Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:25:00 AM
714971 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 966
Author Topic: What have you been listening to?  (Read 2684912 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3690 on: January 01, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »

.IMO Floyd didn't hit it's stride until "Atom Heart Mother" and lost it badly with "The Wall."
Well, I think The Wall is underrated.   Wink Atom Heart Mother has never been well regarded, but I like it. 

I believe we've had this discussion before.  Wink 

Anyway, today I streamed

"I Worked on the Ships" by Ballboy

"Twee" pop, sort of Belle & Sebastien lite.  Sample: Disney's Ice Parade

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3691 on: January 01, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »

COLD SWEAT - Breakout

Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3692 on: January 01, 2009, 06:41:57 PM »

My wife and I just got back from Milwaukee where we saw Cake’s New Years show.  The opening band was Agent Ribbons.  Got their CD and was listening to it on the way back.  A good purchase.  I can't find a pic of their CD but I found this on youtube. 

Small | Large
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3693 on: January 01, 2009, 08:46:56 PM »

.IMO Floyd didn't hit it's stride until "Atom Heart Mother" and lost it badly with "The Wall."
Well, I think The Wall is underrated.   Wink Atom Heart Mother has never been well regarded, but I like it. 
I believe we've had this discussion before.  Wink ...
Oh really?  Sorry to have interrupted your musing.   Twirling

PATTI PAGE 16 Most Requested Songs   
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 09:00:44 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3694 on: January 01, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

Listening to:

Love this cd.

Ultimate Run-DMC.
I kind of agree about "Piper" being overrated.  Other than the opening number "Astronomy Domine", which I love, none of the other tracks appeal to me much.  I didn't like the Syd-era singles, either.  IMO Floyd didn't hit it's stride until "Atom Heart Mother" and lost it badly with "The Wall."

I gotta say, I agree with you about The Wall.  Ultimately, it is underrated.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3695 on: January 01, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »

Like GARBO said, "...don' be stingy, baby..."  Gotta love your interest in the old hitmakers, Happy

PRETENDERS Learning To Crawl    

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:02:27 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3696 on: January 02, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »

MOTLEY CRUE - Dr. Feelgood [1989]

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3697 on: January 02, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »

I kind of agree about "Piper" being overrated.  Other than the opening number "Astronomy Domine", which I love, none of the other tracks appeal to me much.  I didn't like the Syd-era singles, either.  IMO Floyd didn't hit it's stride until "Atom Heart Mother" and lost it badly with "The Wall."

It's very highly rated by both cirtics and the public... it's one of the top selling albums of all time, and was named to Rolling Stones' top 100 albums list.  I'm sure there's some perceptive critic somewhere that hates it, but I'm the only person I've ever met who doesn't like it!  

That said, to be honest, there's some very good music and soundscapes on it... I just can't get past Waters' narcissistic whining!  

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3698 on: January 02, 2009, 01:12:22 PM »

Live from Momo's by "The Band of Heathens"

Sample: Judas 'Scariot Blues

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3699 on: January 02, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »

ANGEL - White Hot

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3700 on: January 02, 2009, 08:27:47 PM »

It's very highly rated by both cirtics and the public... it's one of the top selling albums of all time, and was named to Rolling Stones' top 100 albums list.  I'm sure there's some perceptive critic somewhere that hates it, but I'm the only person I've ever met who doesn't like it! 
That said, to be honest, there's some very good music and soundscapes on it... I just can't get past Waters' narcissistic whining!
Though hardly a bible, I do reference The Rolling Stone Album Guide (2004) all the time to ascertain current critical thinking regarding old and new bands (the exclusions alone of this book are disturbing...).  The Guide rates The Wall  3 out of a possible 5 stars (the RS editorial policy does perplex me as The Wall, as you reported, made #87 on the top 500 albums, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, one of the exclusions I allude to, made #58).  Highly rated?  It was received well enough when it was new, and a huge seller no doubt, but it seems to me it's waned. 
Yer right, you've had this conversation before.   Wink

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3701 on: January 02, 2009, 08:52:11 PM »

It's very highly rated by both cirtics and the public... it's one of the top selling albums of all time, and was named to Rolling Stones' top 100 albums list.  I'm sure there's some perceptive critic somewhere that hates it, but I'm the only person I've ever met who doesn't like it!  

Ultimately, I feel it's a decent album, overall.  I'm not saying it's their best album, at all.  But compared to other albums that have been rated as high or higher than The Wall, it's a bit underrated.  Comfortably Numb and Mother are two of my favorite songs, ever.  Both from The Wall. 

I'm not denying that Waters' whining wasn't narcissistic, but in the overall 'story' of the album, so to speak, it fit. 

But, I'm not good at debating things like music.  Ultimately, it's all relative.  I love Weird Al.  Most people hate the guy.  I also like Vivaldi.  None of my friends know who that is.  It's all good, sir. Wink

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3702 on: January 02, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE Bless Its Pointed Little Head   

VLADO PERLEMUTER Plays RAVEL (1961)

By the time this video was made (late 70s, my guess - the 1978 recordings are ultimately superior to the seminal 1961 recordings) VLADO had perfected his RAVEL technique. 
Small | Large

I've posted these before, but here's one more in case anyone is interested in enlightenment (very much near the 1961 recordings):
Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 10:53:45 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #3703 on: January 03, 2009, 02:31:59 AM »

The Hippos and Dead Kennedys!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3704 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:45 PM »

But, I'm not good at debating things like music.  Ultimately, it's all relative.  I love Weird Al.  Most people hate the guy.  I also like Vivaldi.  None of my friends know who that is.  It's all good, sir. Wink

There's nothing worth debating except taste!  As long as you can do it without calling other people names or getting offended because someone doesn't like something you treasure, it's one of life's great pleasures.  And unlike political or religious debates, it's actually about something meaningfulWink

I like Weird Al, too.  I can't see how anyone could hate him.

Currently listening to:

"Ballad of the Red Shoes" by Andrew Bird 

Lovely little instrumental suite that shows his talent as a composer and violinist.

Sample: Chorus of the Swan (definitely based on Bach)

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 966
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.