Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 07:43:02 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 643744 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1665 on: November 05, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »

Wow you guys are still talking about this?   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1666 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »

Those effing spray bottles - window cleaner, tub & tile cleaner, you name it - that don't work unless they're held almost perfectly vertical.  Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1667 on: November 21, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »

Adults who act like children when problems arrive in the workplace.  IOW, the ones that toddle out from their desks panicking if the power goes out and they can't get their computers restarted when the power goes back on.  Then they stand there with a helpless look in their eyes as if they're lost at sea with no source of food or water. 

DarkSider's Realm

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1668 on: November 26, 2011, 07:38:50 AM »

I’ve probably mentioned this before but I can’t stand the 40 plus party girls out there.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about being young at heart.  However, there comes a point in one’s life when its time to stop dancing on the bar and I’d say 40 is a good cut off.  Facebook has really driven me to this reading people’s status updates about “getting hammered” who should be home knitting sweaters probably. 

Secondly, when did it become “gay” for straight men to dance?    I’m hearing this more and more and it bothers me.
This not only bothers me on a personal level seeing I find nothing wrong with anyone dancing and secondly whats with everyone assuming people are "gay" for some stupid reason.  And whats the big deal if they were "gay"?

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1669 on: November 26, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »

I’ve probably mentioned this before but I can’t stand the 40 plus party girls out there.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about being young at heart.  However, there comes a point in one’s life when its time to stop dancing on the bar and I’d say 40 is a good cut off.  Facebook has really driven me to this reading people’s status updates about “getting hammered” who should be home knitting sweaters probably. 

That and "men" who are pushing 30 and still dressing and carrying on like teenagers. Especially if they've started playing house and bringing kids into it. Time to grow up.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1670 on: November 26, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »

However, there comes a point in one’s life when its time to stop dancing on the bar and I’d say 40 is a good cut off. 

I remember going to my grandma's funeral years ago, and afterwards ended up going out to a restaurant for lunch with a bunch of old ladies.  Oh man, the Bloody Mary's were flowing like prune juice.  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1671 on: November 26, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »

However, there comes a point in one’s life when its time to stop dancing on the bar and I’d say 40 is a good cut off. 

I remember going to my grandma's funeral years ago, and afterwards ended up going out to a restaurant for lunch with a bunch of old ladies.  Oh man, the Bloody Mary's were flowing like prune juice.  TeddyR
I mean don't get me wrong, its fine to go out and have a beer with buds but the whole "getting hammered" thing is silly at any age.  Especially if you're having a midlife crisis. 

Speaking of which, Jack got over his midlife crisis 30 years ago.   TeddyR Thumbup BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1672 on: November 27, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »

Speaking of which, Jack got over his midlife crisis 30 years ago.   TeddyR Thumbup BounceGiggle

I had an awesome comeback for that but I can't remember what it was now     BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1673 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »

Aside the obvious hatred I have towards Xmas, I hate when musical “artists” feel a need to write their own original holiday song.  1 out of 100 may be decent but for the most part they all suck even worse than the traditional ones you hear a million times a day. 

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1674 on: December 02, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

Aside the obvious hatred I have towards Xmas, I hate when musical “artists” feel a need to write their own original holiday song.  1 out of 100 may be decent but for the most part they all suck even worse than the traditional ones you hear a million times a day. 

There`s a very good reason why most of the Christmas music played around our house is 40+ years old.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1675 on: December 02, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »

Live in a rich neighborhood and call the police because someone is breaking into your place, then go do the same in a poor neighborhood and see if the results vary.

I don't know who said this and I don't care enough to wade back through the thread to find it (I lifted it from one of Flick's posts on page 111).

This grinds my gears.  This is utter crap, and cannot be substantiated, en masse, across the board for all police agencies.  Maybe there are isolated cases, but I remain skeptical.

I used to work in law enforcement, and I KNOW from real life experience that someone breaking into a house got the Code 3 hardcore guns drawn treatment no matter what neighborhood.  Been there, done it.

People spouting off nonsense as if it were fact REALLY grinds my gears.  And sorry guys, but I hear this from the Left far more than from the Right.  It almost seems as if, nowadays and especially on the Internet, you say something "with authority" people assume it is true and never even bother to ask for any vetting whatsoever.

It is one of the BIG reasons why I've increased my scarcity quotient on Internet boards...even those occupied by friends.  I've just gotten to the point I cannot spare the energy to fight BS on a daily basis.  (Also a big reason I no longer watch TV or listen to the radio, read newspapers or magazines).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1676 on: December 02, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »

Live in a rich neighborhood and call the police because someone is breaking into your place, then go do the same in a poor neighborhood and see if the results vary.

I don't know who said this and I don't care enough to wade back through the thread to find it (I lifted it from one of Flick's posts on page 111).

This grinds my gears.  This is utter crap, and cannot be substantiated, en masse, across the board for all police agencies.  Maybe there are isolated cases, but I remain skeptical.

I used to work in law enforcement, and I KNOW from real life experience that someone breaking into a house got the Code 3 hardcore guns drawn treatment no matter what neighborhood.  Been there, done it.

People spouting off nonsense as if it were fact REALLY grinds my gears.  And sorry guys, but I hear this from the Left far more than from the Right.  It almost seems as if, nowadays and especially on the Internet, you say something "with authority" people assume it is true and never even bother to ask for any vetting whatsoever.

It is one of the BIG reasons why I've increased my scarcity quotient on Internet boards...even those occupied by friends.  I've just gotten to the point I cannot spare the energy to fight BS on a daily basis.  (Also a big reason I no longer watch TV or listen to the radio, read newspapers or magazines).

It was ghouck that said it, and he and I were in the midst of a passionate debate at the time. I have no disrespect for ghouck (I hope he has none for me), and I am prone to questioning such claims, I just didn't in that case. For all I know, your experience is perfectly accurate and his claim is perfectly accurate in his experience, but yes, such claims should naturally be questioned, and you've made a solid point.

My main point at the time had been that I wasn't really questioning if there was a disparity between public services in poor neighborhoods and rich neighborhoods. I really didn't care. I was mainly saying that the rich pay the bulk of law enforcement salaries and paving of roads and such. I was saying that IF they were getting a little better response in those areas, I clearly wasn't seeing it as a big travesty seeing that they're paying for most of it. ghouck certainly disagreed with that and I don't really have any issue with him for it. I've always valued his input on this site and still do.

And yours as well.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1677 on: December 02, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »

I have no disrespect for ghouck

Nor do I.  My point was less about that particular comment (which I did notice was phrased more as an evocative rhetorical comment than an actual "authoritative" statement of fact) than I was just using it to springboard to my point...

Which was, of course, that I get tired of fighting the BS (when it DOES occur).

Hope that's clearer now, and sorry to step into a respectful debate and take a comment out of context.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1678 on: December 02, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »

I have no disrespect for ghouck

Nor do I.  My point was less about that particular comment (which I did notice was phrased more as an evocative rhetorical comment than an actual "authoritative" statement of fact) than I was just using it to springboard to my point...

Which was, of course, that I get tired of fighting the BS (when it DOES occur).

Hope that's clearer now, and sorry to step into a respectful debate and take a comment out of context.

Not at all. I just felt inclined to comment. I knew what you were getting at.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1679 on: December 06, 2011, 12:56:51 PM »

Trying to make some damned hot dogs.  So I open the package of buns.  The first one is cut so you've got 2" of bun on one side, and 1/16th of an inch on the other.  The second one just falls into two pieces.  The third one is a mashed up piece of crap.

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.