you know, in English that the 99.9% of us who aren't professional programmers could understand - and give us a way of turning the unwanted ones off.  But no.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #993 on: February 16, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »

Those Scary Maze Prank videos on youtube. What kind of idiot parent films their own child being scared half to death, screaming and crying?
I don't see the humor in that. Another thing that grinds my gears is that I know enough people who gloat and laugh their asses off watching those videos.

In a similar vein:   The videos where parents trick their child (on Christmas or their birthday) into thinking their getting some great gift only to find out:

and

There was one where a (maybe about 12 year old) boy was thrilled when he got an XBOX package, opened it and it was full of clothes. His parents burst into gales of laughter (so did the older sister, who was apparently in on the joke.) and told him they couldn't afford an XBOX. The kid looked like he was both p**sed and devastated (meanwhile the parents horrendous guffawing never stopped.) as the parents zoomed into his face. 

I don't get how parents could be thrilled at the humiliation of their child on Youtube.

I've heard people say stuff like "Maybe he was a nasty brat all year long." Even if that is true, does anybody honestly think that waiting until the end of the year and embarrassing your child on Youtube is an appropriate way of dealing with it?  Bluesad Hatred Question 

I feel like people who make these videos have a lot of growing up to do, themselves.

Really, really folks? Even if he/she was a hellish kid, they're still a kid. Where's the line between just joking and just being an a***ole?! Hatred if anything, they should slapped on the wrist for being such terrible parents. WHAT ARE YOU, 2?! Hatred Hatred Hatred And then they make up some bulls**tting excuse jut to try to get reason out- the reason is and will be "We're a***oles and will burn in HELL!" Hatred f**king c**ts..... Hatred

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #994 on: February 17, 2011, 01:23:21 AM »

and

Exactly.

On a similar note, there's this guy at another message board I frequent and he posted a thread about scaring his nine year old daughter for no reason. He updates regularly while sharing the whole process of his oh-so-funny plan involving Horror Action Figures.
I don't mind a good but within reasonable prank but this douche is totally f**king with his daughters mind. He admitted pulling similar "jokes" on her in the past.  Lookingup
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #995 on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »

Yeah. If another kid does something like that, it's called "bullying" and it gets taken seriously. For some reason, mental cruelty for a cheap laugh is OK for parents.

There's no way to sugarcoat it - some people are f**king stupid.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #996 on: February 17, 2011, 09:13:30 AM »

Stupid political bumper stickers.  The cars that have them rarely have just one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #997 on: February 17, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

Stupid political bumper stickers.  The cars that have them rarely have just one.

I tend to despise bumper stickers in general.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #998 on: February 17, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »

Good god yes.  Theres a guy in town that has no space uncovered with god*mn political stickers.  I could give a crap less what this insignificant idiot's views are to be honest.  Nor will they ever effect my views.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #999 on: February 17, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »

Cluttering up the car with tacky-looking stickers that fade and peel and mess up the paint. I don't get it. Nor do I get the need some people have to advertise their views in the form of meaningless slogans on their homes and cars.

Mind you, it can get much worse than bumper stickers.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1000 on: February 17, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »

Stupid political bumper stickers.  The cars that have them rarely have just one.

I hate the "...My child is an honor student" stickers more
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:33:11 PM by Nightowl » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1001 on: February 17, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »

I have two on mine . . .
one is now obsolete ("Fire Nancy Pelosi!")

The other says:

"PEACE.  LOVE.  ARTIFACTS."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1002 on: February 18, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »

I think a particular note needs to be made of the political bumperstickers that are horribly out of date.  You know, the ones telling you to vote for somebody in an election that happened several years ago or to impeach a person that's long out of office. 
Jim H

« Reply #1003 on: February 18, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »

I think a particular note needs to be made of the political bumperstickers that are horribly out of date.  You know, the ones telling you to vote for somebody in an election that happened several years ago or to impeach a person that's long out of office. 

I saw an elect Ross Perot one not too long ago on an ancient semi-truck.  It was old and dirty, and the ONLY bumper sticker on the truck.  It reached the point of being ironic and amusing because of that. 

But yeah, in general political bumper stickers are kind of dumb.  They don't convince anyone of anything, and a general statement of beliefs is a pretty bland reason to have giant letters on your car.  I kind of want to get a bumper sticker that makes fun of other bumper stickers and their messages, but I think that's also kind of dumb.  Good dumb?  I don't know.  The first one that springs to mind is probably offensive, "It's a choice, not a child."  To me, that's exactly as meaningful and useful of a statement in regards to abortion issues as the original bumper sticker.
Paquita

« Reply #1004 on: February 18, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »

I have two bumper stickers on my car.  One is about pooping and the other is about pirates.  If you don't like that, we can take this argument outside.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.