Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:41:28 PM
715187 Posts in 53125 Topics by 7755 Members
Latest Member: Independentbbz
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever worked on a film? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ever worked on a film?  (Read 911 times)
Sugar_Nads
« on: October 22, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

Just outta curiosity... how many people here have worked on films before?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 02:11:32 AM »

I've never worked on a film but I have been part of a camera crew.

I was a cameraman in two Miss Iowa pageants...got promoted to head cameraman for the second one the year after.
It was cool, we had wireless communication and the works for equipment.
I know, it isn't much to brag about but there were a s**tload of people there and I was surrounded by fine women!

Post Edited (10-23-04 21:34)
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 08:41:57 AM »

Being surrounded by fine women is definitely something to be proud of. ; )
dean
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 09:17:48 AM »

Was invited by a few friends to be an extra for a movie, fittingly called the extra [soon to be released in Australia] but couldn't make it that night.  A few friends went, and apparently talked to some guy in a Star Wars III jacket who would crap on about how he was involved but isn't allowed to talk about it [and unfortunatley didn't]

I've entered a few short films in a few competitions, but none really worth mentioning.

Oh, and I think I ruined a shot for an Aussie Tv series once; they film at my uni, and I was walking around, listening to music, not really paying attention and I think I walked in the way.  Ooops...

A friend of mine is a cameraman who has worked on many different films, short and main, but mostly are local features.   It sounds like lots of fun.
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 11:03:10 AM »

Been in about 17 feature-length films -- ROBOC.H.I.C. is reviewed on this website -- numerous shorts, TV things, Industrial Instructional films (See that light socket?  Don't put your screwdriver in there!), commercials, bizarro things even I don't know how to classify(Film to be shown only at a single Chamber of Commerce ceremony honoring these guys).
And I still have to work in a bank to earn a living
peter johnson/denny crane
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 08:30:28 PM »

Only student films and my own shorts, as I'm in film school right now. So far I've made three films, and I shoot my fourth tommorow. It's our biggest one, three rolls of 400ft of film. I was supposed to shoot today, but it rained.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 11:56:48 AM »

Wow, that sounds really cool. It must have been interesting to work on all those projects.

Don't feel bad about having to work for a living. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure something will eventually happen. Just hang in there!
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 11:59:21 AM »

>>>I was supposed to shoot today, but it rained.

Don't you hate when that happens?

One time it stormed really ugly during a stop motion project I was working on in college and we took a direct hit. All of the footage that was painstakingly captured to disk was lost.... : (  I wanted to kill somebody....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever worked on a film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.