Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:17:35 PM
714700 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you MUST see before you die! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies you MUST see before you die!  (Read 5248 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 18, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »

What movies that you haven't seen...but feel you MUST before you die? Good , BAD.,or Ugly..don't matter. I was reading the QUEEN KONG thread...and I still haven't seen it!
Here's some I NEED to see....
.QUEEN KONG-Yes...it looks excrutiatingly awful...which is why I need to see it!
.SANTOS AND THE BLUE DEMON VS THE MONSTERS-The clips I've seen of this look too cool...
.the MISFITS-No...not the punk band...the Clark Gable/Marilyn Monroe flik....I dunno why...I'm just intriged...
.STREET TRASH-Jim VanBebbers street gang film...heard lotsa good things about it.
.VOODO BLACK EXORCIST-I dunno why...just gotta.
.DAWN of the MUMMY-the gory mummy movie.
I'll think of more....but for now....that's a sample.

Small | Large

Dam...I wanna see this!  hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »

VOODO BLACK EXORCIST - Is one of those so bad it's good kinda flicks.  Get it.  Plan a movie night around it.  Watch it with friends.  Thumbup

DAWN OF THE MUMMY - That must be one helluva trailer cuz this movie blows rancid globular chunks.  Just for you. .

So these people break into this tomb and there's a lot of inane dialogue and, shhhh, then these hippy dippy photographer types and their models show up. .

And we get some really great shots of their lighting equipment (I am not kidding, we keep getting repeat shots of these lights FOR NO EFFING REASON!). .

And, after about a zillion years, stuff finally starts to happen. .

The movie is very bad, tedious, and barely qualifies as horror.  If you're looking for gore this will disappoint.  If you're looking for junk yard dog bad DAWN will satisfy.  As will THE MUMMY LIVES.  Both are fairly tedious, in their own way, and may be worth renting together.  Just, you know, have some sort of mind numbing agent handy.  Perhaps a nice herbal tea.   Wink
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:40:24 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »

I'll take yer word for it on DAWN of the MUMMY. Iv'e happened upon films that were supposed to be kick-ass...yet I found them wanting (the GODFATHER,for example...I tried watching it many times...always fall asleep.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »

Well here's a quite run down of 5 for each catergory.

Good: The Dark Knight, Animal Farm (Animated Verison), Twice Upon A Time, The Blob, and Dick Tracey

Bad: Troll, Eight Legged Freaks, Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure, Cool World, and Kingdom of the Spiders

Ugly: Jaws 4, Monster A Go Go, Street Fighter, Beware! The Blob, and Titantic: The Legend Goes On

Mostly the ugly list are movies you should see just to believe that they actually exist.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »

I expanded my reply to include screen caps.  Apologies for the quality.  This is only available through Madacy SFAIK.

There is a way you can get DAWN OF THE MUMMY, relatively cheap.  Go to Best Buy.  Look in their box set section.  Look specifically for their Madacy tins.  Look for their "SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE'S THE LOST WORLD COLLECTOR'S EDITION"* this contains DOTM as a bonus movie.  It's the EXACT same disc as was in their original single disc release.

That said a few of the movies *I* would like to see sometime before I die include. .

TWINS OF EVIL
VAMPIRE CIRCUS
LAKE OF DRACULA
SPERMULA
CALIGULA: THE UNTOLD STORY (uncut WS)
CALIGULA'S SLAVES - it probably sucks but, well, in for one Caligula movie might as well see them all!
MESSALINA, MESSALINA (uncut)
FANTASTIC FOUR (Corman version)

Not sure which of those are good, most are probably bad, and I imagine the cast of the Caligula one's are pretty ugly.   Wink

(*) Great family friendly version starring John Rhys-Davies and Eric McCormack.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »

Well here's a quite run down of 5 for each catergory.

Good: The Dark Knight, Animal Farm (Animated Verison), Twice Upon A Time, The Blob, and Dick Tracey

Bad: Troll, Eight Legged Freaks, Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure, Cool World, and Kingdom of the Spiders

Ugly: Jaws 4, Monster A Go Go, Street Fighter, Beware! The Blob, and Titantic: The Legend Goes On

Mostly the ugly list are movies you should see just to believe that they actually exist.

Get a bucket of fried chicken,set yer TV out on the back porch on a table,and invite some freinds over. Watch MONSTER A GO-GO! Worth it.  Cheers

I expanded my reply to include screen caps.  Apologies for the quality.  This is only available through Madacy SFAIK.

There is a way you can get DAWN OF THE MUMMY, relatively cheap.  Go to Best Buy.  Look in their box set section.  Look specifically for their Madacy tins.  Look for their "SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE'S THE LOST WORLD COLLECTOR'S EDITION"* this contains DOTM as a bonus movie.  It's the EXACT same disc as was in their original single disc release.

That said a few of the movies *I* would like to see sometime before I die include. .

TWINS OF EVIL
VAMPIRE CIRCUS
LAKE OF DRACULA
SPERMULA
CALIGULA: THE UNTOLD STORY (uncut WS)
CALIGULA'S SLAVES - it probably sucks but, well, in for one Caligula movie might as well see them all!
MESSALINA, MESSALINA (uncut)
FANTASTIC FOUR (Corman version)

Not sure which of those are good, most are probably bad, and I imagine the cast of the Caligula one's are pretty ugly.   Wink

(*) Great family friendly version starring John Rhys-Davies and Eric McCormack.

I too...would love to see TWINS OF EVIL...and VAMPIRE CIRCUS. Lesbian vampires? Vampire cat girls? I'm there,man!

I'm very curious about the FF Corman film too...I know the CAPTAIN AMERICA with the Red Skull flik was fun in a chezzy-serial way.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »

SHIP OF MONSTERS!
Small | Large

VAMPIRE CIRCUS

This Hammer flick always sounded very intriguing. Vampires? A circus? What else could you want?

Lesbian vampires? Vampire cat girls?

Oh, yeah!

Also CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER. I think it's out on DVD but I've never managed to see it. And, now thanks to Andrew's glowing review: WINTERBEAST. And ATTACK OF THE SUPERMONSTERS, the one where the Styracosaurus calls the tank a "stupid toy".

I probably should see SURGIKILL and THE WEIRDO so I can be an Andy Milligan completist. There's a bunch of Polonia Brothers movies I haven't seen, but I'm saving them for my next life.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:04:18 AM »

I probably should see SURGIKILL and THE WEIRDO so I can be an Andy Milligan completist. There's a bunch of Polonia Brothers movies I haven't seen, but I'm saving them for my next life.

To save your sanity, this is probably the best choice you could make concerning the Polonia Brothers.

I don't have any that I MUST see before I die. Hell, I run across titles all the time that get me giggly like a school girl and then I forget them five minutes later. You know, I think it might be caused by...OOH, a SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:49:21 AM »

I've bought so many movies that looked sooooo good only turn them off halfway through.  It's kind of killed my "Gotta see it before I die" ambition.  Some I would like to see though:

Private School - some '80s sex comedy with Phoebe Cates and Betsy Russell.  I vaguely remember seeing a movie many years ago, and I think this is it.  Anyhow, it looks babe-a-liscious.

Battlespace / Recon 2020 - a couple of movies that look like great cheesy fun.

Halfway House - Some total cheese fest with Janet Tracy Keijser.  I really should buy this one now.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:19:53 AM »

Dawn of the Mummy is on Netflix but the movie is rated PG-13 (No kidding) the trailer looks like its miles away from PG-13... :)

Boogeyman (1980) ~ A good movie that actually put Halloween, The Exorcist and Amityville Horror and mixed it in a blender.

Small | Large

Boogeyman II (1983) ~ Because you get about 40 minutes of flashbacks from the first Boogeyman...

Return of the Boogeyman (1994) (V) ~ You get 80% flashbacks from the first Boogeyman and narration telling us what we're seeing. I think any bad movie fan will feel complete all after they see the radio droped in the tub for the 5th time and again, again, again, etc....

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Bloodsuckers (1997)  ~ OMG!!! They actually made a Boogeyman 4 Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Its Boogeyman with vampire (This I havent seen and feel like I need to check this one out!!!)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:43:32 AM »

I rented DAWN OF THE MUMMY back in the old VHS days.  I was disappointed.

Here are a few I would love to see:

* LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND THE MONSTERS
* Corman's FANTASTIC FOUR (the whole movie was on YouTube a year or so ago, but I only watched a few minutes of it)
* DR. JEKYLL AND THE WOLFMAN
* THE EXECUTIONER (aka MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE)
* DR. JEKYLL'S DUNGEON OF DEATH
* MARK OF THE DEVIL II
* BLOOD AND LACE (not to be confused with BLOOD AND BLACK LACE)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »

Private School - some '80s sex comedy with Phoebe Cates and Betsy Russell.  I vaguely remember seeing a movie many years ago, and I think this is it.  Anyhow, it looks babe-a-liscious.

You will enjoy this.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »

A few that come to mind off the top of my head:

ROBOT MONSTER (I know, I know)
SANTA CLAUS (Gordon K. Murray)
DEAFULA (the only all-sign language vampire film)
THE WILD BUNCH
GREY GARDENS (original documentary)
YOJIMBO
THE BIG LEBOWSKI
LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD

...so many more... it hurts just to think about it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:55 PM »

* MARK OF THE DEVIL II

Totally forgot about that one.  Has it even made it to DVD anywhere?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »

I rented DAWN OF THE MUMMY back in the old VHS days.  I was disappointed.

Here are a few I would love to see:

* THE EXECUTIONER (aka MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE)
* DR. JEKYLL'S DUNGEON OF DEATH

I have a vhs copy of The EXECUTIONER...a GREAT movie! And it stars Duke (the Dean Martin type in BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA) Mitchell! Ultra violent!
DR.JEKYLL's DUNGEON of DEATH! I read about that in the Psychotronic Video Guide....I wanna see that to!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you MUST see before you die! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.