Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:18:26 PM
715191 Posts in 53126 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies in Respectable Places « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad Movies in Respectable Places  (Read 1404 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: March 03, 2005, 05:20:29 AM »

Recently, my wife (a minister) dusted off a sermon from a couple of years ago, in order to use it again, on a different group of people. It was from a Sunday shortly after we went to B-Fest 2002. Can't remember the religious significance of that Sunday, and she's asleep right now, but anyway, she opened by telling the congregation about B-Fest, leading into her first illustration - The Crawling Eye. She noted that whenever the long shot of the mountain appeared in the movie (which was often), the whole audience screamed in mock terror at this ominous image. Similarly, in the Bible, mountains often signify that something important is about to happen, and this led into her analysis of the particular passage.

This is my favourite of her sermons. I just love the idea of The Crawling Eye being used to explain something scriptural. I'm sure it surprised a few people.

Anybody else heard a B-movie referenced in an unusually respectable place?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AlexB
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »

Not exactly respectable, but in a recent interview Anjelica Huston mentioned The Ice Pirates as her first big break in acting. One would have thought that she'd prefer to forget that she ever made that movie.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 08:06:39 AM »

When I toured the NYU film school, the walls were covered in movie posters by NYU alumni-- Scorsese, Spike Lee, the Coen Brothers, etc. And there, inexplicably, between all these classic films... was CHUD 2!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Eirik
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »

I was in a meeting with some very high level folks once and by necessity it was being started at 5:00 AM.  The highest ranking person in the room looked around the table and said: "It's like 'Night of the Living Dead in Here.'"  He was right, too.
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 08:56:52 PM »

Vermin, that's too damn funny! LOL

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Ed
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 06:49:55 PM »

http://fathom.lib.uchicago.edu/2/21701757/

Its SCIENCE and the b-movie.

-Ed
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies in Respectable Places « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.