Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:39:26 AM
715007 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7753 Members
Latest Member: john
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AUTHOR! AUTHOR! (1982) - Is this DVD cut? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AUTHOR! AUTHOR! (1982) - Is this DVD cut?  (Read 1220 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 30, 2007, 06:20:29 AM »

I recently purchased two newly-released Al Pacinco movies:  THE PANIC IN NEEDLE PARK and AUTHOR! AUTHOR!  I hadn't seen AUTHOR! AUTHOR! for a long time - - maybe 10 years or more - - but I suspect that the DVD is cut and is missing the final scene.  The movie's running time is listed (in several sources) as 110 minutes.  The DVD, however, lists a running time of only 107 minutes.  The final scene on the DVD shows Pacino and his kids standing on the streets of New York City.  The picture freezes awkwardly just as Pacino finishes a line of dialogue and the credits start rolling.  I am certain that in the full version, this scene dissolves to a scene at Pacino's apartment where he has a final "feel good" moment with his kids before the credits roll.  Can anyone confirm that this final scene was cut from the DVD?  I did not see any notes on the DVD case indicating that it was altered from its original version.

This DVD release was announced and canceled several times over the past 2 or 3 years.  I'm wondering if there was some sort of legal dispute about something in the final scene and it ended up getting cut.  Or perhaps I just imagined this final scene and it never really existed?  I don't think so because the way the DVD ends with the picture freezing and the credits rolling is very awkward.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »

I thought I saw this movie with a feel-good ending.  I will definitely keep an eye out for the ending of AUTHOR! AUTHOR! but, it may be many years before I'm certain if you're right...  Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 05:12:09 AM »

I seem to remember his kids bringing a cake into his bedroom while he is sleeping and throwing it on his face.  Then they all laugh and the credits start rolling.  Maybe Pacino was embarrassed by this "sit-com" ending and demanded that it be cut from the DVD.  Although, the entire movie is pretty much a sit-com . . .
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:18:26 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AUTHOR! AUTHOR! (1982) - Is this DVD cut? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.