Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:11:07 AM
715417 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2125543 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1665 on: October 31, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »

I find all priests dull.  Wink

Even the one from Dead Alive?!   Buggedout

Ahh, well maybe he's the exception...  Wink

Only because he kicks arse for the Lord ! TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Cthulhu

« Reply #1666 on: October 31, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »

And what about Judas Priest? Lookingup
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1667 on: October 31, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »

And what about Judas Priest? Lookingup

Of course, Judas Priest too!  Smile

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1668 on: October 31, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »

RE-CYCLE [GWAI WIK] (2006):  Courting the supernatural for ideas for her next novel, a romance writer finds herself trapped in a surreal land of abandoned ideas (and people).  The incredible visuals make it worth seeing (particularly the horrific trip inside a cave-like womb festooned with fetuses), but it drags dramatically.  The anti-abortion sentiment makes it a novelty, a not-so-subtle message Hollywood would never greenlight.  Marketed as horror, but really more of a dark Alice-in-Wonderland style fantasy. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids

« Reply #1669 on: November 01, 2009, 11:55:10 AM »

RE-CYCLE [GWAI WIK] (2006):  Courting the supernatural for ideas for her next novel, a romance writer finds herself trapped in a surreal land of abandoned ideas (and people).  The incredible visuals make it worth seeing (particularly the horrific trip inside a cave-like womb festooned with fetuses), but it drags dramatically.  The anti-abortion sentiment makes it a novelty, a not-so-subtle message Hollywood would never greenlight.  Marketed as horror, but really more of a dark Alice-in-Wonderland style fantasy. 3/5.

This is one of my favorite movies   Thumbup   Its has a few scenes that reminded me of silent hill, the game not the lame movie.   Smile

My recent views..

Farmhouse~ a couple who have some issues have a car accident and find a "nice" couple in the house nearby. They are not what the seem, the nice couple or the ones who had the accident, terror and torture ensues..I enjoyed it. The plot is interesting and makes you question wth is going on, the acting isn't bad, and the ending while not a complete surprise was still kinda cool.  spoilers******************  one scene includes torture with a cheese grater... ouch.

The Tournament~ every 7 years the worlds best assassins met to compete for 10 million dollars. The last one standing wins. Its got tons of over the top action and blood. its good fun. Yes, its ridiculous, but sometimes I just want to sit down with a big bowl of popcorn and watch sh** getting shot up, blown up, and kick ass fighting scenes. This delivers. I loved it
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:56:50 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1670 on: November 01, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »

This is one of my favorite movies   Thumbup   Its has a few scenes that reminded me of silent hill, the game not the lame movie.   Smile

Some of the scenes and the atmosphere reminded me of the lame movie (which I kind of liked!)  Some of the cityscapes reminded me of THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN.  The visuals really are impressive, the story, less so (for me at least).

I re-watched PAN'S LABYRINTH and I'm willing to certify that it's a 5 star movie, and possibly even the best movie of the last decade. 

Doggett

« Reply #1671 on: November 02, 2009, 08:23:06 AM »

I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night.

There's a girl, Ofelia,  and her sick, pregnant mother in the middle of the Spanish Civil war who go to live with a army captain. This guy is bad to the bone, he cares not for Ofelia and only in his unborn son. She goes for a run in the woods were she encounters a faun who tells her she's a princess and and gives her three tasks to perform....

This film is lit brilliantly. The set design in great, the creatures wonderful, the performances top notch. The film never goes over the top with the fantasy, it always stays grounded. There's a constant feeling of menace around the Captain. You really get the feeling that this is a character that even smiling would require an awful lot energy. I also love the bitter sweet ending.

Rev's right. It is possibly the best film of the decade.

5/5

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1672 on: November 02, 2009, 09:33:38 AM »

I thought Pan's Labyrinth was moderately interesting, that's about it.  The Army Captain was by far the best part.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1673 on: November 02, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »

I was completely psyched and baffled to see a really nice print of Octaman on tv last night!  It was really cheap and stupid. I had read that it was made by the guy who did creature from the black lagoon or something.  he definately hadn't learned anything in the intervening 30 years and in fact appeared to have forgotten some things.  would make a superlative double bill with Rattlers.  Even in the 70's I don't see how people could have been stoned enough to have put up with it.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1674 on: November 02, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »

Castle in the Sky:  This is my favorite anime film hands down.  While I don't think it is the greatest one ever made, it is my favorite.  I had some great voice acting (Nothing beats Mark Hamill and Cloris Leachman), an epic and imaginative tale, impressive looking animation, and a great soundtrack.

Poltergeist: It was really one of my favorite horror movies of all time.  That sad part is that I don't really find it scary because when I watched, my mom (Who was also watching it with me), spoiled every scary scene by telling me ahead of time of what was going to happen.  Hatred

MST3 Verisons of Final Justice, Santa Claus Conquoers the Martians, Monster A Go-Go, Future War, The Giant Spider Invasion, The Giant Gila Monster, Hobogoblins, Manos: The Hands of Fate, and Werewolf.  I had a marathon this weekend.

Ghost in the Shell:  I haven't finished watching it yet, but it is very good.  The sci-fi world is amazing, the animation is incredible, and I got to admit, the violence is over the top and awesome.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett

« Reply #1675 on: November 03, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »

Poltergeist: It was really one of my favorite horror movies of all time.  That sad part is that I don't really find it scary because when I watched, my mom (Who was also watching it with me), spoiled every scary scene by telling me ahead of time of what was going to happen.  Hatred

HA !
 BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

My mum did the same !

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1676 on: November 03, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »

Swarmed (2005): A movie about genetically alterted wasps that go on a rampage and kill anyone barbequing or who happens to be around.  I am quite surprised, this isn't that bad of a movie!  The biology of wasps and the science is rather questionable, but it was an alright flick.  The most important thing I have learned is that a shotgun is perfect for killing just a single wasp.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1677 on: November 04, 2009, 12:06:53 AM »

Evil Dead 2 Thumbup

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1678 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »

Wild Things 2 -  Wild things 2 has got the same type of plot as the first one except not as good,  the same 3 way scene except not as good, and the actreses aren't as pretty. Most offensively, there is only one sex scene and it makes extensive use of body doubles.  If you really can't think of ANYTHING else to watch this isn't bad as the little plot does move along well enough however ridiculous it is (complelety ridiculous).  and unlike the first one you can't front like you are watching a real movie
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:06:13 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1679 on: November 05, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »

VOYAGE TO THE PLANET OF PRESHISTORIC WOMEN (): Three cosmo---I mean, ASTROnauts---travel to Venus to rescue two stranded comrades and their robot, and encounter dinosaurs while a coven of sexy Venusian mermaids tries to impede their progress by praying to their pterodactyl god.  This is the SECOND movie Roger Corman dubbed and recycled by combining footage of Soviet space opera and with inserts of American actors, and oddly it's both more ridiculous and more coherent than VOYAGE TO THE PREHISTORIC PLANET.  And Mamie van Doren is a big upgrade over Claude Rains!  Worth the watch for bad movie fans .  3/5.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.