Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:12:22 PM
714998 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7753 Members
Latest Member: john
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 76
Author Topic: Alex's even longer post thread.  (Read 207847 times)
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #915 on: July 17, 2023, 02:53:00 AM »

when curtis was going through his cassettes, he found a tape i must have made by accident. it was a conversation between my sister , my cousin and i playing risk, and it must have been really late because we were REALLY drunk! it's very funny, and it was a joy to hear marilyn's voice again, she's been gone 7 years now.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #916 on: July 17, 2023, 03:59:27 PM »

Well, we seem to be avoiding the worst of the heat waves that are rolling across southern Europe. The weather has decidedly turned wet and cool.

We had a couple of the missionaries round for lunch and a board game. Dug out Firefly and played through a scenario that was supposed to take 2 hours to play through.

5 hours later, I was the first player about to enter the end-game scenario, but no one had got near to meeting the winning conditions. I did manage to pull off two big heists in rapid succession which was the only reason I was in a situation to try and win, but the missionaries had to go for their curfew, even if one of them asked the other if they could just keep playing and then go home late. His companion didn't want to get into trouble though. One is from Norway, the other from New Zealand. The Norwegian got very upset when he went to make a phone call and came back to find he'd encountered reavers who went on to kill all of his crew, only the captain escaping. He went in a bit of a huff after that. Well, quite a lot of a huff really. One of those guys who was laughing his ass off when other people were having problems but couldn't handle it when it happened to him.

Of course, this means I am going to single him out for tormenting in future games.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #917 on: July 20, 2023, 01:22:15 PM »

Well since I am running a Shadowrun game on Sunday, I guess I should relearn the rules. It has been maybe a decade since I last played that game. I do remember it involves only using d6's so I am sure it will all be fine. There are only a few ways you can do these kind of mechanics for a game, so when you've played a few you tend to be able to figure them out, like when I was last in Utah and we played Betrayal at Hill House. I'd ever played it before and the owners had never played it before so I just kinda guessed what the rules were and was about 75-80% right as we'd later find out.

It is a long way from those games of Monopoly when I was 4.

Kristi was asked to cover a full night shift tonight (22:00 til 08:00) after working from 07:30 until 14:00. I had to point out to her if she was working until 8 am that meant she wasn't getting her Friday off. I am not sure she is benefiting at all from adding this to her schedule unless she is going for a shift to permanent nights, which does give you an extra £80 per night.

If anyone is interested in MMO's. The Elder Scrolls is currently available for free: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-elder-scrolls-online

If you aren't interested, well it is still available for free. Deal with it.  Twirling

I should have picked up some beers for tonight.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #918 on: July 21, 2023, 01:39:23 AM »

Everything seems to be irritating me immensely just now. I don't want to be asked to do anything, touched or in any way have to interact with anyone.

It isn't even 08:00 yet. This is not a good sign.

Got an appointment with the bank at 14:00. I have no doubt that will not improve my mood.

As it turned out the visit to the bank did not improve my mood. It turns out the paperwork that I paid nearly £300 for has a mistake on it. They put the wrong date of birth which means I have to travel back down to Ayrshire and Kilmarnock to go get it fixed. I am not swearing because I am keeping my emotions on a tight lockdown right now, but if someone was to say the wrong thing to me I would punch them. It would be one of those punches where I knock someone off their feet and they wake up later on. I don't often do those, but they are impressive when they happen.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 09:16:06 AM by Alex » Logged

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2023, 02:27:31 AM »

in trying not to say the wrong thing, it's likely i will, so let's talk about ME for a minute. i think we may be able to get our own car in the next couple of weeks! it's a 2007 nissan altima, not prety( needs paint) , but it's coming from someone i trust with my husband's life and mine, and a friend will loan us the needed 1500. wish us luck, and i hope my potential joy is contagious. and i love you, big guy. really.  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #920 on: July 22, 2023, 10:37:26 AM »

I hope it all works out well for you.

I am a bit more chilled out and calmed down today. We had a good D&D session last night where the group didn't irritate me enough to kill them off and I got to run a scenario that I've had in mind for a few years now. It involves a dragon being used as a beast of burden and hauling a wagon.

The party butchered the dragon, killed the drivers and looted the wagon.

Supposed to be writing Shadowrun stuff for tomorrow, but I put on some 80's music to listen to while I write and now mostly I am watching the videos.

Just discovered I have a lifetime ban from a forum I have never been on before. I kinda feel proud of that one.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #921 on: July 23, 2023, 03:38:10 AM »

So on Friday nights game we came up with a minor issue,. One of the players was using '0' as his push to talk button. When he rolled damage, having that pressed changed his d10 to a d100000000000. I put up a screenshot of the damage he'd rolled in one the groups I am in. 12 hours later it has somewhat exploded. Around 600 likes and climbing.

I guess Mick is now minorly famous.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #922 on: July 23, 2023, 04:43:41 PM »

The post continues to grow legs. I've told my players that if it reaches 1000 reactions they can have a free level. I would say that I am confident that they won't get 1000, but then again I didn't think they would get 300.

I really hope it doesn't get to 1000. Having them go up a level means I'd need to redo all the fights I have planned for them.  BounceGiggle

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #923 on: July 24, 2023, 03:43:02 AM »

lol, ya gotta be careful with that kind of thing. my friend pun lost a bet on his board and is now obliged to post his picture in a tutu. but at least he doesn't have to do the grass skirt too  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #924 on: July 24, 2023, 05:20:26 AM »

The attention on it is slowing down. They are stuck on 922 reacts so far. I've told them if they don't make 1k, they will lose 1 xp per point short they are.

Just to be fair.  BounceGiggle

Going to phone the sheriff court this afternoon, find out how to sort the mistake they made in the confirmation and then take things from there. I can't go down to Kilmarnock until Wednesday at the absolute earliest, possibly not even until next week due to various things happening. Someone dying really should not be a chance for governments to make money.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #925 on: July 25, 2023, 06:38:37 AM »

Well this morning it was sitting on 1014 likes so I guess the group gets a level each.

I resisted the urge to give them all a spirit level or something.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #926 on: July 26, 2023, 01:46:54 PM »

I have decided that Ash is not getting to watch any more Cars movies or TV shows until next week at the earliest. Just looking at my list of movies watched and knowing that it isn't even all the times it has been on.

As of today, I am officially debt free. Indeed not only that but I have... well it is enough to live on for a while in surplus. Not enough to permanently retire though (more is the pity), but it is a good start. I am certainly in a good position compared to a lot of other people, but then again I've put in a lot of work over the years in steering my life in this direction and doing so in a way that keeps me happy.

Bought myself a 3D printer to celebrate.

*sigh* Just when I am feeling on a high, one of my friends is having a terrible night. She really needs to just end this relationship and move on. Yeah, it is painful and 5 years is a long time to invest in someone, but sometimes you just have to admit to yourself it isn't going to work.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #927 on: July 28, 2023, 02:03:11 AM »

Got family coming to visit today, leaving drinks for my old boss (he is getting a promotion), and my printer should arrive at some point.

The one I've ordered is better at doing terrain and vehicles than single figures, so it is possible that I might order a second one for them but that depends on how much use I get out of this one. If It gets used a lot for a month and then forgotten about, then I'll treat it as a white elephant and go no further. I don't think I'll end up making a business out of it, but it is a possibility to consider.

I was speaking to Mark the other day, he mentioned that Karl is mostly away on courses with about one week left in work before he gets his new job. He also said "And then I never need to see him again." I guess their friendship has completely broken down then. It will doubtless make tonight interesting, although since he is driving me out there, I am assuming Mark isn't going to be drinking so hopefully he'll behave. Supposed to be doing a 3 or 4 hour walk with him tomorrow morning through Lossie woods. Hey, look at me. I actually kept in touch with someone I used to work with. That isn't something I often do. I think maybe 2 previously?

Ever get a load of money and just have the urge to go out and spend loads? Yeah, fighting that one myself right now. Life is good and I am happy. The only cloud on the horizon right now is getting this damn will finished with.

Looks like the big damage threat has finally (thankfully) died.

The final number of reacts was 1123. I have no idea about the other groups it was shared to. The party (begrudgingly) has been given their additional level.  Buggedout
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 02:07:32 AM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #928 on: July 29, 2023, 12:00:02 PM »

Went out on a four-and-a-half-hour hike with Mark and Aidie (my replacement) today. Was a not bad one, through Lossie woods, onto the beach up to the range and then inland through the hills and back to the woods. Got back, had a quick shower and then was back out for a quick shopping trip before getting home again. Managed each time we went inside just to miss an absolute downpour.

Printing up my first large project.

Although it is only going to be 87% of its normal size as my printer is a bit small for it. Later, then I've got a bit more experience with the platform, I'll try placing it diagonally and see if I can make the tank full size.

EDIT: I just realised that this is the closest I've ever gotten to using Pythagoras since leaving school.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 12:02:48 PM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #929 on: July 31, 2023, 03:51:35 PM »

We went for a day out in Inverness. There were plans to try Ash on the miniature railway again, but it was raining all day and the volunteers decided not to open it. We still had a good walk around, bought some stuff, and whatnot. I picked up more Saturnas gifts for Kristi (which without any planning involved does seem to have something of a Star Trek theme so far). She is grumpy with me because I watched Renfield without her, but there are a lot of films she wants us to watch together, but is never in the mood for. Eventually, the film gets forgotten about, so I've just taken to watching things myself rather than waiting and missing out. Mind you, I've been grumpy with her recently. For the past couple of months, any time she sees me going to do anything I either get asked what I am doing, or she jumps in and tells me how to do what I am doing. Quite often she'll get the wrong idea on what or why I am doing something and give me unhelpful instructions which I then ignore. It hasn't stopped her from doing it, and in the past few days, I've found myself getting a bit snippy and giving her sharp replies. I think it was when I was making up sandwiches for my walk the other day and she started telling me that I should use a different loaf for them. Seriously, I am quite capable of making a sandwich on my own. I don't need a backseat driver. I was in a hurry though and didn't have time to slice up the one she told me to use, nor did I have time to explain why I was doing it that way as I was having to rush out the door and this was for my lunch late. It might sound small and petty, but this is pretty much every damn thing I go to do some days. Since it has gone past just bugging me a little and right through being irritated about it I will have to have a talk about it with her rather than barking at her every time she does it to me. I have no idea what triggered this behaviour either. It isn't something I do to her either, but it does remind me very much of the old woman I saw on the train harranging the old man she was with about absolutely everything. Man, I don't think the poor guy got 5 seconds of piece for the more than an hour and a half we were on the train and I don't think his life before or after would have been any different.

Damned if I am going to end up that way.

Mind you, I've been told I am damned anyway, so...  BounceGiggle

Anyway, that aside it was a good day out. Kristi bought herself some new clothes, and I bought myself more clothes at once than I think Kristi has seen me get the whole time we've been married (four pairs of black jeans, a couple of packs of underwear, and socks). I was looking for some other stuff, but nothing really appealed to me beyond that. Did get Ash some school stuff too since he'll be starting primary one soon.

Need to print mooooooore tanks.

In between a few other projects I've printed out a pair of Maus (which means I have as many of them as the Germans actually built (even if one of them was only partially built), and Universal Carrier. There does seem to be an issue with printing out the underside of models. Picked up some blu-rays today as well (the D&D movie, Renfield and Evil Dead Rise). Kristi was offered a night shift at short notice tonight instead of her shift tomorrow and has taken it. It is a higher rate of pay, plus a bonus on top. I was looking forward to relaxing with her tonight though. It is her choice to do it and I am glad she is applying herself to it so well.

Ordered some more patches for my jackets. Spot my childhood fandoms.

1    Army of Darkness logo Patch
1    Joker; Insane Arkham Asylum Patch
1    Outland Con-am 27  patch
1    B5 Separatist's Patch
1    BSG 75 jacket back  patch (8" dia)
• Colour: Desert Camo
1    Blakes 7 logo Patch
1    Buck Rogers Earth Shoulder Patch

Really feel that Outland deserves to be a better known film, but then westerns in space often seem to suffer.

Oh, for anyone with long memories, I am sure I've mentioned a guy I used to work with, Liam Elliot, or swimboy as I called him. Found out he is now out of the RAF, and was arrested when he was caught filming people dressing/undressing in a room he was renting out. He'd also managed to get a hold of a video of two of his friends having sex. They'd filmed it themselves but had no idea how he'd managed to get it. Never did like the guy. He is now on the sex offenders register, but managed to avoid prison time, although he did get 270 hours community service.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 04:17:31 PM by Alex » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 76
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Alex's even longer post thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.