Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:00:49 PM
714908 Posts in 53114 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 158544 times)
Pacman000
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2019, 09:00:51 AM »

Constitution was written by folks who didn't trust the government.

FDA was set up by folks who didn't trust food producers.

Once something's in place, it's hard to change.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2019, 10:20:22 AM »

I don't get that you can't buy Kinder Surprise Eggs in America, but everyone can easily purchase guns? This does not compute  Bluesad

I get your point, but I can buy Kinder eggs at my local supermarket.

I understand why other countries can't understand American gun laws. There are specific historical reasons for them. It's an extremely difficult process to amend the US Constitution; you can't do it with a simple majority vote.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »

Constitution was written by folks who didn't trust the government.

FDA was set up by folks who didn't trust food producers.

Once something's in place, it's hard to change.

Not entirely accurate; the Constitution was created by people who wanted a stronger government than the Articles of Confederation, which had given the government very little power to actually govern.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 02:30:35 PM »

Cell phones.
I know there handy, but some folks are glued to the damn things. Typing, texting, watching videos...
There was actually a time, like when you left home, that was it. The phone was home.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2019, 03:37:20 PM »

Cell phones.
I know there handy, but some folks are glued to the damn things. Typing, texting, watching videos...
There was actually a time, like when you left home, that was it. The phone was home.

I miss those days. I am threatening to get rid of my mobile phone so my work can't get ahold of me when ever they feel like it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2019, 04:02:56 PM »

Cell phones.

I miss those days. I am threatening to get rid of my mobile phone so my work can't get ahold of me when ever they feel like it.
I had one for 2 weeks a couple of years ago. That was enough.

Vegans. They are not vegitarians,- they're 'Vegans'. Either one, actually.
 I think one can eat fish and eggs and butter- I don't know.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:05:24 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »

Never trust anyone who doesn't like bacon my friend.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »

Never trust anyone who doesn't like bacon my friend.

I would have to eat the s**t out of peanut butter and pinto beans. Lotsa hot sauce!

Karoke.
Why the f**k would anybody do that?  Question

(Though I did do it once, I don't remember what song it was, but I just screamed random s**t,  and I did it for about 30 seconds, and walked off.)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:23:25 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2019, 04:26:42 PM »

ONLINE APPLICATIONS
Honestly, I'm getting the impression that managers are either getting lazy, or they just don't have the balls to brush people off anymore.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
316zombie
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »

Most adults who don't know me well find me a bit intense and angry - I've been told this many times - yet, children who are the most perceptive of all human beings don't find me scary at all. They're not scared of me, they have no reason to be and they like me for some unknown reason.  Question

I've never understood this.

my hubby deals with that too, trev. maybe even worse, since he has what i call" stoneface syndrome" ( if he was female it would be called" resting b***hface") and he looks like a combo of gary cooper and jack nicholson. but kids adore him on the spot! grownups have to learn to see his sweet personality instead of " big scary guy", and he's so shy, it takes awhile...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2019, 07:38:21 PM »

ONLINE APPLICATIONS
Honestly, I'm getting the impression that managers are either getting lazy, or they just don't have the balls to brush people off anymore.
In today's world brushing the wrong pe4son off could set them off.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
claws
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2019, 12:20:48 AM »

Cell phones.

A few years ago our public transit buses had signs like this up

I remember a few incidents with the bus driver actually stopping the bus to tell people to turn off their cell phones. But this was a few years ago.
If you step in a transit bus these days you'll see rows of people typing, texting, watching videos and having (loud) conversations on their phones. Not only the passangers but the driver as well  BounceGiggle

Cell phone usage has become a necessity of life. People cannot live without their cell phone. It's a fact some might not understand, but should get used to because it won't change.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:23:33 AM by claws » Logged
claws
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2019, 02:14:30 AM »

I don't get that you can't buy Kinder Surprise Eggs in America, but everyone can easily purchase guns? This does not compute  Bluesad

I get your point, but I can buy Kinder eggs at my local supermarket.

I understand why other countries can't understand American gun laws. There are specific historical reasons for them. It's an extremely difficult process to amend the US Constitution; you can't do it with a simple majority vote.

Well, it is even more mind boggling with the explanation. Not saying this to criticize or attack US laws but it is kind of "wow" no matter how you look at it.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2019, 02:56:56 PM »

I don't understand how the stock market work.

Don't worry! Neither do I, and thru an investment club, I have invested in the stock market for years. What I do know is that last year, I earned a higher rate of return on my investment in the stock market, than I got from the money I have invested in the bank and/or city credit union, where I live. Of course, last year was a continuing bull market for the stock market. We will just have to see whether the bull market continues this year.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2019, 03:38:43 PM »

The "Life is Strange" video game series. It is absolute dog s**t.
There's literally nothing good about them but they're super popular.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.