Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:07:55 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 643695 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1170 on: April 19, 2011, 12:08:35 PM »

The outsourcing of customer service hotlines to foreign countries.  I'd rather understand what the person I'm talking to over the phone has to say. 

On my old computer I downloaded the new version of Norton Antivirus (they quit supporting the version I had).  So it totally locks up my PC even though that's the version they recommended for it.  Call up customer service - in India - get a guy who knows 1/10th as much about computers as I do.  And I barely know anything.  Spent an entire hour having a five minute conversation with him - the other 55 minutes was spent listening to him page through his manuals.  He told me to add Norton back into the startup programs, which I had disabled because it locked up my computer whenever it started.  I told him this several times but he didn't seem able to comprehend that.

So I ended up spending about $150 to get it reformatted and Norton removed.  Norton emailed me a questionnaire about how satisfied I was with their customer service, but by the time I got my computer back from being repaired, the time limit to respond to it had expired.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1171 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »

I hate celebs that get all p!ssy when the paparazzi follows them.  How I friggin wish they would boycott these celebs thus giving them no coverage in the entertainment magazines.  That way they can f*cking go away forever.  For example...
Small | Large

Yeah there's people that argue "why don't they leave those poor celebs alone".  F*ck that sh!t...there is NO private life for celebrities.  I hate these pretentious b!tches.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1172 on: April 20, 2011, 10:31:40 PM »

One thing that really bothers me:

I'm trying to have a serious conversation about an actor, musician, etc. and one of the other people involved says, "Yeah, too bad he is/was gay.:

"Too bad he was gay?"  What the hell does that have to do with anything?  Freddy Mercury was a great musician.  Too bad he was gay.  Neil Patrick Harris is such a great actor.  Too bad he's gay.  It irritates me to no end, like being gay somehow demeans them as human beings or makes them less worthy to be considered great.  It has no place in the discussion and it's just random.  I've noticed this quite a bit on YouTube.

I see it all, just some trollers who have no life and waste their health on pizza, beer, and computers. either that, or kids today doesn't understand either the concept of homosexuality or, just like above, only trolls music they hate and post negative comments just to get noticed.

to calm you down, I prescribe some Arch Enemy
Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:46:38 PM by El Toro Loco » Logged

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1173 on: April 21, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »

I hate how some people can act like they're your good friend one day, and then think nothing at all of totally blowing you off the next.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1174 on: April 21, 2011, 07:50:24 AM »

I hate how some people can act like they're your good friend one day, and then think nothing at all of totally blowing you off the next.
I'm sorry Jack I meant to call but you're going to have to realize life does not revolve around you. 

DarkSider's Realm

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1175 on: April 21, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »

I'm sorry Jack I meant to call but you're going to have to realize life does not revolve around you. 

Yeah, you MEANT to call, sure   Hatred   BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1176 on: April 21, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »

My YK2080G Spiral Bevel Gear Grinder

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1177 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »

My neighbour downstairs is currently sunning herself outside and talking to every damn passer-by saying "oh, I'm so glad to be off, no 7/8 hours of hard work for me today" - She doesn't even have a job!  Hatred

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1178 on: April 22, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »

I hate celebs that get all p!ssy when the paparazzi follows them.  How I friggin wish they would boycott these celebs thus giving them no coverage in the entertainment magazines.  That way they can f*cking go away forever.  For example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVpQj65G_G4
Yeah there's people that argue "why don't they leave those poor celebs alone".  F*ck that sh!t...there is NO private life for celebrities.  I hate these pretentious b!tches.

Darksider, you know I like you, but sometimes people have to disagree.

Celebrities have every right to a reasonable expectation to privacy as any of us. As for the argument that they should have known what they were getting when they chose that career, that only goes so far. I think as more people come into celebrity into today's world, they have more of an expectation of what they're getting than older generations of celebrities. But following celebrities to their house? Harassing them at the hospital when a baby is born? You have to draw a line somewhere. Even if some of them do realize what they're getting into, it's one thing to say it and another entirely to experience it. We don't know what it's like to be hounded by cameras nearly every waking hour, and I don't care how much money they make, they still have a right to expect some privacy. This goes for ANY celebrity, whether I like them or not.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1179 on: April 22, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »

Flick give me the friggin' 20 million a year paycheck and I'll personally invite you in my house to take pictures.  IOW, I still have no remorse for them. Yes there is such a thing as private property and the respect of protected health information in a hospital setting. BUT, if somoene is out dining as our friend above Miley "my daddy had a mullet in the 90s" Cyrus, they shouldn't b!tch. 

DarkSider's Realm

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1180 on: April 22, 2011, 10:05:27 AM »

Flick give me the friggin' 20 million a year paycheck and I'll personally invite you in my house to take pictures.  IOW, I still have no remorse for them. Yes there is such a thing as private property and the respect of protected health information in a hospital setting. BUT, if somoene is out dining as our friend above Miley "my daddy had a mullet in the 90s" Cyrus, they shouldn't b!tch. 

I understand what you're saying, and you're perfectly entitled not to have any remorse. I'm not even really talking about remorse or lack of it. It's irrelevant. I'm talking about a reasonable expectation of privacy. If a celebrity is out and about in public, then yes, I suppose it's fair game, but it doesn't make it right or what they deserve. You may be perfectly fine with it, but that doesn't mean that all of them are. The paycheck does not matter one iota. And what about their children? Did they sign on and agree to have people snapping pictures of them? Now, attacking a paparazzi in a public setting where there is a reasonable expectation of public exposure, that's one thing, and in that case the paparazzi are doing their job and in that case the harassment hat changes heads. If, however, I somehow became a celebrity and was out with my wife and two boys just trying to go shopping or enjoy a day at the beach or whatever, I sure as hell would be p**sed at some paparazzi POS shoving a camera in my kids' faces, and yes, they may get punched. 

There is some gray area here, to be sure. Celebrities have a certain expectation of being in the public eye when they take on such a career, true enough. However, they still have a right to a reasonable amount of privacy. They are not any less entitled to travel about unharassed as you or I. The money simply doesn't matter.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1181 on: April 22, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »

Flick, I see we’re just not going to agree 100% on this and its fine.   I respect your opinions of course as I do all others on this forum.   I also do agree that there is a lot of gray area in the realm of paparazzi.  Privacy I find is best held in the home for anyone especially celebs.  Which is why I agree the press doesn't need to be zooming in on someone's house whether they be celebs or not.

Celebs are put in this position of greatness by society. Almost a godlike status if you will which often makes no sense to me.  You and I go to work, get paid way less than they do and undoubtedly have a much higher level of importance (jobwise) than most celebs.  It’s the fans , aka the common working man, that put them there and the paparazzi (arguably also part of the working man group) that excels them into something even bigger.   Its no surprise they get a big head and think they control things.  However, without the press snapping these photos who would really care about them?

Lets face it, the tabloid rags are some of the most read publications in our society.  If not them people often read more "credible" entertainment mags like People and Entertainment Weekly.    Personally I couldn't care less about Katy Perry eating a sandwich in Manhattan but a good percent of the population does.  

As for kids, I agree its not exactly a thing they have chosen rather something they inherited from their parents.   However, can we really blame the press for wanting photos of them?  Once again, godlike status.  Then don’t even get me started on the parents who toss their kids into the limelight.  Kate Goselin I’m looking at you b!tch!   Here's a woman who flaunts her kids in front of TLC's cameras BUT blasts the paparazzi on her show.  The friggin' nerve, arrggggg!

Perhaps there is no line to draw in the sand as stated.  All I know is celebs business is selling themselves.  I don’t see why any of them should shun the people that take interest in them.   Especially the media.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:59:02 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1182 on: April 22, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

Darksider,

Again, I'm not taking exception with anything you've just said. Celebrities live by a totally different set of priorities and values than you or I. By that token I don't have any sympathy for them either. 

I know that the specific instance you brought up with Miley Cyrus was not the same as somebody prying into their home. I know that. But you seem to believe that the paparazzi are directly responsible for the fame of Miley Cyrus. That's simply not true. I personally couldn't care less for Miley, and I'm confident the vast majority of members on the forum are the same way, but I also know that her fame is due mainly to a very high level of marketing from her family position of money and influence. And you can't say that their wasn't a good deal of work involved, because there was, despite whether we like her work or despise it (count me among the latter).

So, while you may say "f**k 'em" to the celebrities if they don't like it, I will just as easily say "f**k 'em" to the public if they don't get to see every aspect of their beloved celebrities lives. I really don't care either way. When we hear about a celebrity losing their cool and punching out a paparazzi, you're only seeing what happens in the public eye in a venue where they may have been out of line doing so. However, I will almost assure you that this is a reaction based on hundreds of other instances where some dickhead crossed the line and went past the point of what is reasonable. Was the reaction on the part of the celebrity okay in that public setting? Probably not, but what we're seeing is just the tip of the iceberg.

I hope you won't get mad at me over it, but I'm going to suggest that perhaps you hold a good deal of resentment toward celebrities, perhaps because they make tons of money doing what you think is very little work and has very little value. Hey, when it comes to the lack of value part of it, you will find me in total agreement. But beyond that I just don't care. It's what the market will bear and that's beyond my control. But I don't resent them for it, and I don't believe that becoming a celebrity means that one either explicity or implicity agrees to having their entire lives on display for the supermarket checkout stand. What you or I think about their lifestyle or whether or not the lack of privacy is just recompense for life of luxury they gained from celebrity is immaterial.

Aside from that, I couldn't care less about the lives of celebrities or what their problems are. Their problems are not my problems, so I'm not going to compare my life to theirs. I'm just taking a position based on a certain set of values, nothing more.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1183 on: April 22, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1991915_1991909_1991766,00.html
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1991915_1991909_1991766,00.html
What the hell were these bastards thinking? Oh wait, twas money, damn greedy bastards. Hatred

yeah no.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1184 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:59 PM »

I hope you won't get mad at me over it, but I'm going to suggest that perhaps you hold a good deal of resentment toward celebrities, perhaps because they make tons of money doing what you think is very little work and has very little value.
Flick there's really nothing to get mad at, we're having a conversation. And you are right, I do harbor resentment towards celebs for making as much as they do.  Actors, musicians and athletes all get paid way too much and I've always been vocal about that.  I see people every day who should be paid more for what they do. 

I know that the specific instance you brought up with Miley Cyrus was not the same as somebody prying into their home. I know that. But you seem to believe that the paparazzi are directly responsible for the fame of Miley Cyrus. That's simply not true. I personally couldn't care less for Miley, and I'm confident the vast majority of members on the forum are the same way, but I also know that her fame is due mainly to a very high level of marketing from her family position of money and influence. And you can't say that their wasn't a good deal of work involved, because there was, despite whether we like her work or despise it (count me among the latter).

Agreed because her show and music is a different category than press coverage.  But lets face it, the media plays a huge part in promotion, probably 2x more than the actual show.  And oddly you have to admit society quickly becomes more fascinated with the performer themselves than their alteregos on screen.  For example, what is Miley Cyrus wearing, who is she dating, where was she today? Thats what I swear is fueling the popularity of Twitter.  If I said I was going to store for milk no one would care.  Miley however says it and people follow it with great excitement.

Hey I'm not going to say we don't need celebs and they shouldn't be paid a decent sum for their work.  However, staying on my original statement if you want to throw yourself out there be prepared for the crap that comes with it.  If someone doesn't like it, they should simply walk out of the spotlight.

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.