Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:16:05 AM
715345 Posts in 53132 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124519 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1125 on: May 08, 2009, 01:47:06 PM »

Star Trek
4/5
I cried when Kirk was born....

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1126 on: May 08, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »

I just finished watching Cool World.  Whoa, that was weird. 

It pains me everytime I hear you use the word "weird" as a negative.   Bluesad

Weird doesn't automatically mean I use the word negatively.  The movie is weird, but it is weird in a sense that movie is pretty interesting or something I'm not use to.  Same as Monkeybone and Raggedy Ann, they were both weird, but it was what made them somewhat enjoyable to watch (Though Monkeybone was pretty bad).

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1127 on: May 08, 2009, 06:04:13 PM »

I just finished watching Cool World.  Whoa, that was weird. 

It pains me everytime I hear you use the word "weird" as a negative.   Bluesad

Weird doesn't automatically mean I use the word negatively.  The movie is weird, but it is weird in a sense that movie is pretty interesting or something I'm not use to.  Same as Monkeybone and Raggedy Ann, they were both weird, but it was what made them somewhat enjoyable to watch (Though Monkeybone was pretty bad).

I'm glad to hear that -- to me, it sounded like you were using it as a negative and equating weird = bad.  Not in the quote above, but in your last three reviews as a whole.  MONKEYBONE was pretty awful, I thought, I had no interest in getting through it--COOL WORLD too.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #1128 on: May 09, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »

I just saw Adios, Sabata.  Yul Brynner is no Lee Van Cleef.  Movie was OK, but like a lot of spaghetti westerns I've seen, feels too long.  I love the gimmicks this series has though, reminds me of kung fu films from the 70s. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1129 on: May 09, 2009, 06:30:25 AM »

Anaconda 3 - John Rhys-Davies is a bazillionairre with cancer, so he pays some hot babe to grow giant snakes in order to find the cure.  Of course they get loose, quickly going through the first group of snake hunters sent to kill them, and so uber-snake hunter David Hasselhoff has to be called in to bring order to the chaos.  This is a very average Sci-Fi Channel Original, with bad CGI, the exact same plot structure as every other Sci-Fi Original, etc.  The more I watched it, the more disappointed I became with the acting of the hot babe.  She is the star of the movie, yet lacked the ability as well as the ambition to do a damned thing with her character other than speak her lines in an aggravated, self-righteous tone.  She's about as one-dimensional as the character could have been played.  The Hoff blows her right off the screen every time he says a line.  I really can't give it any more than a 3/5.  Pity.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:33:56 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1130 on: May 09, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »

MST3K: PARTS - THE CLONUS HORROR:  A decent Sci-fi channel season 8 episode.  The movie is a dull science fiction story about clones being raised in a secret camp to supply organs for wealthy politicians like Peter Graves.  Best line occurs when we get an unfortunate close-up shot of a man's junk in a Speedo, which someone refers to as "his shrinkwrapped batch."  I'm going to have to use that one if the opportunity comes up.  Back on whatever planet Pearl is currently on (it's hard to follow that season 8 "plot" without viewing episodes in order), she runs into some adorably omnipotent Space Children who demand her and her underlings entertain them.  Not a bad episode at all, 3.5/5. 

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1131 on: May 09, 2009, 07:44:46 PM »

Bloody Pit of Horror- Terrible acting, terrible production quality, terrible blood effects, terrible choreography... In short, absolutely awesome movie!  TeddyR  Okay, so it's good-bad.  It definitely has kitsch.   Thumbup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1132 on: May 10, 2009, 05:05:25 AM »

OUTPOST (2008)-Mercenariy soldiers are hired by a secretive business man to secure an old WWII Nazi bunker somewhere in Eastern Europe. Ends up that the joint is overrun by Nazi zombie/ghosts from the 4th dimension. I was pretty impressed-an original (well-kinda-Nazi Zombies been done before) horror story in this age of remakes and rip-offs. One of the best of the new horror films I've seen this year!!!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #1133 on: May 11, 2009, 02:24:21 AM »

THE GREAT OUTDOORS  *** out of ****

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1134 on: May 11, 2009, 06:43:13 AM »

I watched THE UNINVITED Saturday night.  Neat little evil stepmother/ghost story with an EXCELLENT twist ending!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1135 on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »

I saw the clonus without the mystery science theatre stuff.  it was a cliche but I thought good movie.  late 70's early 80's is so my era, I'll watch just about anything from then.  always with the backdrop of a political campaign that's important.

Dancehall Queen (1997) -  This is sort of a jamaican Saturday Night Fever or something.  The plot is corny and the writing is amateurish but it's entertaining and definately unique.  A single mom is struggling to raise her kids in Jamaica by selling beer out of a sidwalk cart.  long story short she begins designing and wearing outrageous night club outfits and creates another identity for herself as a dancehall "mystery lady" .  Yeah, you are thinking, this is really right up my alley.  nothing i love better than rags to riches cheesball stories AND repetitive  dancehall reggae with the impossible to understand rapping over it.  There's also a clark kent type thing where a guy she sees all the time likes the mystery girl and doesn't see that it's her.  subtitles are absolutely mandatory.  bumble clot!  Hollywood sohuld remake this with sarah silverman in the lead.   Thumbup 4/5
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:24:37 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1136 on: May 11, 2009, 11:52:10 AM »

I saw the clonus without the mystery science theatre stuff.  it was a cliche but I thought good movie.  late 70's early 80's is so my era, I'll watch just about anything from then.  always with the backdrop of a political campaign that's important.

It looked to be OK, but sort of dull, with some major plot holes.  Certainly not total dreck.  The director was interviewed as an extra on the disc, and he was a very good sport about being spoofed. 

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1137 on: May 11, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »

House by the Cemetery- Watched it again last night.  A bit slow at points, but once it picks up it gets pretty good.  I went lurking at the message board for this film at IMDb, and heard a pretty decent theories there.  I still think the kid is annoying.  Thumbup
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1138 on: May 11, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »

Twice Upon A Time

Talk about one of the rarest and most unknown films of all time.  It was very interesting to watch and I did find the animation style very nice.  It was very creative, had some good humor, and unquie story.  The biggest problem for me was that it felt a bit boring and bland to watch after a while.  Also, some of the humor wasn't that good and felt a bit forced.  Voice acting was so so with some great voice work, but some flat preformances in some scenes.  Either way, it was one of the most interesting movies I have seen in a while that wasn't insane or crazy.  I say buy it, but since it is so rare and so expensive, you'll probably just end up watching it on YouTube.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Torgo

« Reply #1139 on: May 11, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »

BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE  **1/2 out of ***
BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY   *** out of ****.
FINDING NEMO   ***1/2 out of ****.
RATATOUILLE   ***1/2 out of ****.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.