Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:07:53 PM
715210 Posts in 53127 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123216 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11520 on: June 03, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »

NAZI UNDEAD - I DVR'd this from one of my movie channels sometime back and watched it late last night.
More of a ghost story than a zombie movie; a young couple traveling encounter a house haunted by the ghosts of an SS officer and his family, whom he murdered.  Plot didn't make a lot of sense, but it was actually fairly creepy - maybe because I was watching it in the middle of the night!  3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11521 on: June 04, 2019, 03:34:02 AM »

NAZI UNDEAD - I DVR'd this from one of my movie channels sometime back and watched it late last night.
More of a ghost story than a zombie movie; a young couple traveling encounter a house haunted by the ghosts of an SS officer and his family, whom he murdered.  Plot didn't make a lot of sense, but it was actually fairly creepy - maybe because I was watching it in the middle of the night!  3/5

Was this another small cast, small set, dark, creepy, psychological things?

Here's a review:

https://voicesfromthebalcony.com/2019/02/22/nazi-undead-2018/

And whatever you do don;t watch "scarecrows of the third reich".  Buggedout
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:38:05 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11522 on: June 04, 2019, 09:06:58 AM »

More of a ghost story than a zombie movie; a young couple traveling encounter a house haunted by the ghosts of an SS officer and his family, whom he murdered.  Plot didn't make a lot of sense, but it was actually fairly creepy - maybe because I was watching it in the middle of the night!  3/5

Here's a review:

And whatever you do don;t watch "scarecrows of the third reich".  Buggedout

That describes it to a "T"!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11523 on: June 04, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »

Saw Godzilla KOTM. Pretty good despite changing godzilla from an avenging force unleashed on man by nature for messing up the world with atomic waste to mankind's big buddy. They sure improve ghodorah, his roar wasn't impressive but at least it didn;t sound like a 70's electronic ring tone.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11524 on: June 04, 2019, 12:25:54 PM »

Here's a review:

And whatever you do don;t watch "scarecrows of the third reich".  Buggedout

That describes it to a "T"!

Dunno if you've seen "the devil's rock" but maybe there's a chance you might like it.

BTW, if you notice the knife in this pic it''s not a mistake. That actually was a ww2 era combat knife? Looks like the blade's on wrong way? Yeah, looked that way to me to. it's not.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11525 on: June 04, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »

Cannibal! The Musical (1993). The first feat of arms of Trey Parker and Matt Stone before South Park fame. Dumb as rocks and extremely silly. Although it does have its moments, it is shows that it is not easy to make a 'so bad it is good' movie on purpose. It takes some dedication to sit through all of it. Their humour works better in animation than in live action.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11526 on: June 08, 2019, 02:24:36 PM »

RIFFTRAX: THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE: A small yacht gets lost in the Bermuda Triangle and everyone dies; the lost city of Atlantis, an evil doll and maybe aliens have something or other to do with it. An embarrassed John Huston chased a paycheck for this, it looks like a 70s TV movie, half the actors are dubbed, and it was directed by hack Rene Cardona Jr. (GUYANA: CULT OF THE DAMNED). The boys do OK with it but it's still mostly a soozer. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11527 on: June 08, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »

Disturbing donkey behavior (1998) - "paranoia paranoia everybody's out to get me..." remember that song? the line from grunge to the oughts goes right through this movie. The new kid in school notices something isn't right with the popular kids, like they're TOO perfect. You can tell how the story goes from there. I was lucky enough to see it on thistv so the swears were substituted with stuff like "He called you a putty head."

Decently dark teenage time waster. It doesn't do much with the concepts behind the plot (please don't compare this to Get Out ) but it has some nice touches here and there and is one of those movies you'll probably see sooner or later.

3.75/ 5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11528 on: June 09, 2019, 07:10:28 AM »

"A Dog's Way Home" (2019)
Separated from her beloved humans, a determined pup travels across a vast wilderness to get "home" again. During her long journey she has numerous adventures and meets many new friends (both human and animal).
This four legged family friendly adventure treads mostly familiar ground ("Homeward Bound," anyone?) but the dog (whose "voice" is narrated by Bryce Dallas Howard) is adorable and the flick is suitably schmaltzy in all the right places. Based on a book by the author of "A Dog's Purpose," but thankfully this movie isn't nearly as tear-jerking as that one (i.e. no dogs die in it).Two paws up.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11529 on: June 10, 2019, 06:29:50 AM »

The Ward (2010)

An institutionalized young woman becomes terrorized by a ghost.

The last entry from my favorite director, John Carpenter, was an engaging and fast paced flick. Of course, being one of those independant films from Carpenter, it got trashed into oblivion, but I thought it was good. Not really scary tho, it can't even shine the shoes of classics like In the Mouth of Madness or Prince of Darkness, but still nicely shot and with a plot that hooks you right up. The scene where the girls are dancing and the light goes off was particularly good, in my opinion. The shower scene was also quite effective, although he used too many jump scares, something that Carpenter doesn't really need, but I guess he really is getting too old for this s**t.

Final score: 3.5/5  Thumbup

The first part of the movie reminded me a lot to El Espinazo del Diablo, an amazing spanish movie that I throughly recommend. But the twist at the ending, which was well made, brought me another movie to my mind, and it really p**sed me off...

SPOILER ALERT

Basically, the whole "characters created with her own mind" is the same concept than Split, which got praised ad nauseam just because it's made by M. Night Shyamalan the MAZTER OF PLOT TWISTS OMG. I believe there was another movie with the same plot but it's not the fact that it's a used idea that bothers me, it's that Carpenter seems to get all the hate just because he likes to do his own stuff. Hollywood sucks. /rant over
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:57:24 AM by Gabriel Knight » Logged

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11530 on: June 10, 2019, 07:48:04 AM »

MANGOSHAKE (2018): Microbudget postmodern comedy about a group of teens in their twenties hanging out in the suburbs, running a stand that sells mango shakes, and a rival who sets up a stand selling ramen noodles. Director Terry Chiu has some ideas in this attempt to deconstruct/savage coming-of-age movies, but the non-acting and the goofy but ineffective sense of humor don't add up to much, sadly. 1.5/5.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11531 on: June 10, 2019, 08:16:42 AM »

but the non-acting and the goofy but ineffective sense of humor don't add up to much, sadly. 1.5/5.

That's what someone said about me when they tried to cast me in a movie  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11532 on: June 10, 2019, 01:11:27 PM »

but the non-acting and the goofy but ineffective sense of humor don't add up to much, sadly. 1.5/5.

That's what someone said about me when they tried to cast me in a movie  Wink

Too bad, you were just what they were looking for in MANGOSHAKE!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11533 on: June 10, 2019, 11:06:40 PM »

MOLLY'S GAME - Former Olympic skier is arrested by the FBI for running a high stakes poker game for the rich and powerful.  Despite their best attempts to get her to dish the dirt on her players, she keeps her silence and faces the music.  Actually much better than I thought it would be. 3.5/5

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11534 on: June 11, 2019, 01:27:13 AM »

The Snarling: A British made werewolf film, set around the troubled production of a zombie film in a small village. Trouble is, like many British comedies it just isn't funny. I think it would have worked better as a TV show than a full-length film

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.