Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:37:36 PM
715337 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 644121 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1590 on: October 12, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »

A'ight!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Wink

Seeing as how Netflix doesn't have season 16 of Top Gear on.

yeah no.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1591 on: October 12, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »

Fox News had a really interesting scientific article that pointed to the actual existence of Cthulu thousands of years ago in the world's oceans, then they took it down!? I wanted to post it, damn it!

Okay, that's a big WTF!  Buggedout

Cthulu is a fictitious creation of H. P. Lovecraft. I'm definitely interested in seeing the article, however. I've tried to find it and can't. Are you making this up, Circus?

Wink

I read an article recently that claimed the Kraken might well have once existed....

Balls! I meant the Kraken.  Lookingup
Ehh... they both have tentacles and live in the sea.  Close enough. 

But seriously, I've read before that the Kraken was associated with a tentacled sea monster by the Norse people. And I think I read that the mythic legen may have arose out of collosal squid that did exist at one time. They seldom came to surface, but there are historical records that indicate it did happen occasionally and they even attacked ships. This would certainly be a fantastic thing to happen, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if such a thing got worked into mythology. Humans are known to embellish. It's part of the human condition. It's perfectly plausible that a few giant squid attacks of ships, which is terrifying enough by itself, would get embellished even further into a mythical creature even greater and more terrifying.

hat's my view.  Seems to me that if you believe in giant squid (which do for a fact exist) then you pretty much have to accept that there was a kraken.  (The size may have been exaggerated just a bit.) 

Apologies for thread derailment. Back to all the gear grinding!
Maybe we should start a new topic on this kind of thing. 
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1592 on: October 13, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »

People, partcularly women, who act much younger than they are.  If you're 40 something you shouldn't be on FB bragging about going out and getting drunk.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1593 on: October 14, 2011, 07:05:51 AM »

Netflix is screwed up.  I had to sign into their damned site about 8 times yesterday, and now today it won't even accept my email and password - even though it's the same automated thing I gave it yesterday.  Oh wait, after several attempts it finally let me in, so it could tell me "Search is currently unavailable. Please try searching again later."

Oh for chrissakes, and I'm one of the few people who didn't complain about their recent price increase.  They're trying to chase their customers away as fast as possible.  I mean, c'mon, this is your damned business.  You need to fix it so it freakin' works all the time

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1594 on: October 14, 2011, 07:21:36 AM »

^ Yep, same here. 

DarkSider's Realm

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1595 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »

People, partcularly women, who act much younger than they are.  If you're 40 something you shouldn't be on FB bragging about going out and getting drunk.

Oh.  Bluesad  Well at least I don't do the second part.  TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1596 on: October 14, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »

Netflix is screwed up.  I had to sign into their damned site about 8 times yesterday, and now today it won't even accept my email and password - even though it's the same automated thing I gave it yesterday.  Oh wait, after several attempts it finally let me in, so it could tell me "Search is currently unavailable. Please try searching again later."

Oh for chrissakes, and I'm one of the few people who didn't complain about their recent price increase.  They're trying to chase their customers away as fast as possible.  I mean, c'mon, this is your damned business.  You need to fix it so it freakin' works all the time

The way I look at it, this will dictate whether or not Blockbuster, who are trying to get their piece of the Netflix market, will fail or move forward. They have a golden opportunity here and they could really do well for themselves if they can strike while the iron is hot.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1597 on: October 15, 2011, 05:22:03 PM »

Y'know what REALLY grinds my gears? Morons at the RedBox machine who can see you're standing their patiently waiting for them to pick a film and get out of the way, yet they take for-freakin-EVER to make up their minds. I had just such an experience today with three teenyboppers.

Teenybopper #1: "Dude, you pick."
Teenybopper #2: "Dude, no, YOU pick."
Teenybopper #3: (Points at screen) "How'bout this one?"
Teenybopper #1: "I heard that sucked."
T#2: "How'bout something scary?"
T#3: "Nah, I hate scary movies."
T#1 (glances in my direction, notices me beginning to do a a slow burn) "Dude, let's hurry up, this poor guy is waiting."
T#1: "OK, OK, dude, you pick."
T#2: "Dude, no, YOU pick."
T#3: (Points at screen) "How'bout that one?"
T#1: "I saw it, it sucked."
T#2: "You suck."

and on, and on, and on....fortunately they finally made up their minds before I acted on my urge to scream at the top of my lungs "WILL YOU F**KING PICK SOMETHING ALREADY?"

Seriously, am I the only person who goes to RedBox with something in mind? That way I don't stand there for five minutes or more staring at the screen scratching my head like a monkey and hold up everybody else.

Or am I just a d**k?

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1598 on: October 18, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »

^ you ain't a dick, those guys are just dumb punks that can't agree on stuff. you should tell them to wise up and choose before hand or at least stop being 14 year olds.

I hate the new look of yahoo Mail, why can't we have the old version back? Bluesad

yeah no.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #1599 on: October 18, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »

You know what grinds my gears?

Lately whenever I buy a brand new DVD, it starts skipping as soon as I start playing it. When taking out the disc and looking very closely at it, I discover small hairs or tiny fingerprints all over the place.

WHAT...THE...HELL?!  Hatred Hatred

What's going on??? Don't DVD distribution companies TRY to take care of their products? 
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1600 on: October 18, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »

You know what grinds my gears?

Lately whenever I buy a brand new DVD, it starts skipping as soon as I start playing it. When taking out the disc and looking very closely at it, I discover small hairs or tiny fingerprints all over the place.

WHAT...THE...HELL?!  Hatred Hatred

What's going on??? Don't DVD distribution companies TRY to take care of their products? 

http://cinemassacre.com/category/ykwb/
Scroll down and watch the DVD episode, NSFW

yeah no.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1601 on: October 18, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »

People who automatically think just because I'm going out to pick up lunch for myself and a few nearby work neighbors that it is required I go around and ask EVERY single person in the office if they want something.  You have a car, you know where the restaraunt is, get out and get your own damn food for your circle of work neighbors you lazy bastards.  Hatred

DarkSider's Realm

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1602 on: October 18, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »

People who automatically think just because I'm going out to pick up lunch for myself and a few nearby work neighbors that it is required I go around and ask EVERY single person in the office if they want something.  You have a car, you know where the restaraunt is, get out and get your own damn food for your circle of work neighbors you lazy bastards.  Hatred

And then every freakin' time it's these people with their "Quarter pounder with cheese except without the cheese and no onions but with extra pickles and mustard.  And ask them for a container of barbecue sauce with it.  And if they don't want to give it to you then tell them that last time I was there the assistant manager said it was okay.  And a glass of water with no ice too."   Hatred Hatred Hatred

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1603 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »

And then every freakin' time it's these people with their "Quarter pounder with cheese except without the cheese and no onions but with extra pickles and mustard.  And ask them for a container of barbecue sauce with it.  And if they don't want to give it to you then tell them that last time I was there the assistant manager said it was okay.  And a glass of water with no ice too."   Hatred Hatred Hatred
Then...oh boy then...the people who b!tch about not being asked are the ones who always say "no" anyhow.  However its the "premise" that I should have asked them that counts even there is a 99% chance they'd say "no". 

DarkSider's Realm

Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1604 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »

Bronies.

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.