Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:49:46 AM
715227 Posts in 53129 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123377 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2130 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »

If you like british gangster flicks, DEFINETELY watch " Lock, stock and two smoking barrels " + " Snatch "

I've got them.  TeddyR   LS&2SB is fantastic but snatch.. oh my, I love that movie.   Smile   I have a shelf just for British movies. im a weirdo, I know. One I have been trying to get but not having much luck is Daylight Robbery... more of a crime movie than gangster but I love it.

I remember another one: In Bruges It's not quite like Snatch but it is quite awesome  TongueOut

In Bruges is great. Im not a fan of Colin Farrell but he is really good in it and I adore Ralph Fiennes  Smile  one of my all time favorite exchanges... You f*****g retract that bit about my c*** f*****g kids! Brendan Gleeson replying.. I retracted it, didn't I? cracks me up.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Vik
« Reply #2131 on: April 05, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

If you like british gangster flicks, DEFINETELY watch " Lock, stock and two smoking barrels " + " Snatch "

I've got them.  TeddyR   LS&2SB is fantastic but snatch.. oh my, I love that movie.   Smile   I have a shelf just for British movies. im a weirdo, I know. One I have been trying to get but not having much luck is Daylight Robbery... more of a crime movie than gangster but I love it.

I remember another one: In Bruges It's not quite like Snatch but it is quite awesome  TongueOut

In Bruges is great. Im not a fan of Colin Farrell but he is really good in it and I adore Ralph Fiennes  Smile  one of my all time favorite exchanges... You f*****g retract that bit about my c*** f*****g kids! Brendan Gleeson replying.. I retracted it, didn't I? cracks me up.
Same  BounceGiggle I lolled at many parts of that movie. When he calls his wife an inanimous f*cking object for exemple  TeddyR
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:04:11 AM by Vik » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2132 on: April 05, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

LOREN CASS (2006): Three alienated teens do nothing much in 1997 in St. Petersburg, Florida; to make up for the dead time, every now and then the screen goes black and they read bad beatnik poetry or play clips of a rabble rousing sermon by a black preacher.  Also includes tasteless footage of a real life suicide by a city councilman for no good reason.  Dull and pretentious; the viewer will find it easy to understand why anyone trapped inside this movie would want to commit suicide.  0.5/5.    

DESTROY ALL PLANETS [AKA GAMERA VS. VIRAS] (1968): Two boy scouts help Gamera foil an alien invasion.  Typical cheesy fun from Japan's favorite fire-breathing flying turtle; to pad out the run time, two climactic battles from other Gamera films are shown in flashback.  I hadn't seen one of these kaiju movies in a long time, and even though the Gamera movies are fairly interchangeable it was still lots of fun. 3/5. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:39:26 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2133 on: April 05, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

The brain that wouldn't die
Epic. Awesome b-movie, one of my favourites I have seen so far. The monster in the closet at the end  Buggedout
4 Slimes, no doubt  Twirling

if you like that, then I recommend The Brain from Planet Arous- I feel that those two should have the same ratings.

yeah no.
Vik
« Reply #2134 on: April 05, 2010, 02:39:26 PM »

The brain that wouldn't die
Epic. Awesome b-movie, one of my favourites I have seen so far. The monster in the closet at the end  Buggedout
4 Slimes, no doubt  Twirling

if you like that, then I recommend The Brain from Planet Arous- I feel that those two should have the same ratings.

Sexy, I will check that out.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2135 on: April 05, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »

The Ring Two (2005): The young female reporter (Naomi Watts) and her young son from The Ring (2002) attempt to relocate to the country in hopes of getting on with their lives as normal. Things don't go as they planned with they find the evil Samara may have followed them.

The opening and closing sequences are the best parts of this movie. The middle feels way overlong and convoluted and even worse proves somewhat dull. There are some good chills and thrills here and there and they practically all involve Samara. When she's not playing as much a factor into our story, the film is well kind of boring. It moves away from the videotape premise of the first more into the realm of possession but it's very little we haven't seem done and done better before. I hated the completely unbelievable stuff with the CGI deers. Still I'll give it **1/2 out of ***** for Samara.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2136 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

Komodo VS Cobra.

As bad as it sounds.

3/10.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2137 on: April 06, 2010, 10:37:14 AM »

with you (2006)-  had seen some glowing reviews of this and was very dissapointed. The dialogue is of the type that while it seems as though they rehearsed it enough,  you can't possibly rehearse enough that it will actually work and be good. The writing is just dull and cliched.  It takes forever for the thing to get going. Maybe someone might see this as awesome slow building tension but I just thought it was an awful lot of awkward dialogue leading no place special.  2/5
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2138 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:10 PM »

The Ring Two (2005): The young female reporter (Naomi Watts) and her young son from The Ring (2002) attempt to relocate to the country in hopes of getting on with their lives as normal. Things don't go as they planned with they find the evil Samara may have followed them.

The opening and closing sequences are the best parts of this movie. The middle feels way overlong and convoluted and even worse proves somewhat dull. There are some good chills and thrills here and there and they practically all involve Samara. When she's not playing as much a factor into our story, the film is well kind of boring. It moves away from the videotape premise of the first more into the realm of possession but it's very little we haven't seem done and done better before. I hated the completely unbelievable stuff with the CGI deers. Still I'll give it **1/2 out of ***** for Samara.

You shouldn't waist Your time with this american fast food cinema! Watch the japanese originals. They are 10 times better. Special tip "Ring 0".
Vik
« Reply #2139 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

The Mangler

It is about a laundry machine killing people. You do the the math !  TeddyR  BounceGiggle  TeddyR
Vik
« Reply #2140 on: April 07, 2010, 04:04:16 AM »

Godzilla (1954)

Blew my mind !  TeddyR Cheers
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2141 on: April 07, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »

Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1983) - Richard Hatch and Kay Lenz are transported to a parallel universe.  That sounds exciting, doesn't it?  They basically travel to the hills around southern California.  They meet some weird people, like a guy in green makeup, a midget that's always trying to pull scams on them, and then John Saxon shows up as the evil ruler of the place.  He really likes Kay because she's blond.  Can't say I blame him.  So there's this big cheesy battle and stuff.  This is more or less a comedy, with all the fight scenes played for laughs.  I thought it was meant for kids, but it's got a bit of swearing in it.  Anyhow, it was kind of entertaining in a totally cheesy and silly way.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Vik
« Reply #2142 on: April 07, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »

Frankenstein meets the space monster

One of the best B-movies I have ever seen  Drink
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2143 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »

The Car (1977)
Small | Large

I had kind of avoided this movie because the title really said "turkey" to me for some reason. Then it occured to me that I LIKE turkeys so I checked it out. This is really a very typical drive in type movie that aims low and achieves what it needs to to keep vendor sales going. James Brolin and actually everyone in the movie are pretty annoying and you are more or less happy to see them offed by the "the Car" car (hehe). The only one who wasn't all that annoying was the guy who beats his wife in the middle of the street! so...really no one to cheer for here, especially not the lobotomized Sarah Silverman /Mary Tyler Moore as the love interest. Even the kids and the HORSES didn't get much sympathy from me. It badly needed some more nubile young eye candy and other decadence. It's very "we want this to be PG!"

At the same time, all the stuff with the Car is awesome and there is more and more of it as it goes. I accept "The Car". DVD reproduction quality is good 4/5
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:08:36 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Vik
« Reply #2144 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »

Barbarella: Queen of the galaxy

Haha, I just love this movie  Thumbup I love how she's travelling trough the galaxy boning everybody she wants  BounceGiggle
Great film  Lookingup
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.