Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:27:13 PM
714845 Posts in 53109 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings, Part 2  (Read 618201 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3735 on: May 04, 2024, 07:58:41 AM »

fellow (!) actress-of-certain-age Sally Field, who I also recently objectified lasciviously in the Farmland Horror thread.

well in your defence, started it. :)

fair play for enduring an entire movie length dose of Harry Styles... thanks to a certain work colleague I was subjected to his album Harry's House on a daily basis last year, but I'm slowly getting over it

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3736 on: May 04, 2024, 10:18:57 AM »

In defense of all of us, she was asking for it by being a foxy nun.  hot

No no, I jest of course.  Lookingup    Happy to hear about your "Harry's House" recovery.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3737 on: May 04, 2024, 12:51:00 PM »

Star Wars Episode I. The Phantom Menace.

I thought, you know what. It's been 25 years. Let's watch it again and reevaluate it.

Yeah, still s**t.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3738 on: May 04, 2024, 03:04:13 PM »

MST3K: THE SPACE CHILDREN: A blob from space takes over the minds of kids at a military base to sabotage a rocket launch. At Castle Forester, Pearl is trying to install a teleconferencing system, then launch Bobo into space. There's also a short from 1962 where they demonstrate advanced telephone technology like primitive pagers and call waiting, stuff that they could apparently do back then but wouldn't become common for a couple of decades. Overall, with a short and a black-and-white sci fi film, this scifi era show feels more like a comedy central era show. It's forgettable, and I'm not too upset that, for whatever reason, they weren't able to get the rights to release it on physical media. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3739 on: Today at 05:59:48 AM »

City Hunter (2024)

What if John Wick had a serious sexual obsession and is tasked with protecting a sexy cosplayer to prevent a shady syndicate from turning her into a superweapon.

I was only vaguely aware of the original manga/anime, so I don't know how many liberties they have taken with the source material, nor do I care. This is simply silly fun. Contrary to the Cowboy Bebop adaptation, where they tried to make it grim and edgy, this movies leans into the silliness of it all and runs with it. Ryohei Suzuki is having the time of his life as the lead and carries the movie single handedly. None of the other cast really register much, but they are decent enough. The plot is even remarkably coherent for a manga adaptation.

Recommended

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3740 on: Today at 07:39:04 AM »

"Burial Ground" (aka "Nights of Terror," 1981)
Three couples arrive at a secluded Italian villa for a weekend of fun and fornication, which is rudely interrupted by a horde of gut munching zombies unleashed from an archeological dig on the property. Yes, that's the entire plot.

This nonsensical Italian gore fest is best known for the casting of 25 year old midget Peter Bark as a creepy 12 year old kid who has an unhealthy fixation on his boob-a-licious Mom. This eventually leads to the film's most notorious scene, which I will not spoil, but it made me say, " Damn, I can't believe they went there."

"Burial Ground" is definitely not a "good" movie by any means, but it's a fun watch if you're simply in the mood for some mindless splatter.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3741 on: Today at 12:11:31 PM »

^ My favorite Italian zombie film!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3742 on: Today at 12:24:01 PM »

^ My favorite Italian zombie film!

I just watched the trailer of that on YouTube: sleeping with the light on tonight for sure 😳😉

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jim H

« Reply #3743 on: Today at 03:10:40 PM »

Late Night With The Devil - Mostly consists of a live broadcast where a 70s talk show host brings on a supposedly possessed little girl - also intercut with "behind the scenes" footage and a few sequences that are just for the audience.  Well-made, well-acted, good characters.  David Dastmalchian is one of the best character actors working today, love that guy.  Feel like this sub-genre needs a name (live broadcast gone wrong), there's at least four of them now, Deadstream, Late Night With the Devil, Ghostwatch, and the WNUF Halloween Special.  It's a sub-sub genre, of found footage I guess, but they have their own uniqueness to them.  Ghostwatch is still the best, and the original as far as I know, but they're all good!

The Beekeeper - This is one of those "what it says on the tin" type of movies, but it's a well made one.  If you miss 90s style dumb, violent action movies, this is what you've missed.  A super badass guy has someone close to him hurt, and he takes it to the top killing everyone in the way.  Very well paced in particular, and not overly long. 

Point in fact, this feels like it was cut heavily to reduce the running time, one bad guy in particular (a stereotyped Afrikaner and his buddies) comes out of nowhere but has enough dialogue seems like his introduction must have been chopped out.  But it was probably the right call, as most of the character stuff isn't great.  In particular, the cop tailing Statham is blah and not very well acted, and gets some bad dialogue.  But just seeing scumbags get chopped up and shot, you'll get that with decently entertaining action sequences and a pace that doesn't stop for much.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent Viewings, Part 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.