Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:31:41 AM
715229 Posts in 53129 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123417 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3525 on: April 15, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »

Chloe (2009) -

It was on NetFlix streaming. Otherwise, I probably would never have seen it. I find Amanda Seyfried to be incredibly hot, so that was a motivation too.

It was okay. Not bad, and certainly not great. An erotic thriller starring Julianne Moore, Amanda Seyfried, and Liam Neeson. Nutshell synopsis: Julianne Moore suspects husband Liam Neeson of cheating. She meets callgirl Chloe (Amanda Seyfried) whom she hires to try and seduce her husband to see if he will cheat. Chloe falls in love with the wife and goes a little nuts.

The plot development was pretty good. Amanda Seyfried was smoking hot, even if her performance was middle of the road. While the plot development made the movie interesting, the last 20 minutes were a mess. The movie got kind of lost and disappointing. It wasn't a "bad" ending, per se, just not very interesting. I understand it was based on a novel so maybe that was sticking to the novel and it played better on the page than on film. I will give it credit for not pulling a "Fatal Attraction" style ending, so props for that. I just found that I was interested in the movie throughout, but the last 15-20 minutes left me saying "myeh."

3.5/5.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3526 on: April 15, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »

Superfuzz (1980) -Supah supaaaah! This is the best movie ever. Andrew reviews it. I saw it in my dorm freshman year and have wanted to see it again ever since. It is relentlessly stupid and fun if not actually witty. I was disappointed that the part with the theme from Candyland wasn't there. A thread here a thousand years ago I think explained it had somethign to do with Mattel or something.

Ernest borgnine is not Superfuzz but he is the partner of Superfuzz and there is great  Borgnine osity in this. The humor is cartoonish and ridiculous a la Argo man if not as straight up Jerry Lewis ish as, say, Bingo Bongo. DVD had previews for some Italian comedies I will not be checking out.

4.75 /5 would be 5 except no Candyland theme.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3527 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »

I noticed over the years when it comes to bad movies we both have seen, your opinion is usually the opposite from mine. It's like I'm in some weird Twilight Zone parallel world  Wink

Oh, I think you're probably the one in the normal world, I'm the one who's crossed over   TeddyR

I'll say this much for Witchboard though, I saw it umpteen years ago and I just had to see it again.  So it apparently has some subconscious hold on me   Smile
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:21:02 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pilgermann

« Reply #3528 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) - I hadn't watched this since my sophomore year in high school.  Back then I was too immature to appreciate it 'cause my memories weren't so fond.  I'm glad I gave it another go because it's one of the best films I've ever seen.  Even though it may appear to be tame compared to the carnage found in more recent war films, it's still powerful stuff.  Made me gasp and cringe as much as any movie, and while the message is delivered heavily, it's perfectly suitable for the subject in my opinion.  Nicely acted, and the cinematography is beautifully done.

Zombies of Mora Tau (1957) - Just finished watching this, and aside from a hysterical scene where a guy throws a candle stick at a zombified woman's head, it's horribly dumb and boring.  Don't watch it.

Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3529 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:07 AM »

Babes in Toyland (Laurel & Hardy), Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein and My Fair Lady. I was home alone, so I pretty much got to have a movie marathon, the TV all to myself....
I wish Netflix had Sons of the Desert, though. *sulks*

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3530 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »

MST3K: THE BEATNIKS: A young punk can't seem to extract himself from his gang after he gets his big break as a singer.  "These people aren't beatniks, they aren't even boatniks!" Tom observes, and he's right.  I'm guessing this was a juvenile delinquent script written earlier in the 1950s and they slapped the name "beatnik" on it because it was popular at the time.  The movie is terrible and the riffing just average; watching Peter Breck overact is most of the fun.  The host segments are funny enough, especially the "...you may not be a beatnik" sketch ("if you've ever said, 'I'll be right over after I clean up,' you might not be a beatnik").  Still, I find it a pretty average episode.  3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3531 on: April 16, 2011, 11:32:50 PM »

Total Recall- Oh, so fun!  Consider this a divorce!  Thumbup

Good Will Hunting- Dare I do it?  Dare I?  Oh, I'll go there.

Thumbdown

It's true.  I didn't like Good Will Hunting.  That film bored the crap out of me, and by the time I felt like I was supposed to care about Matt Damon's character, I had already decided I didn't like him.  Well directed, well acted, great dialogue, terribly boring story.  Oh, and I liked Robin Williams.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3532 on: April 17, 2011, 06:50:14 AM »

Transformers (2007) - Based on the toys and the cartoon. The first hour is everything I am looking for in an action movie. After that it goes down hill fast. It is worth noting that I never saw the cartoon as a kid so that may have something to do with it. 2 1/2 stars.

Juno (2007) -  Ellen Page stars as the title character, an independent-minded teenager confronting an unplanned pregnancy and the subsequent events that put pressures of adult life onto her. I'll admit it, this was a lot better then I thought it would be. This isn't the sort of film I normally like, but this was really good. 3 1/2 stars.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3533 on: April 17, 2011, 09:52:24 AM »

Good Will Hunting- Dare I do it?  Dare I?  Oh, I'll go there.

Thumbdown

It's true.  I didn't like Good Will Hunting.  That film bored the crap out of me, and by the time I felt like I was supposed to care about Matt Damon's character, I had already decided I didn't like him.  Well directed, well acted, great dialogue, terribly boring story.  Oh, and I liked Robin Williams.

Terrible, terrible movie.  Big  Thumbdown.

Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3534 on: April 17, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »

Harry & Tonto.
The second time in my entire life I've ever cried during a movie (and I sit through the Pixar films, It's a Wonderful Life and Titanic stone-faced, mind you).

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3535 on: April 18, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »

Deep Space (1988) - A satellite containing a top secret government experiment crashes on earth, and it's not long before the experiment (would you guess it's a monster?) starts killing people.  Two cops investigate the murders, and eventually track the critter to its lair for the big showdown (which involves a chainsaw  Thumbup ).  This was fun.   Likable, well developed characters, a sense of humor about it, a good dollop of cheese on the side.  Kind of slow moving through the first half, but eventually it picks up.  3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3536 on: April 18, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »

Citizen Kane (1941) - one of the most famous movies of all time. Orsen Welles masterpiece. Many consider this to be one of, if not the, best movies of all time. Certainly it is one of the most influential film of all time. As or what I think of Citizen Kane, the reputation it has as one of the best movies ever is certainly well deserved. While it is not one of my favorite films of ever, it was outstanding for what it is.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #3537 on: April 19, 2011, 12:43:19 AM »

Commando (1985) + Predator (1987) Blu-ray Double Feature

I couldn't imagine the 80s without Arnold. So glad he was there, so glad he made quite a few kick-ass movies. Watching both back to back was lots of fun.
As a whole, my rating shall be 5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3538 on: April 19, 2011, 06:45:31 AM »

Safety in Numbers (2006) - an Australian slasher film.  The cast of a Survivor-type reality show return to the tropical island where the show was filmed for a reunion episode.  When they arrive they're surprised to find no film crew about, and it's not long before the yacht they arrived on disappears and members of their group start to disappear.  I liked this.  The characters were well developed and likable, or unlikable as the case may be.  The plot wasn't anything special but for a slasher it was okay.  The twist ending was a big WTF? and I guess we're left to draw our own conclusions as far as what happened.  Oh well, I'll still give it a 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3539 on: April 19, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »

PICASSO TRIGGER (1985):  A South American crime lord hunts down the federal agents who killed his brother, but underestimates how difficult it is to take out ex-Playboy Playmates in hot pants.  Not the "best" of Andy Sidaris' spy-babe series, but the mix of casual T&A, preposterous action sequences and a confused plot make it a minor hoot.  3/5

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.