Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:30:21 PM
715288 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Heavy Metal/Hard Rock in b movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Heavy Metal/Hard Rock in b movies  (Read 11916 times)
count_nefaria
New Visitor

« on: June 13, 2007, 05:27:45 AM »

I like a lot heavy metal and hard rock music. Movies like Trick or Treat (featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons from KISS), Hard Rock Zombies, Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, Death Metal Zombies (i can't find this one)  are very related to this music.
Which more do you know? I think there is a sequel to Rock 'n' Roll nightmare, and a film featuring WASP.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:49:59 AM »

I watched part of the new Rock N Roll Nightmare and even for a bad film it was bad.  It looks like it was shot with a camcorder. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57:31 AM »

Black Roses

there is a new rock n roll nightmare?
count_nefaria
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 06:18:33 AM »

Black Roses

there is a new rock n roll nightmare?

Intercessor: Another Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480075/

It is from 2005... so i guess it has lost his amazing 80s spirit
count_nefaria
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 06:27:53 AM »

Rocktober Blood (1984)

This horror movie begins with rock star Billy Eye (Tray Loren) losing his sanity and killing his colleagues at a recording studio. Billy is tried, found guilty and executed. The woman who testified against him at his murder trial is a successful singer with a group called Rocktober Blood. Two years have gone by, and just when she thinks the horror of the murder case is dead and buried, someone that looks a lot like Billy starts to terrorize her.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0176097/

mm i will try to get it
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »

The Wraith has a nice heavy metal soundtrack.  Some good Ozzy at the beginning.  Sleepaway Camp part 3 has a good '80s hard rock soundtrack, though I mostly just remember the closing theme as the credits rolled, not sure if there's a lot of music throughout.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:42:02 PM »

You can't do heavy metal horror right unless you include this always entertaining gem! heh heh

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 06:52:03 AM »

If you like metal...then Lamberto Bava's DEMONS is a good movie to see....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOuYdGeUdX4

The movie uses Twisted Sister,Billy Idol, and Saxon (the song in the video) and lots more! Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 07:07:58 AM »

No mention of "Wild Zero" yet?

I'd also like to mention "Maximum Overdrive" here.  I still love it that a Coca-Cola machine guns down kids by shooting cans at them.  I am going to work on a review for that movie one of these days.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »

No mention of "Wild Zero" yet?

I'd also like to mention "Maximum Overdrive" here.  I still love it that a Coca-Cola machine guns down kids by shooting cans at them.  I am going to work on a review for that movie one of these days.

Argh! How could I forget to mention Wild Zero!? [Snaggletooth] I've got the friggin' Bass Wolf memorial thing on my website even! [/Snaggletooth] Speaking of which, as DodgingGrunge was nice enough to remind me of a few weeks ago, any Guitar Wolf fans looking for more movies featuring the jet rock noise pollution trio should seek out JM McCarthy's The Sore Losers.

As for Maximum Overdrive, to quote Team America, "F*CK YEAH!". With an all AC/DC soundtrack and people being slaughtered by rampaging soda machines, steamrollers and a giant semi with the Green Goblin's face on the grill, how the eff can you not like this movie?!

"We made you! WE MADE YOOOOOU!" Cheers

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 09:15:44 AM »

Which more do you know? I think there is a sequel to Rock 'n' Roll nightmare, and a film featuring WASP.

First off, I'd like to say welcome Count. Is your name taken from the villain responsible for putting the Wasp in the hospital and blowing up the original Thunderbird on his first mission?

The WASP movie you mentioned is The Dungeonmaster. I've yet to see it myself, and have only heard tales. Apparently their appearance is a short one. Also, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park or Phantom of the Paradise yet! Must see movies for any bad movie lover. Lookingup heh heh

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »

If you're interested in animated fare, we of course can't forget the midnight movie classic Heavy Metal, based on the underground comic magazine of the same name and featuring the voice of John Candy! Harry Canyon needs a live-action movie... starring Bruce Campbell.  Thumbup

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 12:37:53 PM »

Right on Anubis! "The Dungeonmaster" IS the (only) film featuring WASP. (I reviewed the flick HERE a little ways back. Truthfully Anubis, you're not missing much.  Wink )

Hmmm.... other ROCKIN' b-movies....

There's "Six-String Samurai" with its awesome Russo-Rockabilly soundtrack (all the songs were performed by "The Red Elvises").

There's also "Shock 'Em Dead" about a rocker that sells his soul to the devil for fame and fortune.

"Monster Dog" features a young Alice Cooper, some weird werewolf hijinks, and two rockin' music videos featuring two previously unreleased songs, namely "Identity Crisis" and "See Me in the Mirror."

"Punk Rock Holocaust" is an indie film that was shot during the 2002 Vans Warped Tour. A supernatural, homicidal maniac goes on a rampage and starts hacking up various musical groups and fans alike. It starts out promising, but the massacring gets old halfway through.

You know, this discussion has me recalling a theme I nearly did for my website a few years back: A marathon of movies under a B-MOVIES THAT ROCK banner... maybe I'll go ahead with this idea later this year, hmm........

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »

Dang! ROCK and ROLL HIGH SCHOOL!!!!![

[youtube=425,350]
Small | Large

Clint Howard,Mary Wornov,Paul Bartel,PJ Soles,Vince Van Patton,and Dick Miller!!!!!
 It's a B-Movie super star show!!! And of course...the RAMONES!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
count_nefaria
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »

Wow, thanks for all these movies, I will try to check them as much as i can find.  Thumbup

Is your name taken from the villain responsible for putting the Wasp in the hospital and blowing up the original Thunderbird on his first mission?

yes, it is hehe.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Heavy Metal/Hard Rock in b movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.