Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:00:57 PM
715211 Posts in 53127 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123247 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11715 on: October 16, 2019, 02:33:10 PM »

"Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks" (1976)
Dyanne Thorne returns as the blonde, big boobed sadist in this pseudo-sequel to "Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS," which takes place in an unnamed Middle Eastern country in the '70s present day. This time Ilsa's working in the palace of a ruthless sheik, in charge of the harem girls. She keeps them in line with regular beatings and torture while dabbling in a little human trafficking on the side. However, her loyalty is put to the test when a studly envoy from the U.S. arrives -- supposedly to discuss oil rights with the sheik, but he's really there to bring about a regime change.
This one's not quite as horrifically sicko as the original "Ilsa" -- you won't feel like you need a shower when it's over -- but there's still plenty of over the top violence and gore, nudity, humiliation and sleaze.
The people who made the "Ilsa" movies definitely had some issues, but hey, I watched it, so I guess I have issues too. (Shrugs)

I saw an article with the actress who played Ilsa. You can now get married by her in full Ilsa regalia if I remember correctly.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11716 on: October 16, 2019, 03:55:42 PM »

"Beware of Mr. Baker" (2012)
The recent passing of Cream/Blind Faith drum legend Ginger Baker led me to check out this intriguing documentary about the man, which details his long and interesting career as one of the most influential and in-demand rock and jazz drummers of his generation... even though, by all accounts, he was an utterly miserable bastard to pretty much everyone he ever came into contact with. Lots of cool stories and comments from friends, bandmates, and fans like Eric Clapton, Lars Ulrich, Neil Peart, Jack Bruce, and many more. An interesting profile of a unique individual.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11717 on: October 16, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »

"The Rig" (2010)
While the crew of an offshore oil rig deals with a raging tropical storm outside, they're being picked off one by one by a p**sed off undersea carnivore that was disturbed by their drilling.
This creature flick has a promising (though not terribly original) premise and a cool setting, but it's slow moving, talky and the monster FX are unimpressive at best.
AVOID.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11718 on: October 18, 2019, 08:11:28 AM »

DIAMANTINO (2018): A right-wing political party tricks a simpleminded Portuguese soccer star as its spokesman. With visions of puppies, an adopted refugee who's actually a government spy, and hermaphroditic side effects of a cloning project, this political satire gets pretty wild by the final act; it's too bad it ultimately wusses out, ending up gentle and kindhearted when it needed to be mean and savage. 3.5/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11719 on: October 18, 2019, 12:23:30 PM »

"The Rig" (2010)
While the crew of an offshore oil rig deals with a raging tropical storm outside, they're being picked off one by one by a p**sed off undersea carnivore that was disturbed by their drilling.
This creature flick has a promising (though not terribly original) premise and a cool setting, but it's slow moving, talky and the monster FX are unimpressive at best.
AVOID.

If only you'd warned me about this one before I bought it a few years back lol.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11720 on: October 20, 2019, 07:33:43 AM »

"Madison County" (2012)
College kids researching for their senior thesis visit a small, backwoods town famed for an unsolved murder years before. When they start poking into the mystery, they encounter unfriendly locals and eventually meet an axe-wielding slasher in a pig mask.
Predictable hillbilly horror that takes forever to get anywhere and doesn't have a single original idea.
AVOID.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11721 on: October 20, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

SUCKER PUNCH (2011) - One of my all time favorite movies was playing again on cable last night, so I watched it in all its steampunk glory for at least the tenth time.  Surreal, trippy, vivid, exhilarating, and sad at the same time, Zach Snyder's girl-power fantasy epic struck a chord deep in my heart the first time I saw it, and the spell has never faded.  Perfection from start to finish!  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11722 on: October 20, 2019, 10:31:21 AM »

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark. Not being familiar with this series I was expecting more or less Goosebumps the movie. What I got was something much darker and better than I was expecting. I don't know how much of my enjoyment was down to that surprise but I did find I liked it much more than I would have otherwise.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11723 on: October 20, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »

"Time Bandits" (1981)
A bored English school kid joins a troop of time traveling dwarves who've stolen a map of "holes" in the fabric of the universe and are using them to steal valuables from throughout history. In their travels they meet Napoleon, Robin Hood, King Agamemnon, and eventually the Supreme Evil, who of course has his own nefarious plans for the map.
Terry (Monty Python) Gilliam's imaginative fantasy/adventure flick is very strange, but it's certainly never dull, with lots of charming old-school special effects and loaded with Gilliam's trademark cool/bizarre visuals and set designs. I hadn't seen this flick since I was a kid and I had loads of fun revisiting it.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11724 on: October 20, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »

"The Banana Splits Movie" (2019)
The vaguely-creepy late 60s kid's show gets a 21st century horror reboot, as a dysfunctional family attends a taping of the "Banana Splits Show." Unbeknownst to the studio audience, however, the show is about to be cancelled, which sends the animatronic "Splits" characters into murderous overdrive. Gory hilarity ensues.

Yeah, I know it's little more than a thinly veiled "Five Nights at Freddy's" ripoff but it's loud, dumb n gory fun.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11725 on: October 21, 2019, 05:14:27 AM »

"Time Bandits" (1981)
A bored English school kid joins a troop of time traveling dwarves who've stolen a map of "holes" in the fabric of the universe and are using them to steal valuables from throughout history. In their travels they meet Napoleon, Robin Hood, King Agamemnon, and eventually the Supreme Evil, who of course has his own nefarious plans for the map.
Terry (Monty Python) Gilliam's imaginative fantasy/adventure flick is very strange, but it's certainly never dull, with lots of charming old-school special effects and loaded with Gilliam's trademark cool/bizarre visuals and set designs. I hadn't seen this flick since I was a kid and I had loads of fun revisiting it.

By one hell of a coincidence, I am watching this same movie right now.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11726 on: October 21, 2019, 07:22:39 AM »

VAMPIRES (1998)

Recovering from an ambush that killed his entire team, a vengeful vampire slayer must retrieve an ancient Catholic relic that, should it be acquired by vampires, will allow them to walk in sunlight.

Another underrated Carpenter's movie, VAMPIRES is pure fun from start to finish. While I didn't like the overuse of slow motion montages of vampires running around killing people or dying, and it has some really stupid plot turns, the rest is nothing but campy awesomeness. James Woods is clearly having a blast with his role, and that translates to the screen, because you will cheer for this piece of s**t anti-hero all the time. The gore is plenty, ridiculous, and cartoony, as it should be.

Recommended even for those who don't particularly enjoy vampires flicks, like me. 8/10  Thumbup

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11727 on: October 21, 2019, 08:09:21 AM »

The Night Eats The World. Guessing this is a French movie. Zombie flick about a guy waking up after a party and finding Paris is overrun with the undead. He makes himself more or less safe in an apartment block, but how will he handle being alone? As much a character study as a zombie flick.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11728 on: October 21, 2019, 10:59:57 AM »

HAGASUZZA: A HEATHEN'S CURSE (2017): Albrun tends her goats alone in a mountain cabin, taking care of her baby and haunted by memories of her mother, until a wrong by a villager leads to tragedy for all. Super-slow-paced, with almost no dialogue, and ambiguously supernatural, this chilling peasant Gothic tale is dry as a bone and emanates an aura of primitive evil. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11729 on: October 21, 2019, 05:01:22 PM »

Killer Sofa. Over the years I've seen a fair few horror movies from down under. Starting with Alison's Birthday, Bad Taste and then catching up with some 80's offerings like Razorback or Death Warmed Up and even a few more modern offerings such as The Last of the Living, Devils Rock and Black Sheep. This is a movie from New Zealand about a Jewish spirit possessing a recliner along with some voodoo thrown in. It joins a long list of horror films I've seen involving inanimate objects (Rubber, Maximum Overdrive, I Bought I Vampire Motorcycle, Boogyman to name a few). It is far from the worst of any of the films I've seen that fit into these categories, and even manages to have a couple of shots that might be creepy if you are in the right mood. The chair looks a bit rediculous though rather than menacing, which lets face it would be tough sell anyway. It's alright if you are in the mood for something less than serious.

Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.