Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:25:15 PM
715372 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124651 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3570 on: April 25, 2011, 03:15:04 PM »

I liked Pandorum, but Eden Log did nothing for me.  Incredibly boring film

In essence, I agree.  Where I think both had a fault is they introduced ideas that were not explored to their fullest potential. 

Ah, the good old days.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3571 on: April 25, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

* THE LONG, HOT SUMMER with Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Orson Welles, Anthony Franciosa, and Lee Remick.

* ATLAS IN THE LAND OF THE CYCLOPS with Gordon Mitchell, Chelo Alonso, and Aldo Bufi Landi.

How's that for a double feature?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3572 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:17 PM »

Blazing Saddles. Vintage Mel Brooks. 5 stars. Perhaps the best comedy movie ever made.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #3573 on: April 26, 2011, 12:02:17 AM »

Grizzly Park (2008)

Silly but enjoyable Horror with moments of humor that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. Fun cast of 'juvenile delinquents' though, doing community work at some park in California and getting killed by a hungry grizzly bear. The first half is pretty solid and dead on but it runs out of steam during the gory final act. 3.75/5 Cheese
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3574 on: April 27, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »

Mugabe and the White african (2009) - This is kind of BBC ish and if it were America it would be on current tv and be like 1/3 shorter at least. It lollygags and I guess that's okay but the whole thing is kind of you have to just accept that this is gonna take a while.

This old white dude is a farmer in Zimbabwe. Why? Why the hell would anyone want to be a farmer in Zimbabwe? So Mugabe is always trying to evict him and terrorize him. It's not pretty. He has a court case and there is some kind of international court...or something. On one hand, you can see that "the white man" isn't very popular in Africa and it's no surprise they are being driven out. On the other hand, he is a guy who bought the farm recently, employs a ton of Zimbabweans there and ...what's the problem? It's all politics. Mugabe wants to make political points by standing up to these white people, at the same time, look at what a mess he's made of the country.

So it's complicated. My take was: get out of Zimbabwe. That was not the take of the white farmers profiled here. I don't know if there is any point to what they are doing but they are doing it.

4/5
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:35:07 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #3575 on: April 27, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »

Clerks - Clerks is a 1994 independent comedy film written and directed by Kevin Smith, who also appears in the film as Silent Bob. Starring Brian O'Halloran as Dante Hicks and Jeff Anderson as Randal Graves, it presents a day in the lives of two store clerks and their acquaintances. Clerks was the first of Smith's View Askewniverse films. It introduces several characters, notably Jay and Silent Bob, who reappear in his later works. Sadly this wasn't has funny as it was to me the first time I saw it 5 years ago. It's still a good movie but it looks like it no longer has a spot on my favorite films. 3 out of 5 stars.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #3576 on: April 28, 2011, 03:19:13 AM »

2001: A Space Odyssey - boy oh boy. This bored me to death. During the first 10 minutes of the film I could feel myself starting to fall asleep. The only interesting things in the movie to me was when Hal killed someone and attempted to kill someone else. This film is so boring that I can't remember the names of the characters. The lack of dialogie didn't help with that either. However, I found it really funny when Hal's memory was being taken away and he kept regressing to his beginning stages. I didn't like the ending. The effects were ok. I ended up taking about 3 hours worth of breaks during 2001: A Space Odyssey because I was determined to finish it. 0 out of 5 stars.
Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown

claws
« Reply #3577 on: April 28, 2011, 04:12:06 AM »

Hardware (1990) Blu-ray

Personal fave of mine. Apocalyptic sci-fi with thrilling scenes robo-terror and (finally thanks to the Blu-ray release) unrated blood squirting. 4.5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3578 on: April 28, 2011, 06:35:03 AM »

Plaguers (2008) - Some bad actors on a plywood spaceship have acquired some alien device that they think they might be able to sell.  They get a distress call from another ship, and find a half dozen babes in mini skirts (think Star Trek:  The Original Series).  Turns out these babes are actually space pirates or something.  One of them gets some green goo shot on her from the alien thingie, and soon enough people are turning into zombies.  So, basically an alien ripoff except with space zombies.  Too bad the directing, acting and writing are all a couple notches below what I'd expect even from a low budget Alien ripoff.  And no eye candy either  Question  I can't believe they hired these people for their acting skills. 

Oh well, I ordered the DVD of this before I'd even finished watching it, so I guess I have to give it a 4/5 at least.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3579 on: April 28, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

CODEX ATTANICUS (1995-1999):  An anthology of three underground surrealist stories from Spanish director Carlos Atanes.  One involves a nightmare bar with an S&M stage show; the second (the best and funniest) concerns the director trying to finish making his own movie without hanging himself in despair; the third reolves around and expatriate returning to Spain ends up with a drawn-out melee/orgy on some metal stairs.  Let's face it, although there's blood and nudity, with no storylines these aren't going to appeal to many people.  They are very well shot and acted considering the low budget, but the transfer from video to DVD-R leaves lots of glitches.  I'd say the three segments average out to 1.5/5 stars, though you could go as high as 2.5/5 for the middle one. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3580 on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »

Pretty good flicks.  Frightmare (1974) is a British flick about a cannibalistic old Granny living in a farm house where she reads tarot cards to potential dinner victims, and The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) is one of Vincent Price's most memorable flicks, where an man whose wife died when 9 doctors failed to save her gets revenge by visiting 9 biblical plagues on said doctors.  Highly recommended if you've not seen them.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3581 on: April 29, 2011, 07:01:02 AM »

The Resurrected (1992) - A guy inherits a chest and finds some ancient scientific stuff inside.  So he sets up a lab and soon becomes consumed with his work, to the exclusion of all else.  His wife is worried about him so she hires a private detective to investigate.  He learns that the guy is trying to bring the dead back to life.  Eek!  I really liked this.  A fairly involving plot, good characters, and really icky creatures.  Very cool overall.  4.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3582 on: April 29, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »

The Resurrected (1992) - A guy inherits a chest and finds some ancient scientific stuff inside.  So he sets up a lab and soon becomes consumed with his work, to the exclusion of all else.  His wife is worried about him so she hires a private detective to investigate.  He learns that the guy is trying to bring the dead back to life.  Eek!  I really liked this.  A fairly involving plot, good characters, and really icky creatures.  Very cool overall.  4.5/5.

Finally a movie we agree on  Wink Thumbup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3583 on: April 29, 2011, 08:16:17 AM »

Finally a movie we agree on  Wink Thumbup

Hey that only took about 3 years  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #3584 on: April 29, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »

The Producers (1968) - The Producers (1968) is an American satirical dark comedy film written and directed by Mel Brooks according to wikipedia. The film is set in the late 1960s and it tells the story of a theatrical producer and an accountant who want to produce a sure-fire Broadway flop. They take more money from investors than they need and plan to abscond to Brazil after opening night, only to see the plan improbably go awry. This film is not funny at all. It's offensive as all hell. Maybe this passed as being funny back then but this is unusually bad today. I hated it.  Max Bialystock is in unlikeable jackass who spends most of the film bullying Leo Bloom. There is nothing I liked about this movie. 0 out of 5 stars.  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.