Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 08:42:43 AM
715291 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123919 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2355 on: May 22, 2010, 06:42:51 PM »

I watched LEPRECHAUN 2 - BACK 2 THA HOOD this week.  Pretty funny, esp. when the leprechaun joins a stoner character in smoking a bong!

Last night I saw a Frank Montag film called SLASHER.  Pretty gonzo, over-the-top German slasher flick, with blood and boobs a-plenty, and a decent twist ending.  Tried to watch  Brain Damage Films'  THE LEGEND OF SORROW CREEK but I was too sleepy.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2356 on: May 23, 2010, 12:34:36 AM »

Cell 211(Celda 211)~~ A young married father to be is about to start a job as a prison guard. He wants to make a good impression so he goes in the day before he officially starts just to get an idea of what he will be doing. While being shown around a riot starts and he is left in cell 211.. hence the name.  TongueOut   

While the title is boring and uninspired the movie is not. It had me hooked from the moment it started.. Watching this poor guy try and hurry up and get rid of his shoe strings, wallet, and wedding ring so he can pretend to be an inmate was tense. For me the whole movie was that way..tense. 

The acting is great, the subtitles are easy to read, its intense, sad, violent... I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Thumbup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
claws
« Reply #2357 on: May 23, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »

Blu-ray: Avatar (2009)

Movie: 5/5
Picture: 5/5
Audio: 5/5
Extras: 0/5

omg, Pandora was so beautifuuuul! I had wet eyes when they chopped down the tree.
Great film, enjoyed every minute. I finally don't feel like the last person on earth anymore who hasn't seen Avatar :)
Jim H

« Reply #2358 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:37 AM »

Men Who Stare At Goats

Eh, it was interesting, funny at times, and well-acted for the most part.  But the story kind of meanders and doesn't ever really go anywhere, and it REALLY stretches for an ending.  Worth a watch, I guess

6/10
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2359 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47:29 AM »

Pandorum (2009) - Take Alien and cross it with Resident Evil, and find an utterly humdrum director to put in charge of it, and you've got this.  In the future, the Earth is all screwed up but we've found another planet capable of sustaining life, so we send a huge spaceship with 16,000 people aboard to colonize it.  But something goes wrong.  Two guys awake from an unexpectedly long hypersleep, which has given them a case of amnesia.  One guy sets out to explore the ship, which seems almost totally deserted, except for some vicious subhuman creatures.  The few normal people he finds are living desperate lives, attacking anyone who comes near as it's the only way to survive.  As you probably guessed, the reactor is going to explode so they have to fight their way through this huge dangerous ship in order to fix it before that happens.  This wasn't bad at all, but it unfortunately lacked all the things that make a movie good as well.  The characters weren't very developed, the action scenes were done in a way that you've seen many times before, the theme music didn't really set the mood.  But it was fast paced, and there was a hot babe in it.  Being a huge fan of sci-fi/horror, I'll give it a 3.75/5. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2360 on: May 23, 2010, 07:30:08 AM »

Hellraiser Bloodline:
No clue what was going on, but I still managed to like it.

3/5

Hellraiser Inferno:
Bad copper tries to solve the crime of a missing child.

3.5/5

Hellraiser Hellseeker:
A guy in a car crash where his wife went missing tries to work out where she is and why is he having strange visions (you've probably guessed the ending already, right ?).

3/5

As straight to video horror goes, these weren't that bad. Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2361 on: May 23, 2010, 08:10:40 AM »

Total Recall (1990)

This was a fun movie with some great sound effects, mainly coming from Arnold Schwarzenegger's mouth.  (Come on, Cohaagen! You got what you want. Give those people air!)

I thought the villains in this were great! They just seemed so cold and cruel.

11.3 out of 13 stars

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2362 on: May 23, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »

TOKYO! (2008): Since Paris has an anthology film on the theme of love, Tokyo gets one on the theme of weirdness, from Michel Gondry, Leos Carax, and Bong Joon-ho.  Three segments: the girlfriend of an experimental filmmaker feels useless until she undergoes an inexplicable metamorphosis; a shambling man-creature named Merde rises from the sewers to wreak havoc on Tokyo; a shut-in falls for a girl with buttons tattooed on her body.  The best segment by a wide margin is Carax's "Merde": genuinely funny, it's like one of those experimental Saturday Night Live sketches about an uncomfortably strange character who harasses the people around him, except that it doesn't grow wearisome after two minutes.  3.5/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2363 on: May 23, 2010, 06:37:49 PM »

Maximum Overdrive-machines go haywire after a recent comet passed Earth and left its coma in the atmosphere. 23/25

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2364 on: May 23, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »

Virgin High!- Burt Ward AND Linnea Quigley in the SAME movie! Joy.  I'm sure the people here know this movie, but it's about a geeky guy who dates a hot chick, screws things up for her, and she gets shipped off to an all-girls Catholic School.  Fun little movie I haven't seen since I was 8 and it was on USA's Up All Night.

MacGruber- a film starring Will Forte, Kristen Wiig, Ryan Phillipe and Val Kilmer, with cameos by several WWE wrestlers.  Best way to describe it is: it's a "MacGyver" spoof, about a guy who is a super agent, having been awarded 17 Purple Hearts, 3 Congressional Medals of Honor, and countless others.  Except, he can't shoot a gun because they scare him, most of his devices backfire on him, and his only real fighting experience is ripping out guys throats with his thumb (makes for a cool effect.)  Hasn't fared too well at the box office this weekend, but it's the funniest movie I've seen this year, and is sure to be up for some Razzies.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #2365 on: May 23, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »

Blu-ray: Up (2009)

Movie: 5/5
Picture: 5/5
Audio: 5/5
Extras: 5/5

If you ever had your doubts about HD or if you simply want to show off how good HD looks on your set then Up is a must own. Reference quality. As for the movie - great stuff! Very entertaining, touching and funny. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2366 on: May 24, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (1968): Aliens take over the minds of the residents of Monster Island---Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra and pals---and send them out to destroy the cities of the world.  Crazy giant monster derby with non-stop action; anyone who isn't just a little charmed by men in rubber suits knocking over  plywood skyscrapers doesn't have an ounce of kid left in them.  4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2367 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »

Deathtrap- Michael Caine is a playwright who has had a string of flops, Christopher reeve is a student who had attended one of his seminars and has now written a really good play. Caine wants to kill Reeve and take his play. They try to go over the plot holes but you can't bleive that this guy wrote a play and no one knew about it and he told no one and all that. Without giving away too much, there ends up being alot more to it than that.  This feels more like a play than a movie. Not much in the way of direction, long monologues, even people, especially the wife, speaking loudly for no reason. I can't recommend it. The writing and acting are good(Caine moreso than Reeve) but it's just not very movie-ey and is kind of depressing and looking down it's nose at you the way the theatre can sometimes be.

3 or so /5

Lethal Force (2001)- string some cliches together and call it a parody. If you like Troma type stuff you might like this but it's without the nudity and gross out humor. To me it basically seemed like a film school project heavily indebted to Tarantino with none of his creativity and I don't even like Tarantino very much. I'd rather see  bunch of stoners improvise something. cheap, rather lifeles, and geeky but not in the good way 2/5
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:55:15 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2368 on: May 24, 2010, 04:28:56 PM »

Christine- a car flick (yet again) where this movie might have some connections to The Car, as in a KILLER CAR! 23/25

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #2369 on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »

SPIRITED AWAY (2001) The first time I've watched the whole film in several years. I'm always quite nicely surpised how much I enjoy this.

QUARANTINE (2008) Better-than-average "found video" film (a la THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT) that I found effectively claustaphobic. This time out a group of people, including firemen, police officers, and a tv film crew, find themselves quarantined in a Decco apartment building in L.A. as a souped-up version of rabies turns members of the group into foam-spewing, gibbering cannibals. It even spreads to the doggies and rats!

Apparently it's a remake of the Spanish film REC, which, admittedly I haven't seen. Most reviewers say the original is better, so I guess I need to seek it out.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:26:19 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.