Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:27:29 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124141 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1335 on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:23 AM »

Jaws
5/5
Nuff said.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1336 on: July 15, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »

MST3K Racket Girls-  not a favorite episode.  also included is a instructional short on marriage.  They aren't exactly what you'd call great movie magic but they aren't really awful enough to be all that funny outside of the wit of the writing.  also kind of sad as this was the begining of the era when Mary Jo Piehl began to invite herself on to the show more and more.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #1337 on: July 15, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »

I finally got to see a movie I have waited 20 years to see, Johnny Got His Gun. Ever sense I first became aware of it from the footage that was used in the Metallica video for their song One, I have wanted to see this film. It was a good film but extremely depressing. I can't imagine a worst form of hell for a person to live in than what the protagonist in this film had to face daily.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Cthulhu

« Reply #1338 on: July 16, 2009, 04:02:20 AM »

I watched The blob (the original) yesterday!
Awesome!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1339 on: July 16, 2009, 06:23:27 AM »

Scarecrow (2002) - The school loser gets killed by his mom's latest boyfriend, and comes back to life as a scarecrow.  He does gymnastics-Fu and spouts corny one liners like Freddy Kreuger.  Yeah;  where to start?  Plot was absurd, acting varied from fairly good to fairly horrible, theme music was sometimes inappropriate and set bizarre moods for scenes.  It was just run-of-the-mill crap until the scarecrow started doing gymkata.  At one point, he catches a car by doing a bunch of somersaults.  Faster that running apparently.  Tiffany Shepis is in it, with a short, butch looking haircut.  Still pretty sexy.  Watching the "making of" featured was a bit confusing.  The director apparently believes he made a piece of artwork in the tradition of Argento, Romero, and every other name he can think of.  But maybe even better.  Anyhow, 2.5/5.  I'd probably give it a 1.5/5 but I saw part of it before on TV so I wasn't as shocked by the awfulness of the Kung Fu scarecrow.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1340 on: July 16, 2009, 06:24:55 AM »

Kramer vs. Kramer: *** out of **** - Since I never watched this film before I decided to give it a go last night.  I found myself enjoying this film even though I am not a huge fan of drama movies.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1341 on: July 16, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

asimpson- I've been meaning to see that for a long time.  It's hard to actually rent it though.

Witchfinder General- good, very Hammer-ish take on Cromwell era England witch/ morality hysteria in particular  a self appointed holy man played by Vincent Price.  These witchfinders were like snake oil salesmen, except instead of a useless potion you are left with a dead family member and a disagraced name.  It's a little stuffy in places and in general isn't wildly exciting but it's rock solid and unpretentious.  I actually think Price is a little miscast but he is still holds his own.  In my mind, Christopher Lee shold be in there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:06:26 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #1342 on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »

Kramer vs. Kramer: *** out of **** - Since I never watched this film before I decided to give it a go last night.  I found myself enjoying this film even though I am not a huge fan of drama movies.

Thats a great movie. Streep is my favorite actress. Im getting my daughter hooked on her movies, we watched Silkwood last night.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1343 on: July 16, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »

fatal attraction might be the greatest movie of all time
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1344 on: July 16, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »

Watched Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior again.  Still awesome.  Thumbup
3mnkids

« Reply #1345 on: July 17, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »

Pontypool~ The movie takes place in a radio station in a small Ontario town. The DJ, producer and assistant? get word of some kind of mob outside a local DR's office. The situation gets worse and it appears to be some kind of outbreak...

This movie was strange,interesting and funny. Its kind of like a zombie movie only different,its zombish  Smile    If you want to see tons of blood and lots of people getting eaten this isnt the movie for you. I was impressed. I will be adding this one to my DVD collection.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1346 on: July 17, 2009, 07:13:08 AM »

Scarecrow Slayer (2003) - Some guy gets killed, his soul is absorbed into a scarecrow, and he goes around killing people.  Mostly he follows his girlfriend around and kills everyone she comes into contact with.  It had a couple of hot babes in it, and it make me chuckle a few times.  There, I said something good about it.  On the bad side, it was just an amateurish mess.  I could go into detail, but I'd be typing for half the morning  TeddyR  2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1347 on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »

Pontypool~ The movie takes place in a radio station in a small Ontario town. The DJ, producer and assistant? get word of some kind of mob outside a local DR's office. The situation gets worse and it appears to be some kind of outbreak...

This movie was strange,interesting and funny. Its kind of like a zombie movie only different,its zombish  Smile    If you want to see tons of blood and lots of people getting eaten this isnt the movie for you. I was impressed. I will be adding this one to my DVD collection.

Did you see it in a theater, or did I miss the DVD release?  I wanted to see this, but of course it's rare anything remotely interesting or outside the norm ever plays here in Louisville.  We only have 1 or 2 screens devoted to non-Hollywood product, and they're almost also dedicated to some boring foreign drama.   Hatred

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1348 on: July 17, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »

MAN BITES DOG (1992): A documentary film crew follows a serial killer as he makes his rounds and slowly begins to participate in his crimes. Worth seeing for provocation value, but ultimately the relentlessly unpleasant ironic sadism can't be justified by the filmmakers' meager insights about the media's complicity in fostering violence. 2.5/5.

MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME (1985): Loner and reluctant hero Mad Max wanders out of the desert and into a crossroads of post-apocalyptic vice known as Bartertown, and later discovers a colony of innocent children in a peaceful oasis who believe him to be a messiah. The least and the goofiest of the excellent MAD MAX series, but Max's post-apocalyptic world is always a fun place to visit. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids

« Reply #1349 on: July 17, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »

Did you see it in a theater, or did I miss the DVD release?  I wanted to see this, but of course it's rare anything remotely interesting or outside the norm ever plays here in Louisville.  We only have 1 or 2 screens devoted to non-Hollywood product, and they're almost also dedicated to some boring foreign drama.   Hatred

I watched it online. Im a little confused about the DVD release date. Im not sure if its the 21st of july or not until October.  I hope its this month, its a great movie.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.