Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:44:28 PM
715281 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123713 times)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1035 on: April 11, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »

I watched "The Dark Knight" yesterday.  What a piece of crap.  The ONLY thing that's any good about that movie is Heath Ledger as the Joker.  I enjoyed all the scenes that featured The Joker, the rest of the movie sucked.  As far as Jokers go, I'd have to say that he was much better than Jack Nicholson, but not quite as good as Cesar Romero.  The story was unimaginative and boring.  Christian Bale was awful, and why the stupid voice for Batman?  It reminded me of a little kid pretending to be a monster or something.
And why does it seem like Morgan Freeman (playing Morgan Freeman, as always) is in just about every damn mainstream movie that comes out these days?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:57:43 PM by the ghoul » Logged
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1036 on: April 11, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

I watched "The Dark Knight" yesterday.  What a piece of crap.  The ONLY thing that's any good about that movie is Heath Ledger as the Joker.  I enjoyed all the scenes that featured The Joker, the rest of the movie sucked.  As far as Jokers go, I'd have to say that he was much better than Jack Nicholson, but not quite as good as Cesar Romero.  The story was unimaginative and boring.  Christian Bale was awful, and why the stupid voice for Batman?  It reminded me of a little kid pretending to be a monster or something.
And why does it seem like Morgan Freeman (playing Morgan Freeman, as always) is in just about every damn mainstream movie that comes out these days?

Boring?  What movie were you watching?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1037 on: April 12, 2009, 12:38:52 AM »

Boring?  What movie were you watching?

I SAID IT WAS "THE DARK KNIGHT"....THAT'S D-A-R-K  K-N-I-G-H-T! BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:44:17 AM by the ghoul » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1038 on: April 12, 2009, 12:39:51 AM »

Recent viewings: Alfie, and Lost in Translation.

Lost in Translation was darn near perfect. It was one of those movies, like Match Point.....which come to think of it also had Scarlett Johansson in it, huh....that needed absolutely nothing added to it, and to take even one line away would have been to unsettle the balance. A great film! Glad I bought it!

Alfie, well, this movie gave me the creeps and was nothing at all like what I had been expecting. Michael Caine's performance was brilliant in every way, nothing bad to say about him, but his character, Alfie, well, it's like some big joke has been played on viewers for forty years in that Alfie is really a movie about a psychopath and we've been told it's about this caddish playboy. Off hand I can only think of two characters in the history of cinema who called women "it". Alfie is one ("If I lose a bird, I can always replace it.") and the crazy dude from The Silence of the Lambs ("It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.") is the other. I kept wishing Alfie would just contract some bad skin disease and crawl away.

I also bought Juno, but I've yet to watch it.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1039 on: April 12, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Ceaser Romero is my favorite as well! In fact BATMAN-the Movie is my favorite Batman film!!!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1040 on: April 12, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »

Watched Deadtime Stories last night.  I hadn't seen it in years, and I have to say it was one of those movies that was not as good as I remembered.  Still fun, but I swear I remember some things being more chaotic, or that I remember the segments as even being longer.  Still awesome, though. 
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #1041 on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »

I watched Stepbrothers today. I like watching films of which I have low expectations, because they have to be really really bad to meet them. Usually, I enjoy them more than I think I will, and this was true of this film; I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, as many bits were actually quite funny. There were several good lines in it, and I tried really hard to remember them as I was watching it, but failed. 3 out of 5 I think.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1042 on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »

Quarantine - A female reporter and a cameraman are at a fire department, filming the normal routine, it's intentionally rather boring, etc.  Finally they get a call, and the fire dept goes to an apartment complex for some medical emergency.  They find an old lady who's rather freaked out, and she attacks - bites - a police officer.  Soon after, a fireman is badly injured, and next thing you know everyone is locked in the building.  No one knows why.  As people are bitten, they become aggressive, and bite more people.  I think there's a name for this sort of infection  TeddyR  This is all filmed through a single hand held camera.  It wasn't bad at first, but by the last third of the movie the camera is getting swung around and shook around and dropped on the floor;  it's just WAY too much.  It becomes more and more frantic, until it's just a frantic freakout with hyperventilating characters and you can't tell what the hell is going on anymore.  That's the "plot".  There's plenty of violence and gore, but we learn very little about why this is happening.  Probably the worst part was that I never found myself hoping that these people would survive, because it was never presented as a possibility.  There was one damned fine jump scare near the end though.  I'll give it a 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #1043 on: April 12, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »

Wizard of Gore (the remake). 3/5. this movie wasn't all that great. there was lots of over-acting and stero-typed personalities. I'm only giving it a 3 because it had  tons of good nudity and one of the best sex scenes i've seen in a long time.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1044 on: April 13, 2009, 02:42:29 AM »

Taking Lives- Apart from Angelina Jolie's breasts and the ending, there's really nothing in this movie worth mentioning.  The clunky beginning leads into a long and boring middle winds up having a few interesting points that eventually falter and sink due to lack of anything special about the film, and the fact that it was quite predictable (save one part in the ending).  All in all, it might make a decent rental, but it's nothing I would watch again.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1045 on: April 13, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »

The Heroin Busters -  This had a weak boring story  but had a great soundtrack, unflinchingly realistic violence and gunplay, and a good if ridiculous finale.  That description could be applied to dozens of italian movies from this era. 
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1046 on: April 14, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »

Disturbia- Watched this last night.  It was actually a pretty solid flick.  When I saw the trailers during its theatrical run, I thought it looked kind of lame, but after actually seeing it I have to say it was pretty enjoyable.  Mainly it was the fact that it wasn't trying to be a typical horror movie, but just a solid popcorn thriller, and that worked. 
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1047 on: April 14, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »

Sukiyaki Western Django - Watching this was like listening to a mash up. Still it was entertaining.

Son of Rambow - Awesome film!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1048 on: April 15, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »

Arachnid (2001) - some people are stranded on a tropical island, and they get chased around by a giant spider.  Pretty good characters, plot moves along well, good cheesy fun.  3.5/5.  For some reason the Dolby Digital track doesn't use the left surround speaker at all, so I spent the first ten minutes of the movie trying to figure out if there was something wrong with my surround sound system  Bluesad

King of the Lost World (2005) - a plane crashes on a tropical island, and the survivors set out in search of the radio.  They encounter pterodactyls and - King Kong!  LOL.  Good characters, plot moves along well, etc.  Pretty fun movie.  3.5/5.  This is one of those disks that defaults to the Dolby 2.0 track, so I didn't get it switched to the 5.1 track until about 20 minutes into it.   Bluesad  It's an Asylum movie, so the 5.1 track was only about half finished.   What else is new?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1049 on: April 15, 2009, 08:56:31 AM »

Because I just got my Netflix back, I watched Black Sheep a few days ago.  Now I need to buy a copy, because that is currently my favorite horror film.

And off-topic, hi everybody!  Sorry I've been MIA, but I've been either too busy or didn't have Internet at home.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.