Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:04:41 PM
714758 Posts in 53104 Topics by 7749 Members
Latest Member: bngvowjgfj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Feeling very stressed, worried and a little stunned. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Feeling very stressed, worried and a little stunned.  (Read 5985 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 29, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

As you know, part of the house I live in is an airBNB and my landlords visited me this morning to ask me to keep an eye on the unit below mine which until recently, was occupied by a much older couple. When I asked where they were, my landlady told me that the man had left as his wife - who was apparently very sickly - had died in her sleep early on Thursday morning.

Someone died. In my house. Right underneath me. No one asked me for help with anything. I would have called my landlords and gotten medical assistance pronto or whatever was needed. Bluesad

It doesn't matter that I didn't know the lady: I didn't know my neighbours' maid and she came to me for help a while back because she was feeling ill. We got an ambulance for her and she got to the hospital but unfortunately, she died that same day. I at least tried to help. Bluesad

This situation's left me feeling very, very empty, sad and I don't know what to do or say anymore.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 06:49:47 PM »

Don't think too hard on it. If you'd known you would have stepped in and if you'd have been asked you'd have been right there. It's sad but this would still have come to pass whether you were one floor up or a hundred miles away. It's just one of those tragedies that make up life. Your stress can't change what occurred but it can bring you down for no good reason, so try not to let this awful thing get to you, it's not your fault in any way.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 12:17:26 AM »

brother, there was nothing you could have done, since she died in her sleep. try to think of that as a peaceful thing, okay? and ER is right, you stressing yourself out when there was nothing you could have done isn't good for you. you are NOT at fault in any way. 

don't EVEN...EVER!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 01:50:28 AM »

I appreciate your feelings on this matter, but you can't let it eat you up.  You have too much going on in your life to watch over everybody.  You can only take care of you in times like this.  That same exact thing happened with me (neighbor below), though I wasn't asked to watch their house.  I've also had deaths happen near me at the hospital where I work.  It happens, but you must keep living for yourself.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 10:23:38 AM »

You take too much on your shoulders, my friend. You've done nothing wrong. Be as kind to yourself as you are to others.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »

Don't think too hard on it. If you'd known you would have stepped in and if you'd have been asked you'd have been right there. It's sad but this would still have come to pass whether you were one floor up or a hundred miles away. It's just one of those tragedies that make up life. Your stress can't change what occurred but it can bring you down for no good reason, so try not to let this awful thing get to you, it's not your fault in any way.

Hugs and thanks: it actually feels like I'm responsible in some way but I know it's stupid to think that way.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »

brother, there was nothing you could have done, since she died in her sleep. try to think of that as a peaceful thing, okay? and ER is right, you stressing yourself out when there was nothing you could have done isn't good for you. you are NOT at fault in any way. 

I've actually been in quite a funk since yesterday morning: I just cannot get it out of my head that the person did not come to me for help which would have been given and right quickly too.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 12:30:45 PM »

I appreciate your feelings on this matter, but you can't let it eat you up.  You have too much going on in your life to watch over everybody.  You can only take care of you in times like this.  That same exact thing happened with me (neighbor below), though I wasn't asked to watch their house.  I've also had deaths happen near me at the hospital where I work.  It happens, but you must keep living for yourself.

Thanks Brother Russell: I just feel like crap warmed up and then run over.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 12:31:58 PM »

You take too much on your shoulders, my friend. You've done nothing wrong. Be as kind to yourself as you are to others.

Thanks Rev.

pacman000
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 12:33:30 PM »

She might've felt better that evening than she had in weeks. Weird, but it seems to happen that way fairly often. ER & Chefzombie are right.

I don't really have any words of encouragement. Death is just weird, incomprehensible. I'm praying for you & them. Hope you feel better soon. I know that's not enough, but this is hard to talk about.
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 11:53:04 PM »

I've actually been in quite a funk since yesterday morning: I just cannot get it out of my head that the person did not come to me for help which would have been given and right quickly too.

sweetheart, PLEASE listen to me. because i've BEEN where you are now. there was NO WAY to ask you for help, because at the time they didn't know they needed it. she didn't know she would die in her sleep, neither did her husband. so there was no need to ask for help. sometimes death decided to show up in a quiet peaceful way, and not put you through major trauma while you die, and THAT is what happened.
  when i was 11, my grandmother died during a conversation with me, and for a few minutes, i just thought she had nodded off, which was fairly normal at that time of day. when i DID realize she wasn't breathing, i called for help, and the people at the hospital across the street came within 3 minutes. but she was gone. and she passed in peace, no pain, no trauma, she just..passed over the bridge. and so did your neighbor.
  PLEASE don't put yourself through the guilt i felt for years, okay? i didn't earn that guilt, and neither did you. neither of us could have changed anything, it just...is what it is. and we couldn't have stopped it. please don't hurt yourself like i  did.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 06:15:14 AM »

She might've felt better that evening than she had in weeks. Weird, but it seems to happen that way fairly often. ER & Chefzombie are right.

I don't really have any words of encouragement. Death is just weird, incomprehensible. I'm praying for you & them. Hope you feel better soon. I know that's not enough, but this is hard to talk about.

Thanks, Paccie.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 06:25:13 AM »

sweetheart, PLEASE listen to me. because i've BEEN where you are now. there was NO WAY to ask you for help, because at the time they didn't know they needed it. she didn't know she would die in her sleep, neither did her husband. so there was no need to ask for help. sometimes death decided to show up in a quiet peaceful way, and not put you through major trauma while you die, and THAT is what happened.
  when i was 11, my grandmother died during a conversation with me, and for a few minutes, i just thought she had nodded off, which was fairly normal at that time of day. when i DID realize she wasn't breathing, i called for help, and the people at the hospital across the street came within 3 minutes. but she was gone. and she passed in peace, no pain, no trauma, she just..passed over the bridge. and so did your neighbor.
  PLEASE don't put yourself through the guilt i felt for years, okay? i didn't earn that guilt, and neither did you. neither of us could have changed anything, it just...is what it is. and we couldn't have stopped it. please don't hurt yourself like i  did.

Thanks, sis: I just wish that I could have helped with something afterwards but my landlords took care of everything and I do mean everything. They contacted a funeral company (and paid for it!) as well as a company which does post mortem cleanings so within three hours, all done.

I have had serious issues with my landlords as from last year but they have gained a bit of respect from me for assisting the man in his time of need.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »

that was really good of them.  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 10:10:34 PM »

that was really good of them.  Cheers

Considering what they did to me last year - breaking down my garden flat while I was still in it - I was surprised at this.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Feeling very stressed, worried and a little stunned. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.