Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:24:01 PM
715285 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123716 times)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1740 on: November 23, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »

One of the better romantic comedies out there, I really liked Anna Farris's role in this movie. 7/10

If I wasn't so obsessed with urban myths I'd give this movie a lower mark, since it would be just an ordinary teen slasher. 6/10
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1741 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Bruno- Funny s**t! Thumbup

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
hellbilly
« Reply #1742 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:02 PM »

The Cavern (2005)

At times gory cave dwelling horror with a fun little old school type of twist. I liked it. This one was actually made before The Descent.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1743 on: November 24, 2009, 02:29:22 AM »

The Cavern (2005)

At times gory cave dwelling horror with a fun little old school type of twist. I liked it. This one was actually made before The Descent.

I think it's a mockbuster of The Cave
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1744 on: November 24, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »

Although it's old, I recently rented "The Mothman Prophecies" which I had never seen.  I found it slow at the beginning, but it got more interesting as you got further into it.  I liked it. I reminded me of the  "X Files" tv series.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1745 on: November 25, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »

KONG ISLAND [AKA KING OF KONG ISLAND] (1968): There's no Kong, and no island (it's an isthmus at best). There is a mad scientist implanting transistors into the brains of gorillas to make them his slaves, a macho mercenary, a scantily clad Jungle Jane type wild-child, and a lot of backstory and subplots.  Pretty dumb, but unpredictable; you could do worse in a bad movie.  2.5/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1746 on: November 26, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »

Hacks (2003)-  a low budget "waiting for guffman" style mockumentary about a bunch of bad comics that isn't funny.  what was that saying you can make a movie about boring people but don't have it be boring?  The acting and direction and so forth are fine, it's solidly done but it's just not funny.  skip it
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1747 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:25 PM »

just watched The Manster. pretty solid movie Thumbup

SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1748 on: November 27, 2009, 06:41:36 AM »

The Calamari Wrestler- Funny little Japanese wrestling film where the main character/hero is a squid, which no one in the film finds particularly strange lol Highly recommended Thumbup

Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:45:23 AM by SkullBat308 » Logged

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1749 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »

The Giant Gila Monster (1959) - This guy named Chase is the leader of a small town car club.  He's trying to get the (30 year old) kids to drive more safely.  He's also got a French girlfriend, and the local mean rich guy wants to have her sent back to France because, well, just because he's mean I guess.  His little sister has Polio, and Chase is saving up for some braces for her legs.  She tries to walk with them, but is only partially successful.  Never fear, Chase whips out the ukulele and sings her a church hymn.  Not one, not two, but THREE verses.  We learn an important lesson about the power of laughter.  Anyhow, Chase also meets a radio DJ, and as luck would have it, there's a big barn dance and the DJ is nice enough to attend.  Thrilling.  Chase sings his hymn again.

Oh yeah, there's also a gila monster on the loose.  At the beginning of the movie, Chase is asked to store 4 containers of nitro glycerin in his shed.  You'd NEVER guess this, but that will play an important part later on.  Gawd, this bored the crap out of me.  2/5.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:42:22 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1750 on: November 28, 2009, 07:41:48 AM »

The Devil's Chair (2006) - A guy takes his girlfriend out to an abandoned asylum, to drop some acid and have some sex.  Unfortunately she sits in a chair (if she'd only read the title of the movie...).  Anyhow, she disappears and he gets blamed for her murder, and ends up spending 4 years in a mental institution.  A doctor decides he wants to write a book about the guy, so he and a small team of researchers (including two hot babes) take him back to the scene of the crime.  More people sit in the chair.  It turns out the doctor's motives aren't quite what they seemed.  And then there's that twist ending - really one of the best I've seen.  One of those that's completely unpredictable, but once it happens, it makes perfect sense.  I had a big problem with the movie, but once the ending rolled around, I was like "Oh, that's why they did that!"  Pretty cool, I'll give it a 3.75/5.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1751 on: November 28, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »

Bought a few movies yesterday but have only watched 2 so far.

Antibodies~ A small town police officer is investigating the death of a young girl. A notorious serial killer is arrested in the city and he goes to talk to him, to see if he was responsible. For me it was like a cross between silence of the lambs with a little bit of American psycho thrown in.. only in German.  I liked it. It was well written, the acting was very good, and it kept me guessing.. Its definitely worth a watch. The subject matter may be a little much for some.

Anonymous Rex~ Dinosaurs its seems did not die out, they have evolved and are using holographic human skin suits to blend in with the humans.. omg! I knew when I bought this it would be stupid but, I didn't  realize how stupid and paid the price.. This movie was so boring, so stupid, so make me want to poke my eyes out terrible, it gave me a headache.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1752 on: November 28, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »

Demons at the door~ oh.my.god.    Buggedout  Buggedout  here is a trailer for any who are interested..
OwnrXf1cVU4

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1753 on: November 28, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

MST3K: THE REBEL SET:  I was personally pleased by this one because I've wanted to see it again for awhile but had it confused with THE BEATNIKS.  The movie is a lame, predictable caper flick with the gimmick being that Chief from contol (Ed Platt) recruits desperate beatniks to be his partners in the heist.  Pretty average throughout, except that it ends with the memorable "who is Merritt Stone?" running gag, where Tom Servo tries to figure out what part is played by character actor Stone by comparing credits in other MST3k'd movies.  3.5/45.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1754 on: November 29, 2009, 08:17:33 AM »

Tried watching Wicked Lake last night, but only made it about 10 minutes in.  It was so stupid I thought I was watching a Troma movie.  I'll try to slog through the rest of it tonight...maybe.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.