Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 12:59:26 PM
715317 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124192 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2655 on: August 01, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »

Hungry Hearts (2002)

A cook is sent for a few day to cook for some upper class, middle aged women as they indulge themselves. But he is soon to discover that these woman are partying as if there was no tomorrow...
Um, its kinda bland. And for a black comedy, it wasn't that funny and I felt cheated by the ending.
2.5/5

From Within. (2006)

A small town in I what believe is called a 'bible belt' in the US has had a run of suicides (I don't know what a bible belt is, in fact, I haven't seen any bible clothing shops). Anyway, the suicides are some sort of curse thats spreading through the town and its only a matter of time before the whole town suffers...
Man, this was dull.
I watched it, but I didn't really care about anyone. Well directed, but the characters are so poorly underwritten. The ending was good and it does have it fans so you might want to check it out.

2/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #2656 on: August 01, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »

Them(lls)~ A young school teacher and her writer boyfriend are terrorized at their home by a bunch of hoodlums... The good~ Its suspenseful and the performances are good. The bad~ The characters are stupid. Seriously, stupid. They live in this huge freaking house and they spend a lot of time hiding in the bedroom(you have tons of rooms to choose from pick a different one!), running around loudly(yeah, they wont hear you), and then they split up.. Ugh, this was one very frustrating movie.

They run past the kitchen that has ya know, knives and stuff, to get outside. When hiding in the bedroom there are fireplaces tools...a poker, a shovel, etc. Pick up a freaking weapon and defend yourselves dammit! SPOILERS*******

Turns out its little kids terrorizing them. You cant fight back against little kids? Do something to save your own lives idiots. By the end of the movie I didn't care if they were killed. Honestly, they were too stupid to live anyway.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:05:21 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2657 on: August 01, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »

Astro Boy (2009): I can't say if this is an accurate adaption of the manga it is based off of, so I can only judge this movie as what it is, just a movie and not an adaption.

The basic premise goes like this, Dr. Tenma loses his son, Toby, in a tragic accident involving an experiment with red energy.  In desperation, he recreates him using his DNA and the opposite of red energy, blue energy.  While the robot has all the memories of his son, he really isn't him and Tenma falls grim.  He tells him to go away and then there is also the current president who... I'll just leave it at that.

Animation wise, the CGI is good and is breathtaking at times, but it never really left me extremely excited the entire time while watching.  Voice work was fine as well, with the kid who played Astro Boy doing incredibly well and convincing.  Curiously enough, Samuel L. Jackson was in it, but he didn't say much sadly.

Great film, but I cannot say for sure if  it is accurate to the original source material.  Still recommend it, but just be warned, it is a bit heavy at a lot of the times.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett

« Reply #2658 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:10 AM »

Bare Knuckles

I feel bad, I don't want to be mean to this film, but I have to be.
Its rubbish.

I single mum finds she can earn money by entering underground fighting circuits. There was once scene and I'm guessing was trying to be tough and sexy. It wasn't. In fact, I bust into fits of laughter.

The acting, writing, lighting, directing...
Everything is amatureish, yet I get the feeling they really tried.

1.5/5

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2659 on: August 02, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »

Walled In (2009) - Fifteen years ago, a famous architect built an apartment building.  Shortly afterwards, the tenants started disappearing, eventually to be found encased in concrete within the walls of the building.  The architect was walled up as well.  This had a rather negative effect on occupancy rates, so in the present day, a demolition company is called in to take the building down.  A young engineer (Mischa Barton) goes to the building first to examine it and decide where the charges need to be set.  She meets the 4 remaining residents, all of them weird, and she also hears odd noises and we're left to believe that the place may be haunted (this is done in an extremely clichéd fashion - fast camera cuts, etc.).  Or maybe the oddball residents are just screwing with her?  All will be revealed in the second half.  This was a fairly interesting movie as far as the plot goes.  Unfortunately it wasn't very entertaining.  The first half was slow and felt very much like watching an engineer go through her daily routine.  There were quite a few plot holes as well.  The main character was likable enough, but really didn't have much screen presence.  The building was really the star of the show - it looked so bizarre in all its concrete glory standing out in the middle of an empty field.  The interiors were quite elegant and dark.  A great horror movie could have been made here - too bad one wasn't.  I kept watching it thinking "This is fairly interesting, so why am I so darned bored?"  2.75/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2660 on: August 02, 2010, 07:24:54 AM »

Bare Knuckles

Its rubbish.

I single mum finds she can earn money by entering underground fighting circuits. There was once scene and I'm guessing was trying to be tough and sexy. It wasn't. In fact, I bust into fits of laughter.

1.5/5

Purchased  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #2661 on: August 02, 2010, 07:28:14 AM »

Bare Knuckles

Its rubbish.

1.5/5

Purchased  TeddyR

BounceGiggle

I want to see disapointment hit you in the face as if it was delivered by the star of Bare Knuckles !  Wink
What makes it funnier is that it has a five star review on Amazon !

Small | Large

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2662 on: August 02, 2010, 07:32:34 AM »

Bare Knuckles

Its rubbish.

1.5/5

Purchased  TeddyR

BounceGiggle

I want to see disapointment hit you in the face as if it was delivered by the star of Bare Knuckles !  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehp4PIksn4U

You'd think I'd eventually learn not to pay money for crap, but well...that doesn't seem to have happened yet  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett

« Reply #2663 on: August 02, 2010, 07:35:51 AM »

Bare Knuckles

Its rubbish.

1.5/5

Purchased  TeddyR

BounceGiggle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehp4PIksn4U

You'd think I'd eventually learn not to pay money for crap, but well...that doesn't seem to have happened yet  BounceGiggle

The thing is, I would buy it too !
And I can't stand it !!!

It is just awful, and therefor, a must have.

Doggett

« Reply #2664 on: August 02, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »

Eulogy (2004)
A woman is asked to write her grandfathers eulogy as her family have a reunion. Her family consists of:

Lesbian aunt (who also brings her lover to the reunion)
Child actor father whos given up on life and now in the 'adult' industry
Aunt who picks on everyone (whos always fighting lesbian aunt).
Grand mother who tries to kill herself.
Perveted child cousins.
Silent child cousins.
Lay-about, lazy, loser uncle.

Ooooohhhhhh......

Its a comedy drama that misses the mark. It's a shame, the cast is really great, the characters are quirky, there are what should be funny situations. How did this miss the mark ?!?! HOW ?!?! I'm baffled.  Question

But it just falls flat.
It's a real pity.

2.5/5
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:12:36 AM by Doggett » Logged

3mnkids

« Reply #2665 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »

Ghost Game~ A bunch of friends go to a cabin to hang out. They find an old box that has a note that reads... don't play this game. They spend the rest of the movie referring to it as the don't play this game, game. 30 yrs ago 3 wannabe witches stated some kind of... I don't know, it has something to do with the "game" and they(the ghost goth chicks)are killing the group of friends.

The dialogue is so unbelievably bad... a few examples.. The rich girl whines that she thought they were going to a spa called cab bean... not an actual cabin. Seeing a bunch of rocks around a pole in the ground the group starts debating what it is... it could be from a meteor shower says one, he saw something like this on the discover channel.

The pole surrounded by rocks stats to glow and the super annoying cousin ted says I know what this is! Its the time keeper! The two female leads aren't that bad but the rest of them are awful. The plot is stupid but its a short movie and worth a one time watch.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2666 on: August 02, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »

MENACE FROM OUTER SPACE (1956): A girl in a short skirt and cape, Earth's top scientist, and a kid accompany the solar system's most renowned space ranger and his nearly competent assistant on a suicide mission to one of Jupiter's moons to find out why they are lobbing missiles at Earth.  It's from "Rocky Jones," a failed TV series edited and repackaged as a movie.  Terribly silly and illogical and obviously aimed at kids, but it's fairly watchable and nostalgic.  2/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2667 on: August 02, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »

I love the Rocky Jones movies. They're loads of fun and usually feature every sci-fi cliche I so love (ray guns, rocketships, meteor showers, cheesy villains, goofy scientist, little kid who worships our hero, etc.) and should we really expect top accuracy from a 1950s kids Sci-Fi TV Show?

2012 (2009): Solar flares on the sun send neutrinos to Earth heating up the planet's core leading to global devastation as the alignment of the Earth's poles begin to shift. A writer, his ex-wife, his kids and the wife's new beau seek escape as the world collapses all around them.

Well it's pretty much what I expected from director Roland Emmerich. It's an FX showcase. The plot is largely ridiculous and the premise immensely far-fetched. The obvious motive here is as a disaster style showcase of FX as we see Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Hawaii and even the Himalayas fall victim to disaster in almost unimaginable fashion. That said, it delivers pretty much what people expect from it (although the CGI didn't always look convincing to me personally) and as dumb as it is, its characters show more humanity than I expected,  and it ends in a way that surprised me and obviously left room for a sequel - well actually a TV series was announced which did seem to have a very interesting premise but was ultimately passed on by ABC so perhaps we will get that sequel after all? **1/2 out of ***** stars on a guilty pleasure level.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:20:30 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doggett

« Reply #2668 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »

Death at a Funeral. (2007)

Its a funeral where everything that can go wrong, does go wrong.
Its great.
Very funny. Very, very funny.  TeddyR

I wonder if the US version is any good...

4/5

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2669 on: August 02, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »

prime cut (1974)- this is kind of like if you took a really crazy b movie, took out like half of the exploitation and replaced it with better acting. or something. I know people don't like remakes but they could remake this. lee marvin is a gangster sent to get $500,000 from another gangster named mary ann played by Gene Hackman (? ) Besides being gangsters he and his brother run a hot dog company and the brother is always eating raw hot dogs. He has them like in his pocket. Hackman is great. I don't want to say tarantino esque but it kind of is but more sort of abstract and deadpan way. a very interesting movie to say the least. 4/5
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:58:25 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.