Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:50:39 PM
715125 Posts in 53121 Topics by 7755 Members
Latest Member: Independentbbz
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 643022 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1590 on: October 09, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »

In college my roommate's brother worked for the NPS and shot a video of a bobcat killing a rattlesnake in Yellowstone that was amazing to watch.

No real point to this fact, just tossin' it out there while I run down four more hours at work.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1591 on: October 09, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »

While the police in Broadchurch are the prime characters for being so poorly written, that they come across as being more stupid than smart, many of the other characters in the British TV miniseries are also so poorly written that they say or do something so stupid, that the mind boggles, or from the stupid to the stupider to the stupidest.

Pub customer
After the muder, "No on will want to come here now." WRONG! They'll have to beat people off with a stick, as nothing attracts visitors like an accident, a crime, a disaster.

The victim
In another British mystery, a better written British mystery, the victim who is drunk, then drugged, then raped, and then thrown naked out of a moving vehicle, when someone comes along and tried to rape her again, fights back the best that she can, and when she can no longer fight back, curls into a ball to try to protect herself. Here the victim who is neither drunk nor drugged nor naked nor injured from being thrown out of a moving vehicle, does not even try to fight back. One does not even have to think about fighting back. It is instinctive.

The local newspaper editor
When a reporter from a large national daily comes to town to do a story, she asks to use a vacant desk at the local weekly, and is turned down by the editor. That is so stupid, because all that will do is p**s off the reporter.

To be continued . . .
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1592 on: October 13, 2019, 08:14:02 AM »

If all the girls at Yale were laid end to end Dorothy Parker wouldn't have been surprised.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #1593 on: October 13, 2019, 12:03:38 PM »

I love Lucy was the second TV show to ever show a pregnant character. 

In its day, I Love Lucy was not only hugely successful but also groundbreaking. It was the first sitcom filmed using multiple cameras and on 35mm film. This allowed the recording and preservation of episodes in high-quality which could then be shipped all over the country.

Prior to this, less important markets had to suffice with inferior-quality kinescopes of the originals. It was also the first program to show reruns. It was among the first shows to promote an interracial relationship. Yet its landmark moment happened during the second season when star Lucille Ball became pregnant.

The TV executives at the time forbid the use of the word "pregnant" stating that it was too vulgar.  The   

The episode where her pregnancy first appears was called “Lucy Is Enceinte” which means “pregnant” in French. For the next 27 episodes characters had to either imply the pregnancy or use other terms such as “expecting” or “having a baby.”

During the filming of each episode, the studio hired a minister, a rabbi, and a priest to attened and make sure nothing objectionable was done.

The episode where Lucy gives birth was viewed by 72 percent of American homes with TVs making it one of the most watched episodes in history.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1594 on: October 14, 2019, 05:08:16 PM »

Continuing previous posts . . .

The pub's landlady
when guests staying at the pub want cocaine, she goes and buys some from the local drug dealer. That was stupid enough, as it may have threatened her liqour license, but, when her guests leave, no longer wanting the cocaine, instead of destroying it, she keeps it and eventually returns it to the drug dealer's girlfriend.

The drug dealer's girlfriend
Instead of her destroying the cocaine in her possession, she keeps it, where she lives, even knowing that the house would be searched, once the murder victim was identified as her younger brother. Which, of course, the cocaine then being discovered during a search of the house.

To be continued . . .
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1595 on: October 18, 2019, 05:32:09 PM »

Continuing previous posts . . .

But, the way the characters were written, the stupidest of them all had to be the villain.

1st. He came in contact with his victim's body, thus leaving the possibility of leaving his trace evidence on the victim's body. For in another British mystery, a better written British mystery, it took only finding a hair on the victim to lead to the murderer.

2nd. He spent too much time around the dead victim. Thus leading to a better chance that someone would see him with the dead victim.

3rd. And the stupidest thing he did, and as odd as it may seem, one of the most feared disasters on water is fire, so when he set fire to a boat to destroy evidence of his crime, there'd have been calls up and down the coast to the authorities, reporting a fire at sea, and thus drawing attention to himself. If he'd wanted to destroy the evidence, if he was smart, would be to take the boat out to the open water, open the seacocks, and fill the boat with water till it sank. No fuss. No muss, But the writer couldn't write something that smart.

Next time: conclusion and one more example of police stupidity.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1596 on: October 20, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »

The first rock and roll DJ to unleash the word "Rocktober" on humankind, back circa 1955, was an agent of the Archdemon Brevatrixar, Lord of the Plane of Constant Irritation, since only that can explain why that annoying term has never died a natural death but gets repeated millions of times every fall, no matter how much listeners writhe in agony and plead for it not to be said.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1597 on: October 22, 2019, 09:08:42 AM »

Tom Selleck and Farrah Fawcett (channeling Marilyn Monroe's voice) did a liquor commercial together in 1972.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1598 on: October 22, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »

I was curious as to where Americans' health insurance came from, so I looked it up (data as of 2017):

Employer supplied (includes military) - 49%
Medicaid (low income public assistance/disabled) - 21%
Medicare (retirees public system) - 14%
Uninsured - 9%
Private insurance (not employer-supplied) - 7%

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1599 on: October 25, 2019, 04:39:09 PM »

Continuing previous post . . .

A couple of good things came out of watching Broadchurch.

1st It was a good mind exercise to find all the errors--41, actually 42--that the characters made in the British TV miniseries.
34. The police failed to take DNA swabs from any of the suspects in the case. Where in another British mystery, a better written British mystery, when the body of the victim is found, some 3 decades after she disappeared, the police are immediately out there taking DNA swabs from all the suspects in the original case.

2nd While there are other examples of films and/or TV shows highly regarded by audiences and/or critics, this is the clearest example yet of something that is highly regarded, but is actually highly overrated, as those who saw it may have seen the wood, but they missed the trees, or, why, except for this web site, I don't have much truck with the opinions of others.

Next time: 11 reminders that censorship still exists and not all books are loved by everyone, or, the 11 book receiving the most requests that they be removed from schools or libraries,
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1600 on: October 29, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »

11 reminders that censorship still exists and not all books are loved by everyone,

George
A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo
The State U Give
Drama
13 Resons Why
This One Summer
Skippy Jon Jones
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian
This Day in June
2 Boys Kissing

and probably the best known of the 11
Captain Underpants

Next time: Reasons given for removing these books from schools and libraries
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1601 on: October 31, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »

On this night in 1974, Ronald Clark O'Bryan of Pasadena, Texas ruined it for everybody, by becoming the only recorded case in history of someone poisoning Halloween candy, when he murdered his own son with a Pixy Stix laced with cyanide.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1602 on: November 02, 2019, 03:02:53 PM »

Reasons Given for Removing the Most Censored Books from Schools and Libraries.

Most books have more than one reason, and most reasons cover more than 1 book, so here they are, from most to least reasons given.

4 LGBTQIA+
L=lesbian
G=gay
B=bisexual
T=transgender
Q=queer
and he has no idea what I and A stand for.

3 profanity
3 sexual references
2 religious
1 gambling
1 illustrations
1 Mexican cultural stereotypes
1 political
1 same sex couple
1 teen suicide
1 transgender character
1 underage drinking
1 violence

Next time: All Music! All Singing! No Speechifying!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1603 on: November 04, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »

According to this, the average person has sexual 5,770 time before first and last intercourse.

http://www.elitedaily.com/dating/sex/sex-average-amount-times-before-death/1744446

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1604 on: November 06, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »

We will wait to next week, what we said we'd post last week, so we can post this this week, ere November 12.

1. O'er 80 years
from 1937's Snow White and the 7 Dwarves to 2019's The Mandalorian, or o'er 80 years of Hollywood history.

2. 3 hours, 17 minutes, 54 seconds
in 20 second clips. That's almost 600 films and shows.

3. No one does it better.
No one has a better backcatalog, having seen the components of AT&T's HBO Max, not HBO Max. (IMHO) the only one that may come close is Comcast's Peacock, which will roll out next year.

4. An almost . . .
. . . perfect blend of the old and the new.

5. Nostalgia
That is what drags them in.

6. The last of the old line studios . . .
. . . that answers to no one but themselves.
Warner answers to AT&T (telecommunications)
Universal answers to Comcast (telecommunications)
Paramount answers to National Amusements (movie theaters)
Columbia answers to Sony (electronics)
Then there was 20th Century Fox, but, last year, they saw the writing on the wall, threw in the towel, and sold out.

7. 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 =
or, why, at this moment, a half dozen reasons,  Disney+ has the edge o'er the others in the upcoming streaming wars.

Next time: what I said last time next week.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.