Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:00:17 PM
715251 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most obvious stunt doubles « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Most obvious stunt doubles  (Read 4167 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 06, 2003, 02:03:05 PM »

We have all witnessed scenes in movies where the actor has OBVIOUSLY been replaced by a stunt double. Many times, it is not extremely obvious, but other times the stunt double doesn't resemble the actor enough and it is REALLY obvious. (Mel Brooks did a good job of poking fun at this in SPACEBALLS).

Anyway, what are your favorite examples of scenes where the stunt double is REALLY OBVIOUS?

My favorite us from FREEBIE AND THE BEAN. There is a scene where James Caan is on a motorcycle doing wheelies and driving over the tops of cars. The camera gets too close a few times, and you can CLEARLY see that it is NOT James Caan, but a stuntman with a similar, curly haircut.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 02:19:34 PM »

T2, the motercycle jump scene, they did an ok job of making the stuntman look like Anrie but it didnt cut it.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
TC
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 03:09:42 PM »

I think one of the Dolemite movies had some hilariously obvious stunt doubles for Rudy Ray Moore, if I remember correctly.
Tranquil Featherman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 03:20:17 PM »

How about the big fight scene from "Jungle Goddess" between George Reeves and Ralph Byrd ooooooo that's a really obvious one! Just watched that one last night!

Robot Roll Call: (Come on, let's go)
Cambot (Pan left)
Gypsy (Hi girl)
Tom Servo (What a cool guy)
Croooow! (You little wisecracker)

Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 03:34:33 PM »

Saw "Them" last night.  The ants in the flamethower scenes were  obvious stunt doubles

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 03:50:57 PM »

In the end of Who Am I right before the big fight scene on the roof, the evil agent puts the gun to the back of Jackie's head.

Jackie turns around, and pulls the top piece of it off.  He then kicks the guy with a roundhouse.  The guy who gets kicked was balding through the entire film but when it shows the shot of him spinning from the kick and falling to the ground it's clearly an Asian man with a full head of hair!

Post Edited (08-06-03 15:51)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 05:37:34 PM »

the tiny June Kenny grabs a larger pirate and throws him over her shoulder into some kind of acid bath, well when she throws him over its obviously a stuntman wearing a wig, he even ducks behind th e bath to hide himself.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 05:54:54 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 06:54:33 PM »

I know this was done on purpose but in I'm gonna Git You Sucka when the mother comes into the diner and dishes out punishment it is obviously a white man with a moustache in a wig.  :)

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 08:47:17 PM »

When Bruce Lee was fighting Han in Enter The Dragon, the part in the last fight where he does a roundhouse and knocks him to the floor? If you slow it down, you can totally tell it is not Han, or even a stand-in actor - it's a WOODEN DUMMY!!!!
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2003, 10:20:55 PM »

My absolute favorite and the most obvious use of a stunt double ever is during the end of John Woo's Face/Off.  When Cage and Travolta are fighting each other on the boat and they both get catapulted off of the boat when they hit the shore, for some reason, the camera angle shows the two guys flying in the air from the front.  If you stop, watch it in slow motion, or simply watch the scene closely, it's so obvious that the two guys were stunt doubles.  I couldn't believe it.  I was cracking up for 5 straight minutes.  A fantastic movie, though.

Another obvious, yet not-so-known example is in the HK classic Righting Wrongs, with Yuen Biao and Cynthia Rothrock.  I don't know if Yuen is doubling for Rothrock, but there's a little asian man dressed up with a blond wig kicking ass some of the time for Rothrock, and it's just so obvious that it's hilarious.  This doesn't hurt the movie though; it's excellent.  One of HK's best offers, and that's saying something.

Nick
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2003, 10:29:52 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Kristy Swanson runs out of the gym after a vampire and grabs a motorcycle. The person riding it has a different build and I could swear I spotted a mustache!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 02:05:48 AM »

In RoboVampire, when Kidnapped American CIA Girl tries to escape the terrorists and jumps through the window of the church, it's quite apparent that her stunt double was a guy with a build like Jason Voorhees wearing a grey wig that looked nothing like the girl's actual hair.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
ad
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 04:11:39 AM »

Roger Moore and any James Bond movie - perhaps with the exception of Moonraker - that stunt man sure did look like Roger Moore.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 08:24:16 AM »

I have another one.

My OMEGA MAN dvd arrived in the mail yesterday. Charlton Heston's stunt double is obvious throughout the movie. ESPECIALLY during the scenes where he is riding a motorcycle. The stunt man tries desperately to duck his head and keep his face out of view of the camera, but it doesn't work very well. You can see clearly that it is not Heston.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most obvious stunt doubles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.