Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:13:24 PM
715206 Posts in 53127 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123209 times)
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3720 on: May 24, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

Taxi Driver (1976) - Took me long enough to get around to this film, but my goodness it's an amazing work.  Despite the character of Travis Bickle being psychotic, I empathized with him a great deal.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3721 on: May 25, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »

Dark Queen (2004) - pulled this out of the DVD collection last night.  A (totally hot) chemist is trying to find some chemical in the brain that's responsible for psychic powers.  She goes to an insane asylum to get a sample of brain fluid from a criminal that has these abilities.  But she's also lovelorn and so she ways WTF and drinks some of the chemical.  before long she's like some sort of evil villain and under the control of the criminal.  This is a fun little flick.  Ample T&A, more than ample silly/goofy/cheesiness, and the characters were really quite likable.  And well endowed.   4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3722 on: May 26, 2011, 07:09:09 AM »

Hip Hop Locos (2001) - I hate hip hop, but being the extremely open-minded guy that I am, I figured I give this a try.  (I paid a dollar for it as part of the Serial Psychos set).  There wasn't really any hip hop in it.  It's starts with 2 guys talking, for about 5 minutes, about how there's not enough Mexican rap in the world.  About half the words are either "sh!t" of "mother f***er";  it would be impossible for these people to speak otherwise.  So then we get about 10 minutes of what looks like security cam footage of a guy standing by his car.  Seriously - black and white, lines rolling across the screen.  This goes on forever.  Finally somebody shows up, checks out the guy's car, then there's a short fight and he steals the car.  Then we're in the car and he explains how he stabbed the mother f***er with a mother f***in' screwdriver.  Etc.  I saw absolutely no point in continuing to watch beyond that point.  This thing truly deserves its 1/10 rating on the IMDb.  As the sole reviewer over there says "No sane person can possibly sit through this one".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:12:44 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3723 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »

Hip Hop Locos (2001) - I hate hip hop, but being the extremely open-minded guy that I am, I figured I give this a try.  (I paid a dollar for it as part of the Serial Psychos set).  There wasn't really any hip hop in it.  It's starts with 2 guys talking, for about 5 minutes, about how there's not enough Mexican rap in the world.  About half the words are either "sh!t" of "mother f***er";  it would be impossible for these people to speak otherwise.  So then we get about 10 minutes of what looks like security cam footage of a guy standing by his car.  Seriously - black and white, lines rolling across the screen.  This goes on forever.  Finally somebody shows up, checks out the guy's car, then there's a short fight and he steals the car.  Then we're in the car and he explains how he stabbed the mother f***er with a mother f***in' screwdriver.  Etc.  I saw absolutely no point in continuing to watch beyond that point.  This thing truly deserves its 1/10 rating on the IMDb.  As the sole reviewer over there says "No sane person can possibly sit through this one".

Wow. I thought I was the only one who saw this pile of crap. Awful, awful movie. Heck, this doesn't even deserve to be named a movie.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3724 on: May 26, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »

Claws, that's TWO movies we've agreed on just in 2011 alone   BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3725 on: May 26, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »

Claws, that's TWO movies we've agreed on just in 2011 alone   BounceGiggle

woooo!  TeddyR

I own the same Serial Psychos set. I'm very fond of "Las Vegas Blood Bath" but we shall see how your rating will be  Wink
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3726 on: May 26, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »

THE PILLOW BOOK (1996): A beautiful woman is obsessed with inking characters on human flesh, making them into living books.  Gorgeous, painterly and sensual, with layered images and pictures framed inside of other pictures; it's a loving tribute both to calligraphy and to the nude human form, and would be a classic if only there was a story attached.  3.5/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3727 on: May 26, 2011, 05:32:52 PM »

Behind Locked Doors (1948) - like people in 1948, I watched this because Tor Johnson is in it. He plays a demented ex boxing champ who sometimes peers out of a solitary cell in the sanitarium where the story takes place.  He has a couple short scenes of him Tor Johnsoning around in there. The movie is a little below the normal Kino video standards as far as it's actual quality ie it's not that great but it looks fine. It's like an hour long. Some sort of corrupt judge is hiding out in an asylum. They don't reference why at anypoint except the begining maybe I don't know I don't usually really start paying attention till it gets going. The actors are okay. It's passably entertaining. What's between 3.5 and 3.75? I'm not good at math 3.6299999999999999999999? That's what I give it. NEXT
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3728 on: May 27, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »

Blood and Black Lace- Stylish, smart, enthralling... Oh, soooo good.  This is the first Bava movie I've seen, and I think I'm a fan.  Thumbup

Crawlspace- Cool bad guy, neat premise, boring movie.  Couldn't finish it.   Thumbdown

Started watching Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.  I stopped watching it, but not for lack of interest.  It seems like a promising bad title and has had some good goofy moments.  I'll probably finish it another day.  Right now I'm trying to pen a Saints Row review.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3729 on: May 27, 2011, 06:22:09 AM »

Space Mutiny (1988) - an MST3K favorite, but I watched the non-MST version.  For about the third time;  it's still just as funny.  On the Battlestar Galactica Southern Sun, the crew has been aboard for 15 generations, making a long voyage to some planet.  But the evil security guy decides it's taking entirely too long and plots a mutiny.  Hilarity ensues.  Heck, hilarity precedes as well.  It's not that every scene is so stupid, it's that every single detail of every scene is so stupid.  But in the best possible way  TeddyR  4.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3730 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »

Space Mutiny (1988) - an MST3K favorite, but I watched the non-MST version.  For about the third time;  it's still just as funny.  On the Battlestar Galactica Southern Sun, the crew has been aboard for 15 generations, making a long voyage to some planet.  But the evil security guy decides it's taking entirely too long and plots a mutiny.  Hilarity ensues.  Heck, hilarity precedes as well.  It's not that every scene is so stupid, it's that every single detail of every scene is so stupid.  But in the best possible way  TeddyR  4.5/5.

Space Mutiny is all sorts of awesome. It's #1 on my 400 best bad movies list at IMDb. Take a looksy  TeddyR http://www.imdb.com/list/TgLpAdTZOJo/
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3731 on: May 27, 2011, 12:10:30 PM »

Space Mutiny is all sorts of awesome. It's #1 on my 400 best bad movies list at IMDb. Take a looksy  TeddyR http://www.imdb.com/list/TgLpAdTZOJo/

Love it   Thumbup  I've seen quite a few of those, but I'll have to track down the missing ones  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3732 on: May 27, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »

The Amazing Mr. X (1948) - A woman is haunted by the death of her husband years after the fact, and while she's on her way to meet up with her soon-to-be fiance she encounters mysterious man named Alexis who professes to be a psychic.  The things he tells her convince her that he's the real deal, and she begins to visit him on a regular basis, much to the distress of her fiance who thinks that Alexis is a con man.

This is a really neat little film that's shot in a very beautiful way.  There's a nice otherworldly atmosphere, and the plot, while not too complex, is engaging and is not without its surprises.  The scor'es nice, too.  You can watch this for free online, but I got the Image Entertainment DVD, and although it has a lot of print damage, the picture's got great contrast and detail.

claws
« Reply #3733 on: May 28, 2011, 12:21:30 AM »

Horror of the Humongous Hungry Hungan (1991)

Diana - tormented by violent nightmares - is looking forward to a camping trip with friends but a disfigured maniac is awaiting their arrival in nearby woods.
Ridiculous is the best way to describe this horror cheapie. Originally titled The Hungan and filmed in rural Pennsylvania back in 1989, this science-made-monster/slasher hybrid is offering at times fun no budget cheese with a colorful cast of not very talented locals.
The Hungan creature is some guy with a bad mask and bad blonde wig sporting a Freddy Krueger-like claw while spitting green goo ever so often.
More stuff to look out for: going-away-camping party with hair metal band ("Cry Wolf"), excessive dancing, Pee-wee Herman impersonator, Bruce Springsteen 'Born in the U.S.A.' poster, Re-Animator rip off, Nightmare on Elm Street rip off, Evil Dead rip off, shirtless guys with bad mullets, 'beauties' with big hair, makes-no-sense Voodoo subplot, minor continuity errors, Jack Palance intro narration and outtakes during end credits.

Not a great bad movie but oozing with late 80s local charm and a few laugh out loud bad moments. 3.25/5 Cheese
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3734 on: May 28, 2011, 04:19:04 AM »

going-away-camping party with hair metal band ("Cry Wolf")

I must see this film!  TeddyR

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.