Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:35:21 AM
715418 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7761 Members
Latest Member: Artisanhme
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AVP fight scene « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AVP fight scene  (Read 3820 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 05, 2004, 07:17:35 AM »

I hope this isn't the best minute  of the movie. It looks pretty awesome and doesn't look like CG.

AVP Fight Scene

Post Edited (08-05-04 07:19)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
George
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 07:29:54 AM »

Maybe it isn't CG.  Maybe they got an actual Predator and Alien to fight. AWESOME!!

The movie looks fantastic.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 08:14:24 AM »

The bit at the start where the alien jumps on the predator looks like CGI - good CGI but the rest does seem to be pretty "real".

It's fairly cool but 2 things don't sit well with me. The stupidity of a Predator brawling with an alien (even if they are rookies) and the editing is still a bit too blink-oh-you-missed-it for my tastes.
Bheliom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 08:21:51 AM »

Nice, I like the scene... Can´t wait for the movie ;)

But maybe a mod should merge this thread with this one: http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=71553&t=71553

Don´t think we need 2 Threads for the same subject! ;)

"From the moon, come silver ghosts, spectres of the blood.
From my spirit comes the darkness.
From the void, the crimson fortress rises."
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 10:23:11 AM »

Don't have a command for merging them, that I see. The reason I did it separately is so everyone would see it .

Harry
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 12:03:48 PM »

The Brawling does make sense.  Remember, if you don't have a weapon, the predator won't use a weapon (let us not forget Arnold throwing down his gun to kick predator's ass with his bare hands)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 12:07:17 PM »

Looks good so far....I also cross my fingers and hope that isn't the best scene in the entire film.

Either way, I'm going to go see this on opening weekend.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 12:46:25 PM »

OK.  I'm officially excited about this movie now.
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 01:56:54 PM »

I told my husband that dinner will be late on 8-13-04. He has little interest in AVP,but I can hardly wait.
Dave Munger
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 07:26:02 PM »

Does anyone know what the Predator's motivation is supposed to be? Does he want the Alien for a trophy, or is he just trying to keep it from breeding and wiping out his favored prey? BTW, the Predator was ruined for me at the end of the first movie, when it activates the self-destruct and starts laughing like Santa Claus.
Bheliom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 02:11:08 AM »

Does he want the Alien for a trophy, or is he just trying to keep it from breeding and wiping out his favored prey?

Trophies for the main part. In the second PRedator movie i.e. there is a Alienhead in the cabinet with the other trophies, abord the predator ship.

If you now the comics, then you know that the "Alien" race was originally bred by the Predators, for creating new, more challanging prey. They also use them to train young pred´s.

;)

Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 06:53:16 AM »

I don't know about the Predators creating the Xenomorps, Bheliom - I mean, there isn't really much continuity on the subject , so it's misleading to suggest that there is one definitive and correct answer to the question of the Aliens origins because that's simply untrue.

And I hardly think that one can compare fighting a human to an alien in hand to hand.
Bheliom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 06:58:03 AM »

Then maybe though shalt be reading the comics ;)

trekgeezer

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 07:03:38 AM »

I read the plot to this a long time ago. The Predators were keeping the Aliens here  to use in a right of passage for their young hunters.  The humans who find the temple and start exploring it accidentally wake up the Alien queen and then the Predators show up.

Dave Munger
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 04:25:59 PM »

I consider the comics non-cannonical, since every I hear of a concept introduced by them, it sounds kind of dumb to me. Like the Aliens taking on traits of their hosts, or having been bred by the Predators. They'd breed monsters that exterminate their main prey? Part of my problem with #3 was introducing stuff from the comics into the movies. How long before the Alien vs Batman movie? Trek Geezer's synopsis intruigues me though.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AVP fight scene « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.