Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:29:14 AM
715313 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7757 Members
Latest Member: Nataliyphymn
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124141 times)
Vik
« Reply #4170 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:35 AM »

Even if you hated it, Magnolia is hardly one of the "worst movies ever made", in the contrary.
claws
« Reply #4171 on: September 18, 2011, 04:18:10 AM »

The Crater Lake Monster (1977) Blu-ray

The movie should be familiar: it's a bit slow and dull sucking most of the fun out of the budget cheese. But when in the right mood it can be entertaining.
The Crater Lake Monster looks stunning on Blu-ray though. Rich colors, lots of fine detail. 3/5 Cheese
claws
« Reply #4172 on: September 18, 2011, 04:21:39 AM »

To be blunt Magnolia sucks and is one of the worst movies ever made.

I'm not the biggest Magnolia fan either but calling it one of the worst movies ever made only damages your street cred.
No one will take your movie opinions serious anymore  Wink
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4173 on: September 18, 2011, 05:02:30 AM »

To be blunt Magnolia sucks and is one of the worst movies ever made.

I'm not the biggest Magnolia fan either but calling it one of the worst movies ever made only damages your street cred.
No one will take your movie opinions serious anymore  Wink

Yeah, there were a couple of things I disliked about it and I wouldn't really be bothered over seeing it again, but on the whole I thought it was a good movie.

Vik
« Reply #4174 on: September 18, 2011, 05:28:09 AM »

Magnolia might just be my favourite film of all time actually, but not many seem to share that position.
Anyway, I think a lot of the things Bob mentioned in his post were actually the point of the movie. They're not supposed to be all good characters because nobody is that way, everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes they're horrible. Them being so bad was the idea, if they were just 'a little bad' then it wouldn't have made sense, whether you sympathize with them or not. And the horidness of their acts makes the forgiving all the more harder, which, again, is the point.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4175 on: September 18, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »

LE QUATTRO VOLTE (2010): An Italian goatherd dies, then a goat born and dies, then a tree is cut down and made into charcoal in this slow moving, dialogue-free experiment.  It's all made to illustrate Pythagoras' lesser-known theorem that humans are made up of the rational, the animal, the vegetable and the mineral.  It has some hypnotic, documentary-style moments, and the Calabrian countryside is beautiful to behold, but mainly it's film medicine: you get the sense it's good for you, but it's not that much fun on the intake.  2/5, experimental/avant-garde film fans only.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4176 on: September 18, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »

Small | Large

I kid, I kid

Magnolia deeply offended me the same way North and Caligula did with the incest scene

nothing will ever change my mind and  if you disagree with me that's fine too

different strokes for different folks  Cheers

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4177 on: September 19, 2011, 07:01:37 AM »

Zombies Zombies Zombies (2008) - A group of strippers (the type who for the most part keep their clothes on) and some prostitutes and their pimp are holed up in a strip club while zombies attack.  Yet another comedy, it was fairly amusing.  Especially the pimp with his stereotypical egotism and crudeness played for laughs.  The characters were pretty good (and attractive), and all the bickering about who's the sleaziest, the whores or the strippers, was enjoyable.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4178 on: September 19, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
http://www.youtube.com/v/OtnC_BjdJtQ

Still an amazing technical achievement after all these years. "Roger" combines the 1940s noir/detective genre with the anarchy of the best Looney Tunes cartoons in a story of a down-on-his-luck private eye and a rabbit accused of murder in post-war Hollywood.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen this movie, it's definitely one of my all time favorites. I never get tired of it. To this day there are still a few scenes that make me wonder "How the @#$% did they DO that?"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Vik
« Reply #4179 on: September 19, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »

Rise of the footsoldier
Eh, all the characters were a bunch of overagressive dumbasses. The violence was really entertaining in the beginning, but it just got boring as it progressed. The whole thing felt kind of pointless too.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4180 on: September 20, 2011, 09:30:31 AM »

"Source Code"

...Jake Gyllenhal (sp?) is a soldier who must stop a terrorist bombing on a train ... by being "projected" into the body of a passenger on the train. Once there, he has 8 minutes (!) to identify and stop the bomber. If he fails (which he does, numerous times) he's pulled back into a super-secret military lab then sent back out to try again.

Strange but compelling sci-fi/suspense thriller from the director of "Moon," which I haven't seen but which got a lot of love so if you dug that, you'll probably dig this.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4181 on: September 20, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »

I just watched Snow White and Sleeping Beauty with the nieces. ( It was a Princess Marathon!)

I haven't seen either in quite awhile and I'd forgotten how cute they were. Not too long either. And the animation, especially in Snow White, was amazing.  When I think of the work that went into those movies, it blows my mind.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4182 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:52 PM »

Used Cars - marginally entertaining, not very funny or believable comedy starring Kurt Russel as a stereotypical used car guy battling another one. Having the blonde love interest wear a skimpy top in the last half hour was the directors best decision, but not nearly enough to recomend this on. 2.5/5
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:09:36 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
major jay

« Reply #4183 on: September 20, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »

JOHNNY COOL
Johnny Cool equals sixties cool. Rat Pack Fever! 5 style points out of 5.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:52:52 PM by major jay » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4184 on: September 21, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »

Vanity Fair (2004) - Back in 19th century Europe there are all these snooty old rich people and their snooty kids are waiting around for them to die.  Reese Witherspoon is a governess who wants to climb up this social ladder - she's shallow and nauseatingly charming and blah blah blah.  All these rich people, who wouldn't speak to a servant if their lives depended on it, accept Reese into their families as if she was one of their own because, well...because it's a freakin' movie I guess.  She marries some guy who isn't rich, they seem happy enough but then she meets some other old guy who's fabulously wealthy so blah blah blah.  This goes on for like two hours and twenty minutes.  Lots of waltzes are waltzed, lots of snooty old rich folks mill about (WAY more than I could keep track of), etc.  It was pretty;  when you've got a nice big budget you can create a version of 19th century Europe that's quite pleasing to the eye.  As a romance I thought it was a failure - even though Witherspoon's character took a detour or two along the way, I thought it was obvious from the very beginning that she was nothing more than an a$$ kissing gold-digger and how could anyone care how things turn out for her in the end?  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.