Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:39:58 PM
715408 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top Ten Worst Directors « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Top Ten Worst Directors  (Read 14256 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »

One name that comes up a lot, which I disagree with, as a 'bad director': Kevin Smith. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »

Three words people: Fred  Olen  Ray

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »

As long as M. Night Shamalan gets his just deserts, I could care less about all the Uwe Boll's and Michael Bay's out there. There is not a single film he's made that I find engaging, well, maybe The Happening is so damn horrible it's hilarious, still...hate that guy.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »

Ted V Mikels,anyone?
He's the genuis(?) behind ASTRO ZOMBIES,the CORPSE GRINDERS,BLOOD ORGY of the SHE DEVILS and lots more.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 02:36:39 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: How about Earl Owensby?

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »

A recent exchange with Indy over Godzilla made me revive this thread.

I am almost tempted to say that Roland Emmerich may even be a worse director than Ewe Boll. I am utterly convinced that Emmerich DOES NOT know how to direct actors. I get the feeling his philosophy is "you're an A-list star, right? You know how to act, right? Okay...ACTION!" or "Okay, there's crazy s**t happening around you...ACTION!"

If you took Emmerich's A-list casts away from him and reduced his budgets by, say, 50%, you would have The Core.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
muckhappy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »

I know that this may be considered blasphemy but I have to nominate George Lucas in tems of being a horrible director.   The new star wars trilogy should be evidence enough of that.
akiratubo

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »

I am almost tempted to say that Roland Emmerich may even be a worse director than Ewe Boll. I am utterly convinced that Emmerich DOES NOT know how to direct actors. I get the feeling his philosophy is "you're an A-list star, right? You know how to act, right? Okay...ACTION!" or "Okay, there's crazy s**t happening around you...ACTION!"

For all the proof of that you need, just look at Matthew Broderick in Godzilla.  It's obvious the man had absolutely no idea what his character should be doing.  I believe the "deer in the headlights" thing he had going on was actually the way he was feeling for the entire shoot, not just a character quirk.  The only good performances in the movie came from Hank Azaria, who has years of experience with improv and creating characters from scratch, and Jean Reno, who is an old pro and classy enough to carry a performance with nothing but his own personality.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:25:35 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »

For all the proof of that you need, just look at Matthew Broderick in Godzilla.  It's obvious the man had absolutely no idea what his character should be doing.  I believe the "deer in the headlights" thing he had going on was actually the way he was feeling for the entire shoot, not just a character quirk.  The only good performances in the movie came from Frank Azaria, who has years of experience with improv and creating characters from scratch, and Jean Reno, who is an old pro and classy enough to carry a performance with nothing but his own personality.

I can concur with that.  Jean Reno was the best one in Godzilla since he was amusing and fun enough to watch during the entire thing.  He certianly had the charm to pull himself through the film, unlike some others...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »

I know that this may be considered blasphemy but I have to nominate George Lucas in tems of being a horrible director.   The new star wars trilogy should be evidence enough of that.

he also did Howard the Duck

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
akiratubo

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »

That was directed by Willard Huyck.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 07:36:19 PM »

That was directed by Willard Huyck.

now that I think about it more Lucas produced it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
muckhappy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »

The scene in Revenge of the Sith When Darth Vader breaks from the table and yells "Noooooo" was just terrible.   And in his infinite wisdom George felt it necessary to add it to the Blue Ray version of Jedi.  just terrible.
66Crush
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »

To be honest not everything Michael Bay has produced or directed is terrible. I like a few of his films especially "Unborn." I'm probably one of only two people who like his remake of "The Hitcher" and even if you don't like the movie, the cast were all great.
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 04:46:33 AM »

I seriously despise Tim Burton for Batman I would much prefer the person in charge of an adaption to at least be passingly familiar with the source material. He, like Oliver Stone, seems to believe he is God's gift to cinema. I beg to differ.

Christopher Nolan.

The only good movie he's done was Memento.  Everything else, including the Batman films were total garbage in my opinion.

Don't agree. I loved Inception, and while I'm not a huge fan of his Batman movies, I don't think they're bad. I also don't think he meets the criteria of a bad director like Uwe Boll does, outside of pure subjectivity. However, I while I disagree with what you have said, I will still defend to the death you right to say it.  Wink

I love the Voltaire quote.

I know that this may be considered blasphemy but I have to nominate George Lucas in tems of being a horrible director.   The new star wars trilogy should be evidence enough of that.

Star Wars. The Empire Strikes Back. Revenge of the Jedi. Together, a great trilogy. A collaborative project, I believe it would have sucked utterly if Lucas had had the final say on everything within. When you hear about the things people convinced him to change or do differently, you start to get the impression that Lucas had a great seed fed by his love of science fiction and samurai movies which was mostly nurtured to what it became by the crew and the film's excellent casting. Unfortunately, when you get famous and popular enough and get more credit than you're due, you end up getting final say on everything, a convoluted story that ultimately doesn't make sense and the huge budget that tends to stifle special effects creativity that made your previous films special and impressive. Cue Star Wars prequels.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:52:01 AM by the Rev. J. Darkside » Logged

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top Ten Worst Directors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.