Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:44:19 PM
715226 Posts in 53129 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Warning From Space (1956) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warning From Space (1956)  (Read 1059 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: September 14, 2004, 10:15:48 PM »

WARNING FROM SPACE (1956) - You'll like this Japanese Sci-Fi/Horror with aliens that look like human size starfish with a big eye in the middle. You have to see the aliens talking amoungst themselves at the beginning of the film. They come to earth to warn us about an approaching planet that seems much more like a Sun as it gets closer the tempetures rise, the weather goes crazy, animals start to die off, and the people evacuate Tokyo. Not sure why they are madly rushing to leave the city as this is a very large Solar object that will destroy the entire planet if it hits. Again great stuff from Japan.

Yaddo42
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 06:37:11 AM »

Looking at the starfish thing, and reading about the aliens talk amongst themselves, are they seated around a large table in pairs, like at some kind of conference? I haven't seen this but if that's the scene I'm thinking of, then I've seen part of the "conference" used in various commercials. I guess it stands out and is fairly cheap to use.
Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:58:17 AM »

Actually in this film they are stranding in conference. The star outfits are hilarious ! The poster misrepresents the size. They are really only human size and they later take on human form to warn humanity.

Yaddo42
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 04:17:38 PM »

That seems to be the same one. One commercial had fake subtitles for the film crossed out with the message for the real ad "written" in on top of it. I think it was something like an Ad Council PSA about recycling, trying to say they were so commited to recycling that they were even recycling this old movie to make the commercial. While I liked the ad, I guess by their logic rappers are environmentalists since they "recycle" old music when they use samples of other peoples work.
Dave Munger
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 06:12:31 PM »

I'm sure I've seen this. I can remember that near the end the Earth people try do deflect the runaway planet with nuclear bombs, which just flash like little lighningbugs and have no effect. I don't remember the ending though, maybe kind of like When Worlds Collide?
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 04:29:15 AM »

There's at least one other Japanese movie which features a bunch of aliens holding a conference at the start; Evil Brain from Outer Space. Apparently this film was put together from parts of a Japanese serial, and there were at least three others in the series (which I never saw). It's possible that they tacked the alien conference scene at the start of all four films to explain how the hero ended up on Earth. Here's a review of two packages which contain two films each;

Starman Volumes 1 & 2

The one I recall seeing had the creatures with the fangs and weird Mickey Mouse ears.
Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 07:35:01 PM »

I've been wanting to see STARMAN stuff. I may have seen it, but not sure.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Warning From Space (1956) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.