Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:43:31 AM
715165 Posts in 53124 Topics by 7755 Members
Latest Member: Independentbbz
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Killer Cooks « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Killer Cooks  (Read 1452 times)
No Nukes
« on: February 16, 2002, 11:54:45 AM »

Since I'm enrolling for a Culinary Arts course in college, anyone have suggestions for movies with murderous chefs? (excluding Texas Chainsaw Massacre films of course.)

-No Nukes, the Satanic Pikachu
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 12:13:28 PM »

Do mysterys count? "Who's killing the great Chefs of europe". I know Robert Morley was in it, had a good cast...can't remember the stars, though.
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 12:30:32 PM »

How about the almost too awful to describe "Zombie Gore met chef of hell" I think it was titled that (might have reversed some words around or something) really, really bad shot on video movie.  

Or how about the Japanese film the Untold story (1-3) which is based on supposed actual events of an evil cannibal cook.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2002, 02:07:50 PM »

Even though the main character is only a chef for one scene, "Theatre of Blood" with Vincent Price has by far the most memorable cook-murder scene I've ever seen; Price, posing as a chef, force-feeds a man (interestingly, Robert Morley again) his own poodles until he dies of asphyxiation, or a heart attack-- they're not quite clear on which. At any rate, it's a terrific scene, with Price hamming it up with a "French waiter" schtick. My friend's mom saw it back when it came out, and seems convinced that it's the single most horrifying thing she's seen in a movie, even though it's clearly played for laughs. Go figure.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2002, 07:14:16 PM »

You gotta throw Microwave Massacre into the mix when you talk of killer cooks.  Damn now I have to go find that movie in my piles of tapes and watch it.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2002, 09:44:38 PM »

BLOOD DINER, of course.  (There should be lots of movies in the cannibalism genre.)

DEAD HEAT has a scene with a zombie chef in it.

For some reason I have a very strong picture in my head of a fat, psychotic chef with a butcher's knife, most likely Italian.  I don't know where it's from.  Most likely old LIQUID TELEVISON episodes.

By the way, good luck with the culinary school.  My roommate graduated with an associate's.  It's an extremely time-intensive job.

"Not bad. . . if lasagna is Italian for 'pile of puke'!"

"Yaaaaaaah!  I choppa' you good!"
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2002, 11:38:27 PM »

Mofo might be thinking of Lupo The Butcher, a fat, bald, saliva-and-obscenity-spewing grey-skinned ugloid with swollen gums and an "Italian" accent, in the animated short from Rocketship. The short, in which Lupo accidentally chops off his own thumb, then begins coming apart at the seams, ran on MTV's Liquid Television and he made an appearance in a sneaker ad, also on MTV, in which the dead plucked chicken he was about to hack up abruptly grabbed his meat cleaver away and decapitated him, dragging the still-cursing head away behind it.

"Son of a b****! Why don't you get a job! Sh**-for-head! Artsy-fartsy! F***in' I don't know..."

I always though Lupo would make a great M-rated video-game hero.

"I hope you cut me better than you did these string beans. Hmmm...I seem to be missing a piece of my ear. Touché."
Funk, E.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2002, 11:08:54 AM »

I don't remember if the cook in Theif, Wife, Cook, Lover was homocidal or not... Would "Eating Raoul" count? or "Delicatessen"? Sweeney Todd?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Killer Cooks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.