Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:35:42 AM
715256 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So, who REALLY knows who here? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: So, who REALLY knows who here?  (Read 2414 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 10, 2003, 08:22:31 PM »

I know that, for the most part, the contributors to this message board are spread out across the U.S. (and the world, for that matter).  Do any of you know each other in real life?  (As if this isn't real life).  I mean, have you actually met, face to face?  If so, were you frightened the first time you met because the other person was really freaky?  Did you know each other BEFORE you discovered this website?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 09:13:12 PM »

Brother Ragnarok & I have met & hung out.

We met on this message board but after I talked to him it turned out that he was also from Iowa and happened to be friends with my cousin Katie.
Small world eh?

He & a few friends came down to my place while attending a concert here in my town & we all had pizza before they went...I didn't go to that show though.

He & I took a road trip up to Wisconsin in April & in May we went with some others to see the midnight premier of X-Men 2.

While differing EXTREMELY in opinions & beliefs on certain things, we did tend to agree on quite a few others as well.

If you want to really get to know someone...take a road trip with them.
Hehe!

Post Edited (12-10-03 20:16)
Susan
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 09:28:15 PM »

the world isn't ready to meet me

Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 09:44:09 PM »

I know a guy named Scott who told me about Badmovies.org.. I don't think it is the "Scott" who posts here all the time though.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 11:48:02 PM »

I know Cullen.  I've known him for 28 years - he's my brother, after all...

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 12:53:26 AM »

Um...what ASH said.  Also, if you take stuff to someone's pad and that someone lives nearly two hours away from you, don't leave said stuff at said pad or it will take a hellaciously long time to get it back.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 05:07:21 AM »

I know Andrew from highschool.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 05:49:35 AM »

I don't know anybody here personally, but I did meet Andrew at B-Fest in 2002. It was easy to spot the marine in that crowd, so I went over during an intermission and introduced myself. He introduced a few of the people in attendance. I recall Apostic and Ken Begg being there, and some of the other webmasters.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Chopper2
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2003, 09:43:22 AM »

Nope, sure don't. Anyone here live in Georgia?
The Burgomaster

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 10:55:35 AM »

This is actually a good idea for a movie.

A bunch of people who participate in a message board decide to get together to meet each other for the first time.

After the first 15 minutes of the movie (which is set in New York City), the locale switches to a tropical island.  The message board people meet there and get acquainted.  Before long, we discover that only two of the message board people (a man and a woman, of course) are normal.  The rest are flesh-eating zombies, created by the mad scientist who owns the island (who turns out to be Andrew).

Lucio Fulci could direct this, if he were still alive.

Richard Johnson and Cameron Mitchell would have been good choices to make cameo appearances.

Post Edited (12-11-03 09:56)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 03:02:46 PM »

Dude!Thats sounds f**king awsome.Hey can I be the Mad Scientists henchmen.
Seriously though I do think it would be rather cool if we could all find a way to get together and watch the worst movie imaginable.
Also does any one here live in Wisconsin, specifically the Milwaukee area.

Smells like popcorn and shame
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 03:17:57 PM »

I don't personally know anyone here either. Has anyone ever heard of Arkansas?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 03:57:46 PM »

wyckednick:

Some time ago, I actually asked people on this message board if they would consider traveling great distances to attend a bad movie marathon at my house in Massachusetts.  I was halfway serious, and I got some halfway positive responses.  The problem is, I usually can't get a half-dozen family or friends to agree on a date and time to get together.  Can you imagine how tough it would be to organize something with the contributors to this message board?

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 03:58:59 PM »

Very true.But you have to admit it would be fun.

Smells like popcorn and shame
The Burgomaster

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 04:26:47 PM »

I think it would be great.  It would be like a pilgrimage.

Maybe I'll hang a big, bright star over my house and 3 wise men will show up.

I just hope they bring plenty of gold, frankincense, and myrrh . . .

Post Edited (12-11-03 15:27)

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So, who REALLY knows who here? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.