Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:05:31 AM
715290 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 966
Author Topic: What have you been listening to?  (Read 2692330 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6555 on: January 13, 2011, 02:26:18 PM »

"Miles in the Sky [Bonus Tracks]" by Miles Davis

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6556 on: January 13, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »

THE ROLLING STONES Black And Blue

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6557 on: January 13, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

The Stones are-and always will be-one of my favorite bands of all time. They defined-more so than the Beatles-rebellion in rock and roll. SATISFACTION is my calling card.-the Stones-are thee first punk band....

Small | Large

When Tara died--it was Tears Go By.....

Smiling faces I can see-but not for me-

Ive had people tell me I should get over it...deal with it. To "grow up/ Be a man"
Huh. I love Tara. I will NEVER stop loving her. Does that make me a weak person? Maybe. I dont care. I willnever feel less . I cant-Im an obsessive person...maybe its just me. But I still love her.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:33:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #6558 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »

The Stones are-and always will be-one of my favorite bands of all time. They defined-more so than the Beatles-rebellion in rock and roll. SATISFACTION is my calling card.-the Stones-are thee first punk band....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0bLBk-BNM

Ive had people tell me I should get over it...deal with it. To "grow up/ Be a man"
Huh. I love Tara. I will NEVER stop loving her. Does that make me a weak person? Maybe. I dont care. I willnever feel less . I cant-Im an obsessive person...maybe its just me. But I still love her.

I understand what you mean RC, as I've lost my two very loved maternal grandparents in the past few years. As time has gone by, it has been easier to accept that I will never get to talk to them again. However, that doesn't mean it's less painful. The only reason I wasn't totally emotional each time was because, in both cases me and my family knew it was coming long in advance. They both had Alzheimer's, so death was (in a very upsetting way) a relief for me, my family, and hopefully them. The only depressing thing about me graduating from high school was knowing that I would not get to see my grandmother (she died in middle school) or my grandfather (he was in an assisted living home for people with Alzheimer's) during that day.

I still get emotional sometimes about not being able to talk to my grandparent's. I don't think we're weak because we love people deeply. If anything, that's good thing. It means we're not heartless. It means we can feel joy. It has nothing to do with being weak or strong.

If you can't do anything, but constantly focus on Tara's death, then you do have some issues that need to be resolved. To me, it sounds like you feel pain, but are also able to enjoy yourself.  That's a good place to be in. Don't forget everybody also deserves some time to just feel bad and depressed. It's my belief that if you won't allow yourself to be depressed when you truly feel horrible, you're lying to yourself.

As an end note, I found writing this to be helpful in articulating some confusing thoughts. So, thank you, RC.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6559 on: January 13, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0bLBk-BNM

I understand what you mean RC, as I've lost my two very loved maternal grandparents in the past few years. As time has gone by, it has been easier to accept that I will never get to talk to them again. However, that doesn't mean it's less painful. The only reason I wasn't totally emotional each time was because, in both cases me and my family knew it was coming long in advance. They both had Alzheimer's, so death was (in a very upsetting way) a relief for me, my family, and hopefully them. The only depressing thing about me graduating from high school was knowing that I would not get to see my grandmother (she died in middle school) or my grandfather (he was in an assisted living home for people with Alzheimer's) during that day.

I still get emotional sometimes about not being able to talk to my grandparent's. I don't think we're weak because we love people deeply. If anything, that's good thing. It means we're not heartless. It means we can feel joy. It has nothing to do with being weak or strong.

If you can't do anything, but constantly focus on Tara's death, then you do have some issues that need to be resolved. To me, it sounds like you feel pain, but are also able to enjoy yourself.  That's a good place to be in. Don't forget everybody also deserves some time to just feel bad and depressed. It's my belief that if you won't allow yourself to be depressed when you truly feel horrible, you're lying to yourself.

As an end note, I found writing this to be helpful in articulating some confusing thoughts. So, thank you, RC.

This is for you....and for all my freinds here...because we have all lost somebody some time....

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6560 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »

Songs in the Key of X: Music Inspired by the X-Files

The Truth and the Light: The X-Files: Music by Mark Snow, Words by Chris Carter

The Cult Files

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6561 on: January 14, 2011, 01:01:22 AM »

MARIANNE FAITHFULL that's cool (what a creepy chick) ...
RC and Sleepyskull you both need to learn how to EDIT!!  Cheers Drink Smile
Now:

ROLLING STONES: Exile On Main Street

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:21:48 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #6562 on: January 14, 2011, 02:07:17 AM »

Now:

ROLLING STONES: Exile On Main Street

About the editing: I can write much more... correctly (might not be a good word), if I take the time to check everything with a guide, but I honestly don't have the patience to do that for places like a message board or FaceBook.  I've never been able to commit that sort of stuff to memory.  TeddyR  Bluesad  BounceGiggle  Still, I try not to appear too unintelligible, which is much more than can be said for many Web-users... 

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6563 on: January 14, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »

About the editing: I can write much more... correctly (might not be a good word), if I take the time to check everything with a guide, but I honestly don't have the patience to do that for places like a message board or FaceBook.  I've never been able to commit that sort of stuff to memory.  TeddyR  Bluesad  BounceGiggle  Still, I try not to appear too unintelligible, which is much more than can be said for many Web-users... 
I'm not referring to your writing, but your postings - see above I quoted you quoting me, but I removed the images in the interest of space (instead of seeing them repeated, and repeated...)  Wink

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6564 on: January 14, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »

Been listening to the new British Sea Power cd this morning (not too bad, but not my favorite by them either)...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #6565 on: January 14, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »

I'm not referring to your writing, but your postings - see above I quoted you quoting me, but I removed the images in the interest of space (instead of seeing them repeated, and repeated...)  Wink

Oh! I'll keep that in mind. I know seeing repetitive images can be annoying, especially on a slower computer.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6566 on: January 14, 2011, 10:31:40 PM »

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6567 on: January 15, 2011, 12:14:23 AM »

DAVID BOWIE Heroes  

DAVID BOWIE Low  

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART and THE MAGIC BAND Lick My Decals Off, Baby
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:54:06 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6568 on: January 15, 2011, 02:37:47 AM »

'98 Live Meltdown by Judas Priest

Lima beans are the Devil
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #6569 on: January 15, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

-Jimmybob

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 966
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.