Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:18:24 AM
715005 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7753 Members
Latest Member: john
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone else excited for AVP2? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Anyone else excited for AVP2?  (Read 11699 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« on: December 24, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »

idk i really dig what ive been seeing i hope its as good as it looks.
VenominOhio
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »

as far as the trailers go,i`d love to see this movie,and really want to see the hybrid PredAlien.it looks pretty good.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 04:17:31 PM »

I'll see it no matter what I hear about it.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »

Looks fantastic to me.  Can't wait.  I'll see either it or Sweeny Todd this week sometime.  Sweeny will probably end up winning though.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »

I'm just glad they're going with an R rated AVP film this time, like they should have done in the first place. 
MST3KFan
Dedicated Viewer

Watches too many bad movies

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »

I got to see the first five minutes online and in that first five minutes we see right where AvP left off, a nice gory scene with the PredAlien, some alien facehuggers, and the intro to the badass Predator star of the movie while the Original Predator movie theme plays while it sets itself up with its weapons. XD

That five minutes alone sold me on this being infinitely better then the first movie.

"And a noble race dies out...sometimes. This LOSER race though will not be missed." -Crow T Robot, MST3K "Prince of Space"
SynapticBoomstick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »

I'm just glad they're going with an R rated AVP film this time, like they should have done in the first place. 

Yes BounceGiggle

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »

I will stay far away from this one unless a bunch of people tell me it's good.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 09:29:22 AM »

After Alien Ressurection and AVP my interest level is at about zero.  If I hear a lot of good things I'll probably pick it up when it eventually winds up in the discount bin.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
GrandMaster
Dedicated Viewer

"I was born a baby"

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 10:15:55 AM »

def not gonna go out of my way to see this one -_-
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 11:33:47 PM »

You bet. I loved every ALIEN and PREDATOR movie so far. Honestly I really did. Even if some of them are more guilty pleasures.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »

Saw it yesterday and can honestly tell you that if you've seen the red-band trailer you've seen all you ever need to of AVP-R. It's not even fun bad. In fact, for the most part it's flat-out boring. I came seriously close to walking out and believe me when I tell you that takes a considerable degree of badness. There's not much action until the climax and what action and gore there is gets obscured by so much darkness, rain, and (shot in) extreme close-ups that it kills the action scenes. The plot and characters are straight out of the worst Sci-Fi Channel original movie there's been. That's really all this movie is. Take away the recognition value of the Alien and Predator and reduce the budget to $3 million and all you'd be left with is an even worse than usual Sci-Fi Channel original movie - only this one you actually have to pay to watch. When it was over I felt like I'd just been scammed out of both my time and money.

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
SynapticBoomstick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 06:30:27 PM »

Saw it yesterday and can honestly tell you that if you've seen the red-band trailer you've seen all you ever need to of AVP-R. It's not even fun bad. In fact, for the most part it's flat-out boring. I came seriously close to walking out and believe me when I tell you that takes a considerable degree of badness. There's not much action until the climax and what action and gore there is gets obscured by so much darkness, rain, and (shot in) extreme close-ups that it kills the action scenes. The plot and characters are straight out of the worst Sci-Fi Channel original movie there's been. That's really all this movie is. Take away the recognition value of the Alien and Predator and reduce the budget to $3 million and all you'd be left with is an even worse than usual Sci-Fi Channel original movie - only this one you actually have to pay to watch. When it was over I felt like I'd just been scammed out of both my time and money.

To tell you the truth that doesn't sound any worse than the first one; I just went to that one to see the creatures, really BounceGiggle Until the climax, there wasn't much except for sporadic sequences and people getting lost in an alien Rubix Cube, some of the death scenes were close-ups or darkened (those worked much better in Alien, didn't they?) and aside from all of that there were the plot holes and nose-thumbing at logical conclusions that made the movie a brow-raiser. You know, like, "Why isn't she freezing solid in that tank top"  or "she can stick her arm into the bloody gore of the alien head without it melting off?" or "Xenomorphs can survive in the cold vacuum of space and can swim so once that Queen gets loose from that things she's stuck to, she'll just be really p**sed off and possibly wet."

What's drawing me to this one? Creatures and the "Predalien", I won't lie; i don't really care what happens to anyone else  TongueOut

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

Man, what a bummer.  You could make a drinking game out of all the scenes stolen from the other, better movies.  Got a nifty free calendar, though.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »

My son is beside himself about this movie and that's all he talks about.  Every time he sees the previews on telly, he runs to tell me about it.  *lol*

I want to see it as well, but I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.  I couldn't stand a whole cinema of screaming teenagers!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone else excited for AVP2? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.