Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:05:49 AM
715257 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123578 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11820 on: December 21, 2019, 07:42:01 AM »

"Thunderball" (1965)
James Bond travels to the Bahamas on the trail of two stolen nuclear weapons in his fourth big screen adventure. "Thunderball" isn't quite as over-the-top as the preceding "Goldfinger," but it's still an entertaining spy thriller,  remembered today mainly for its impressive underwater sequences, which were some of the most elaborate ever filmed at the time.
Former Miss France Claudine Auger, who played Bond's love interest "Domino" in this flick, passed away earlier this week. R.I.P. Madame!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11821 on: December 21, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »

STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

This was my favorite of all the prequels, and witnessing Palpatine's seduction of Anakin Skywalker all over again made me see why: no other film in the series makes the appeal of the Dark Side so tangible and tempting.  Darth Vader is an easy character to hate, but Anakin Skywalker is a truly tragic figure who did all the wrong things for what he thought were the right reasons.  I'm glad I took the time to sit and watch this again.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11822 on: December 23, 2019, 03:52:13 AM »

Shanghai Fortress (2019)

Continuing my exploration of Chinese blockbusters, I gave this one a go. My advice is: avoid. It has very few redeeming features. There is no plot to speak of, and the love story is undermined by the expressionless acting (I'd say 0.9 on the Keanu scale, with 1 Keanu being Keanu Reeves performance in The Day The Earth Stood Still).

For the rest, you have a big alien Mothership dropping killer robots on Shanghai which has a humongous cannon and swarms of drone fighters to defend itself. There are enough explosions to make Michael Bay jealous. In fact, it is as if the director watched Independence Day and thought to himself, 'what can we do to make this look more like Transformers?'

You have your standard inexplicable military decisions (such as, if you do have weapons that can destroy the alien robots, why do you issue the troops guarding key assets with assault rifles that are useless against these robots?) Also, in a strange way, it reminded me of the slower parts of the old UFO TV series: you have lots of long sequences of hardware being deployed and people staring worriedly at screens quoting map references to each other. But while UFO still conveyed a certain cold war menace, this has nothing.

The quality of the subtitles on Netflix didn't help either. I've seen better fansubs.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11823 on: December 23, 2019, 05:13:03 AM »

This was my favorite of all the prequels, and witnessing Palpatine's seduction of Anakin Skywalker all over again made me see why: no other film in the series makes the appeal of the Dark Side so tangible and tempting.  Darth Vader is an easy character to hate, but Anakin Skywalker is a truly tragic figure who did all the wrong things for what he thought were the right reasons.  I'm glad I took the time to sit and watch this again.

There is a special hell reserved for people who like the prequels.  hot

Just sayin'.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11824 on: December 23, 2019, 06:48:24 AM »

I already marked a chair with my name in that place. I hope they show THE PHANTOM MENACE when I get there!

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11825 on: December 23, 2019, 08:29:39 AM »

I already marked a chair with my name in that place. I hope they show THE PHANTOM MENACE when I get there!

Only if you are very lucky. Personally I suspect you'll be watching Michael Bay movies for eternity lol.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11826 on: December 23, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »

Only if you are very lucky. Personally I suspect you'll be watching Michael Bay movies for eternity lol.

Uh, that's a nice idea for a thread, haha.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11827 on: December 23, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »

ROBOCOP II
I hadn't seen this since the year it came out, but I watched all but the first ten minutes or so last night - what a steaming heap of B-movie cheese!  The "nice guy" Robocop was hilarious, but so was the idea of having a Boy Scout troop rob an electronics store.  And him reading Miranda rights to a dead guy was just classic!  1/5  on a regular movie scale, but a solid 4/5 on the Bad Movie Meter!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #11828 on: December 23, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »

Once Upon a Time ...in Hollywood (2019)

"Damn hippies!"

Is it wrong I wanted to see more of Sharon/Margot? 5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11829 on: December 24, 2019, 09:08:38 AM »

ONE CHILD NATION (2019): A Chinese woman living in America returns to China to interview locals about the "one child" policy the Communists enforced from 1979-2015. Since the policy led to forced sterilization and abortion, abandoned babies (especially girl babies), and a black market in adoptions, it proves self-indicting; a good history lesson for those who've never heard of it. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #11830 on: December 25, 2019, 12:32:16 AM »

Don't F**k With Cats (2019)

Netflix documentary about an amateur sleuth Facebook group trying to expose the murderous doings of the attention seeking Canadian Killer Luka Magnotta.
No doubt Magnotta's crimes were sick and disgusting and the docu offers interesting insight (narcissistic Magnotta was living out Basic Instinct and American Psycho fantasies), but the 3+ hour running time gives the viewer plenty of hot air and even red herrings. This could've been easily told in a tight 90 minutes or less.
The two leaders of the Facebook group are obviously entitled social media keyboard warriors, self-applauding their useless Facebook group, whose efforts (out of boredom? attention seeking?) and lack of helpful evidence are mostly ignored by authorities during the investigation.
In the end this overlong docu has its own share of attention seeking (beginning with the title, which is disrespectful to Magnotta's victim Jun Lin), and is nothing more than your typical slice of glossy Netflix exploitation, including dodgy artificial movie-like suspense enhancements. 2.5/5
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:41:58 AM by claws » Logged
claws
« Reply #11831 on: December 26, 2019, 07:15:53 AM »

A Wish For Christmas (2016)

A frustraded christmas nerd / web designer named Sara (Lacey Chabert) who has a hard time speaking up is granted a 48-hour wish where she can finally speak up. Sara gives her idea stealing department boss a piece of her mind and accuses her co-worker Molly of taking advantage of her, in a firm but nice way. Her hunky other boss with baby blue eyes is impressed, and takes Sara with him to Seattle to present a lucrative offer to a scroog-y client. Sara works her magic, causes a few gentle christmas miracles and saves the day.

Corny Hallmark production with a silly plot (speaking up? really?), schmaltzy x-mas stuff, unavoidable romance and predictable happy ending. In other words, perfect for making fun of.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11832 on: December 26, 2019, 09:02:45 AM »

THE ICE HARVEST - A jaded lawyer in Wichita Falls, Kansas schemes with a bag man for the local mob heavy to steal a bunch of money, but winds up on the run when the mob boss is tipped off to their embezzlement.  Lots of twists and turns along the way as this bleak Christmas eve film noir unfolds. 4/5

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11833 on: December 26, 2019, 10:07:33 AM »

A Wish For Christmas (2016)

A frustraded christmas nerd / web designer named Sara (Lacey Chabert) who has a hard time speaking up is granted a 48-hour wish where she can finally speak up. Sara gives her idea stealing department boss a piece of her mind and accuses her co-worker Molly of taking advantage of her, in a firm but nice way. Her hunky other boss with baby blue eyes is impressed, and takes Sara with him to Seattle to present a lucrative offer to a scroog-y client. Sara works her magic, causes a few gentle christmas miracles and saves the day.

Corny Hallmark production with a silly plot (speaking up? really?), schmaltzy x-mas stuff, unavoidable romance and predictable happy ending. In other words, perfect for making fun of.

Some of those Hallmark Christmas movies must be bad-funny, but I am not the one to dive in and search for them. Do the research and get back to us with the best (worst!)

Meanwhile I am in awards season mode and I need to watch one movie/day to see all my groups nominees. So in the past 2 days I watched

JOKER: A mentally ill clown goes vigilante in crime-ridden Gotham City. The idea to do the Joker's origin story as a gritty standalone psychodrama in the style of Martin Scorsese, circa 1977, was a surprise commercial hit and a reasonable artistic success. Casting Joaquin Phoenix, the best actor working today, helps a lot. 3.5/5.

THE IRISHMAN: An Irish truck driver works his way into the mafia in the 1960s, eventually becoming a confidant of Jimmy Hoffa. Watching Scorsese, De Niro, Pacino and Pesci collaborate on a gangster film for one last time is like watching an aging rock band's farewell tour. Plenty of nostalgia, but the edge just isn't there anymore. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #11834 on: December 26, 2019, 10:47:25 AM »

Some of those Hallmark Christmas movies must be bad-funny, but I am not the one to dive in and search for them. Do the research and get back to us with the best (worst!)

I'll do that, but only once a year. I don't have Netflix but my sister does. I spend the holidays at my sister and it has become a tradition looking up bad christmas movies on Netflix and making fun of them. We had a blast as usual.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.